Ideas for 11/6/04 Best Buy coupon: $5 off any Xbox Live software?

dpac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So yeah, I got that old $5 off any Xbox Live software (or Xbox Live Starter Kit) coupon from the GamePro circular that went around Best Buy stores this summer. Now I need to know what to do with it, as no stores in the Chicagoland area seem to be carrying Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (for the Xbox). I could try to find someone who could use it before its 11/6/04 expiration date, but I was hoping there might be a decent sale to use it on. Anyone have any ideas? Getting Dead or Alive 3 for $5, with the other no-minimum $5 off coupon from last year(?), was definitely nice, but I'm not seeing anything approaching that level of awesomeness this time around. Corporate's gotten smarter, I think...

[quote name='doubledown']You should've bought one of the ESPN $20 sports games....best $20 out there....[/quote]
Yeah, I'd go with NFL 2K5 if I go with any sports game. Might be good to finally try the big rival (or better competitor) to Madden.

I have seen outlaw volleyball for $10 - $5 coupon for a total of $5 for the game. I got Espn basketball for $10 with the coupon and I think the best I used it on was when kotor was $15 and w/coupon it was $10.

Yeah, the $10 sale for KotOR at Circuit City was pretty good, but I already owned the non-PH version of the game (and have yet to finish it!). Too bad there won't be any new in-store sales before the coupon expires. The TRU I visited on Saturday wouldn't take a competitor's coupon.

Another one you might want to check (but YMMV on BB actually having it) Colin McRae oX (o4 is $19.99 so $14.99 after coup, and o5 is $29.99, so $24.99 after coup)... very good rally games, and a must have if you like racing games.

Anything that is $19.99 or up you can just the GGC on so no rush to get it down by 11/6.

My suggestion would be to get Outlaw Volleyball as ryosnk suggests. It has some funny stuff and can be a lot of fun to play with some buddies. Plus if you decide you hate it you can probably eBay for at least what you paid if not more.

[quote name='guessed']I believe CC carries GGX2 Reload. See if they have it, and get customer service to match the coupon.[/quote]
Ah, I forgot that Circuit City stores were carrying this game (again). So the coupon "matching" at CC isn't a YMMV-type of thing? If there's a chance I can get Guilty Gear this way, I'll definitely give it a try.

This is highly YMMV but Sega GT Online and MTX Mototrax are both $9.99 which would make them $4.99 after coupon.

Other more common titles which would be $4.99 after coupon are Ford Racing 2, Corvette, and IHRA Racing.

keep in mind they might not take that coupon for a game, that was my experience when i tried to use it on espn nba 2k5 when it was on sale for $14.99

[quote name='andrew333']keep in mind they might not take that coupon for a game, that was my experience when i tried to use it on espn nba 2k5 when it was on sale for $14.99[/quote]
I took my coupon to Circuit City and got customer service to accept it for Guilty Gear (for the Xbox). The rep had to call for approval (she wasn't too sure about my software claims), but things went pretty smoothly. I've heard Best Buy managers and reps react similarly.

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. Just remember that the coupon expires today!

bread's done
Back