If anyone was effected by BB.Online Price Changes read here (Possible BBB dispute)

Brian9824

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (99%)
After contacting BB.Online and confirming their policy I will be calling corporate on monday since its toll free and talking to them. If they don't answer my questions i'll be opening a BBB dispute for the heck of it.

I don't agree with their policy of charging 2 different prices for the same service based on how much they THINK you will rent that month from them.

It's basically like you go into a buffet and pay $8 while your friend has to pay $12 because they think he will eat more. Its discrimination and not much different then what netflix got in trouble over in the past.

Would anyone else be willing to file disputes as well? It's free and pretty simple.

[quote name='Brian9824']After contacting BB.Online and confirming their policy I will be calling corporate on monday since its toll free and talking to them. If they don't answer my questions i'll be opening a BBB dispute for the heck of it.

I don't agree with their policy of charging 2 different prices for the same service based on how much they THINK you will rent that month from them.

It's basically like you go into a buffet and pay $8 while your friend has to pay $12 because they think he will eat more. Its discrimination and not much different then what netflix got in trouble over in the past.

Would anyone else be willing to file disputes as well? It's free and pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about?

2 different prices for the same service. Where do you see this at.

ALSO call them but they wont care they will tell you if you dont like their service then leave. I called and compalin when they cancelled my 15.99 account and then tried to bill me 24.99 per month. They wouldnt do a thing about it and that is why im back with netflix

if your talking about

plan A return in store PLAN b return by mail

then those are two different things. but i dont see where you pay 2 different things for the same item

hell people could sue when PERSON A gets a discount plan when they go to cancell while PErson B never sees the discount and is automatic cancelled

If you are a prefered member meaning you don't rent alot you were allowed to stay and use $17.99 price for 3 at a time by mail and unlimited in store exchanges.

If you rent alot you have to pay $24.99 for same plan. My $17.99 a month gets me 3 at a time by mail now and 5 exchanges in store per month compared to other people who can get unlimited in store exchanges for the same price.

Most likely it won't do much but theres no point in complaining. People also said the same thing about netflix's throttling and enough complaints and publicity was made that netflix changed it and lowered prices.

When they cancelled your account it was because of change in policy. The high renters had their accounts cancelled and had to pay more for same services while the lower renters got to keep their accounts the way there were.

I honestly don't care if nothing happens. I just want the report to be on their record and have them explain their policy to the BBB. It's more for the principle then any real change

[quote name='Brian9824']If you are a prefered member meaning you don't rent alot you were allowed to stay and use $17.99 price for 3 at a time by mail and unlimited in store exchanges.

If you rent alot you have to pay $24.99 for same plan. My $17.99 a month gets me 3 at a time by mail now and 5 exchanges in store per month compared to other people who can get unlimited in store exchanges for the same price.

Most likely it won't do much but theres no point in complaining. People also said the same thing about netflix's throttling and enough complaints and publicity was made that netflix changed it and lowered prices.

When they cancelled your account it was because of change in policy. The high renters had their accounts cancelled and had to pay more for same services while the lower renters got to keep their accounts the way there were.

I honestly don't care if nothing happens. I just want the report to be on their record and have them explain their policy to the BBB. It's more for the principle then any real change[/QUOTE]

well someone could complain some people got 2 game coupons per month while others got 1 ...... but im not going to agure with you i hate bbonline

BBB wont do anything about . Back in 2005 i got my account banned for using report DVD too much (they sent me 8 movies in a row what wouldnt play)

My account ran from like AUg 15 to sept 14 and they cancelled my account AUG 16 (one day after they billed me for the month)

i contacted the BBB but nothing was done i doubt doing it again will do anything. the best thing is just take your business elsewhere. Maybe once they lose 90% of their customers they will lower their rates or just close up

Well the game coupons are different. People were grandfathered in based on WHEN they signed up, not how much they used them. Their current change doesnt take into account when you signed up. Its strictly based on how much you rent so in effect it discriminates against certain customers.

I have friends who joined AFTER me and are getting the cheaper rate.

I posted it in the other BB topic, but yea, im getting kinda pissed off as well. I've been with them for more than 3 years. First as an 8 out, then i got downgrade to 5, then 4, and now 3 for more than what i was paying for 4 out at a time. It takes them around 6 days from the time that my items are marked received at store before the next dvds ship (my queue has plenty of available now/short wait's). If it keeps up i'll probably be in with you on the BBB for throttling. I'd probably be better off getting a instore movie pass and just using the free 2.5 month trial codes over and over.

[quote name='Bezerker']I posted it in the other BB topic, but yea, im getting kinda pissed off as well. I've been with them for more than 3 years. First as an 8 out, then i got downgrade to 5, then 4, and now 3 for more than what i was paying for 4 out at a time. It takes them around 6 days from the time that my items are marked received at store before the next dvds ship (my queue has plenty of available now/short wait's). If it keeps up i'll probably be in with you on the BBB for throttling. I'd probably be better off getting a instore movie pass and just using the free 2.5 month trial codes over and over.[/QUOTE]

careful in using those free codes. read on other boards they are banning people or even charing people who already had a free month

[quote name='slidecage']careful in using those free codes. read on other boards they are banning people or even charing people who already had a free month[/quote] I use prepaid cards with nothing on them. Once the free month trial runs out, they try to charge you for the next 6 weeks, then they cancel. Basically meaning you get 2.5 months for free. If you've got the Paypal virtual debit card, you can use that as well. I did this process for over a year. I never used the same card twice, which is probably why I never had any problems.

[quote name='Bezerker']I use prepaid cards with nothing on them. Basically once the free month trial runs out, they try to charge you for the next 6 weeks, then they cancel. Basically meaning you get 2.5 months for free. If you've got the Paypal virtual debit card, you can use that as well. I did this process for over a year. I never used the same card twice, which is probably why I never had any problems.[/QUOTE]

LOL I need to try that in nov

this isn't true about charging two different prices for the same service. they are changing people's accounts over on each account's renewal date. each person's renewal date is different as it is actually on the same day you signed up. mine renews on the 20th of each month, my friend renewed earlier than that, so he was switched over before i was.

Yes it is true. They have sent emails telling some people that as prefered customers they can keep their current plan and won't be switched over. I have an email from their CSR's specifically stating that as well as the reason my plan was changed was because I rent to much. My account was changed 3 months ago.

If you didn't rent much they let you keep your old price point of $17.99 and unlimited exchanges in store, if you rented alot they changed it.

AKA 2 different prices for the same service.

FYI I'm filing the report this weekend. Been busy this week.

[quote name='lordopus99']Just join Netflix.

I hated Blockbuster Online when I was a member.[/quote]

I have nothing to add but with the ammount of bitching going on here I think people didn't read this.

Oh I'll add this.....

8 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $47.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 8 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $47.99.
7 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $41.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 7 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $41.99.
6 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $35.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 6 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $35.99.
5 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $29.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 5 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $29.99.
4 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $23.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 4 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $23.99.
3 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $16.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 3 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $16.99.
2 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $13.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 2 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $13.99. You are currently on this plan:
1 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $8.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 1 movie out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $8.99.

Plus you get an hour of viewing on their movie watching service for every $1 you spend.

... or you could just cancel your account. It's fucking blockbuster. Seriously, what did you expect? There are few companies worse (Gamestop comes to mind...) in pretty much every way. The only thing they understand is money, so if you are still giving them some, they really could give a shit less what you say, whether it's to the BBB or not.

Yeah i mean just looking at their plans on BB.com it looks like if you want unlimited in store exchanges it is $24.99 or it is just $17.99 with 5 max in store. It doesn't say anything about predicting what you are going to do. I might be wrong.

I'm more pissed off that they changed the pricing structure and instead of letting current members stick with their pricing policy, they are forcing you to change to the new structure.

I'm currently 3-at-a-time with unlimited in-store exchanges for 17.99. My options are now to stick with that plan, but with only 5 in-store exchanges a month or pay an extra $7/month to keep under the same rental plan.

Honestly, it may be petty, but I don't think I'm renewing after my account runs out next week. I'm tired of excessive price jumps and can be putting my $19/month (after taxes) to something better.

I had the one out at a time for $9.99 plan w/ unlimited in store exchanges. We would generally get a movie in the mail Tuesday, watch it, return it to the store for a freebie, and watch that. Then they cancelled my plan and upped it to $17 for the same plan, or $9.99 for 2 (fucking two) in store exchanges per month.

Anyways, I cancelled and went to Hollywood video around the corner. fuck blockbuster.

i'm still paying $17.99 for 3 out, unlimited exchanges in-store and 1 free game rental each month. if they change that I will consider leaving, but i'm happy with the service right now.

[quote name='daminion']i'm still paying $17.99 for 3 out, unlimited exchanges in-store and 1 free game rental each month. if they change that I will consider leaving, but i'm happy with the service right now.[/quote]
You didn't get the email? They're letting the current plan members run until their next period and after it runs out that plan won't be automatically renewed. Liek me, my plan runs out on the 17th, and I was informed several that my plan won't be renewed on the 18th. I have to select a different plan.

[quote name='Email from BBOnline']Dear Ryan,

We have introduced a new pricing structure for our lineup of subscription plans.

As a result, the price of your current monthly plan, Unlimited Online DVDs up to 3 at a time plus unlimited in-store exchanges each month for $17.99, is no longer available for $17.99.

We will not automatically renew your subscription on your next billing date following September 21, 2007.

If you choose to continue, please select a new plan
.[/QUOTE]

I still hav emy 1 at a time for $9.99 with unlimited exchanges AND coupon. Plus, my month JUST started over on Oct 5th....so, some people are NOT getting force upgraded.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have nothing to add but with the ammount of bitching going on here I think people didn't read this.

Oh I'll add this.....

8 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $47.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 8 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $47.99.
7 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $41.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 7 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $41.99.
6 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $35.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 6 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $35.99.
5 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $29.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 5 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $29.99.
4 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $23.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 4 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $23.99.
3 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $16.99
Unlimited rentals - up to 3 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $16.99.
2 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $13.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 2 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $13.99. You are currently on this plan:
1 at-a-time (Unlimited) for $8.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 1 movie out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $8.99.

Plus you get an hour of viewing on their movie watching service for every $1 you spend.[/QUOTE]

you need a nice pc to watch those movies though. my pc cant run them

[quote name='daminion']Nope, I didn't recieve that email (yet). When did you get it?[/quote]

Sep. 19th is when the email showed up.

i dont really understand about the BBB complaint, unless you are complaining about throttling, which they may or may not be doing, sometimes they were superfast with me, sometimes they were slow as mollassass(sp?). I havent rejoined with BBO or signed up with netflix mostly because I havent got around to it.

I have a free 1 month trial for netflix sitting in front of me, I should just try that and if i like that, i will keep it, if not then i may just go back to BBO or nothing at all, just buy tv boxsets from the weekly ads, sell them on ebay and just do that.

[quote name='sp00ge']You didn't get the email? They're letting the current plan members run until their next period and after it runs out that plan won't be automatically renewed. Liek me, my plan runs out on the 17th, and I was informed several that my plan won't be renewed on the 18th. I have to select a different plan.[/quote]
This is not the email some are getting. i received my email in July and this is what it says

Dear Ryan,

We want to let you know about some changes to our BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ subscription plans. This information is provided for your reference only – your subscription plan will not be affected by these changes.

Beginning July 26, 2007, there will be a price increase on your current unlimited plan. We will also begin to offer plans which limit the number of in-store exchanges available each month.

As a preferred customer, your plan will not change at this time. Please continue to enjoy your exclusive subscription plan, including no monthly limit on free* movie rentals or discounted game rentals when you exchange in-store, at today's price – far below the published rate available to new subscribers.

At any point, you can log in and review your current subscription plan or see all available plans. Keep in mind that if you want to change your subscription plan at any point after July 26, 2007, your new plan will be subject to prices and terms available at that time.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER

[quote name='sp00ge']You didn't get the email? They're letting the current plan members run until their next period and after it runs out that plan won't be automatically renewed. Liek me, my plan runs out on the 17th, and I was informed several that my plan won't be renewed on the 18th. I have to select a different plan.[/quote]

I was invited to take part in a survery concering a possible change to their online plans. One of the questions was: If informed that your plan was being deleted and being replaced with a different one, which would you choose? I looked it over, and clicked the option that said I would cancel my membership altogether. They haven't touched my plan.

As I explained to you in your last thread, they are NOT letting people keep their old pricing plan. The people that received that e-mail received it months ago and since then they have been forced to change their plan. Everyone is being charged the same price and those that are on the old price are simply waiting for their billing date to come up, at which point their plan will be put on hold until they change plans. Good luck arguing with a brick wall though.

[quote name='Warner1281']As I explained to you in your last thread, they are NOT letting people keep their old pricing plan. The people that received that e-mail received it months ago and since then they have been forced to change their plan. Everyone is being charged the same price and those that are on the old price are simply waiting for their billing date to come up, at which point their plan will be put on hold until they change plans. Good luck arguing with a brick wall though.[/quote]
So basically what you're saying is I should be prepared for my plan to change soon. I have received no email save the one I posted earlier. I assume they decided to fuck their "prefered" customers too?

If you answer yes my plan will be changing, I will be switching back to Netflix very soon.

[quote name='Warner1281']As I explained to you in your last thread, they are NOT letting people keep their old pricing plan. The people that received that e-mail received it months ago and since then they have been forced to change their plan. Everyone is being charged the same price and those that are on the old price are simply waiting for their billing date to come up, at which point their plan will be put on hold until they change plans. Good luck arguing with a brick wall though.[/quote]

Not trying to put the kybosh on anything you said here. I'm just saying that I told them I would quit and they didn't change anything. My plan renewed two days ago, and it's still the same it's always been.

[quote name='JLazzuri']Not trying to put the kybosh on anything you said here. I'm just saying that I told them I would quit and they didn't change anything. My plan renewed two days ago, and it's still the same it's always been.[/quote]

That's a load of shit then. Giving some people preferential treatment while giving others the finger.

Anywho, they've shipped me ONE movie in the past week, so now there's throttling going on here. I'm definitely cancelling my account, now.

Used to work for BB for 3 yrs they would do this with there movie plans every year around this time because corp. would decided they were losing to much money. Last time people came in complained and BB didn't do anything a bunch of them wrote BBB and they didn't care too. But good luck op.

[quote name='VXXXJesterXXXV']This is not the email some are getting. i received my email in July and this is what it says[/quote]That is the email I recall getting. My plan re-ups on the 9th, and nothing changed this month:

Your current plan...

Rental Type:
BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium

Your Plan:
$17.99 / month (plus taxes)
3 at-a-time, unlimited mailings
unlimited in-store free movie/discounted game exchanges
+2 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month
  • Next Billing Date:
    November 09,2007
If they ever do force me to change, I'll likely leave if they take my rental coupons. We haven't rented movies as much the last few months, but the two game rentals a month is a $16 value alone.

[quote name='mietha']... or you could just cancel your account. It's fucking blockbuster. Seriously, what did you expect? There are few companies worse (Gamestop comes to mind...) in pretty much every way. The only thing they understand is money, so if you are still giving them some, they really could give a shit less what you say, whether it's to the BBB or not.[/quote]

Yeah, I stopped bothering with Blockbuster about 3 years ago when I had rented a few games from them over the holidays while friends were in town. I returned all the games on the same day (the day my friends left town, so i know what day it was.) 6 months later I get a notice in the mail from BB that they have charged my credit card because 2 of the 3 games were "overdue".

Obviously I went in and complained to the people saying there is no way i would return 1 of the games and keep the other 2 for an extra week (the listed return date for the 2 "overdue" games was exactly 1 week after the time i returned the first game, in other words exactly 1 rental period at the time.) They had obviously made a mistake and had not checked those 2 games in when I had returned them, and the manager of the store agreed it was a mistake. Even after admitting the mistake however he refused to credit my card for the balance and would only offer me Store Credit!

Let me get this straight. Your employees can make a mistake, which you admit to, that takes my money and you won't give it back? Store credit is not the same as a refund. "We can make all the mistakes as we want, we don't care. Either way we still get your money."

Bye Bye Blockbuster.

If they allow some customers to keep their old plan and others have to switch it has to be discrimination. Pure bs too. I joined a couple months ago and was forced to go to the 24.99 plan to have unlimited exchanges. Probably has nothing to do with the fact that I had 90 rentals in 2 months. All those that didn't get jacked prices probably have a plan that is more than they really need. I am about to drop them but netflix is not an option as I did them before and turnaround time is too slow. Only reason I have bb is for in-store exchange. I watch 6-8 movies at work every weekend. So I need in=store exchange. Oh well FF bb I am going to start recording tv to my laptop and just watching that at work from now on.

Even with the 5 out limit, it is still too good a deal to pass up.
I quit Netflix for throttle abuse and I'll never go back to them.
Being able to pick up a movie off the shelf and have them check in my online movie at the same time, is a great perk.
Netflix would not only throttle me, they would...
Take the movie I returned Friday/Saturday and not receive it in their system until Wed/Thursday.
Therefore, the most important thing to me, new releases, would always move to long waits and they would mail stuff from the bottom of my queue, catalog titles.
Why was I paying $18 a month for that?
And I wasn't the "get it, rip it and mail it back the same day" abuser, I would average about 3 a week, spread out.
I hate Netflix with a passion. The only benefit I see that they have is offering the 2 disc set of movies where Blockbuster usually only offers the stripped version.

[quote name='Zimmy']Even with the 5 out limit, it is still too good a deal to pass up.
I quit Netflix for throttle abuse and I'll never go back to them.
Being able to pick up a movie off the shelf and have them check in my online movie at the same time, is a great perk.
Netflix would not only throttle me, they would...
Take the movie I returned Friday/Saturday and not receive it in their system until Wed/Thursday.
Therefore, the most important thing to me, new releases, would always move to long waits and they would mail stuff from the bottom of my queue, catalog titles.
Why was I paying $18 a month for that?
And I wasn't the "get it, rip it and mail it back the same day" abuser, I would average about 3 a week, spread out.
I hate Netflix with a passion. The only benefit I see that they have is offering the 2 disc set of movies where Blockbuster usually only offers the stripped version.[/QUOTE]

dont worry after a few months blockbuster will do that as well. Blockbuster will also never send you any NEW RELEASE MOVIES

I can go buy 5 new release movies at any video store for 12.50

blockbuster can keep their junk

also for those wondering what ever became of their

UNLIMITED MOVIES AND GAMES INSTORE ONLINE PROGRAM

last i heard it would never fly cause they were looking at around 39.99 per month (This was before the 24.99 Increase so it probally be 50 or higher )

im sorry but noone is going to give blockbuster 40 bucks per month

LOL then again i give that much already more then that netflix 3 at a time and gamefly 2 at a time

almost the same (though gamefly carries PSP and DS games what blockbuster dont)

[quote name='slidecage']dont worry after a few months blockbuster will do that as well. Blockbuster will also never send you any NEW RELEASE MOVIES

I can go buy 5 new release movies at any video store for 12.50
[/quote]So, even if they don't send them to you you can rent them in-store with a mailer exchange, on release day.

And are you saying $12.50 a movie or for all 5, cause I'd LOVE to see that ;)

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']So, even if they don't send them to you you can rent them in-store with a mailer exchange, on release day.

And are you saying $12.50 a movie or for all 5, cause I'd LOVE to see that ;)[/QUOTE]

really if i rented major i can get new release movies for 1.25 per night
or even 1.00 per night out of redbox machines

only way to rent new release movies in store unlimited is 25 bucks since you only get 5 returns with the 17 plan

how slowly BB ships you will be lucky to get 3 per week via mail and 3 per week via store 6 x4 weeks 24 movies what would = 1.xx per movie

bad thing is BLockbuster online only ships me crap i wouldnt pay 49 cents to watch

[quote name='slidecage']really if i rented major i can get new release movies for 1.25 per night
or even 1.00 per night out of redbox machines

only way to rent new release movies in store unlimited is 25 bucks since you only get 5 returns with the 17 plan

how slowly BB ships you will be lucky to get 3 per week via mail and 3 per week via store 6 x4 weeks 24 movies what would = 1.xx per movie

bad thing is BLockbuster online only ships me crap i wouldnt pay 49 cents to watch[/quote]Ah, for some reason I thought you meant buyin over renting, I have no idea why. Yes you could easily find ways to get 5 new release rentals each week for that much.

As far as slow shipping, I had the service for about 8 months (but must admit I only really used it much for the last two... the first 6 were a trial), and it was when it was $17.99 for unlimited both ways. I usually had about 6 movies from online and 6 in-store each week, which at the current rate of $25 would be $0.52 per rental. Not sure if things have changed across the board for shipping, but I know it was decent for me. I do admit I never rented new releases from online, only rare/obscure/tv stuff. Towards the end, lots of MST3K.

But how did blockbuster "only send you crap you wouldn't pay $0.49 to watch"? Don't you select the titles? I know all the titles I received were ones I wanted to see :whistle2:s

But yeah with a red box one could rent a movie each day, for $1, and come out not too bad.

they did this to me too, while my uncle got to keep the same plan. thus, i switched to netflix. i find the bbb to be completely worthless, the one time i tried to file a complaint, they were far from being a consumer advocate... even when i pointed out a complete inconsistency over the businesses letters.
Good luck though, i wish someone could stick it to blockbuster...again.

[quote name='mietha']... or you could just cancel your account. It's fucking blockbuster. Seriously, what did you expect? There are few companies worse (Gamestop comes to mind...) in pretty much every way. The only thing they understand is money, so if you are still giving them some, they really could give a shit less what you say, whether it's to the BBB or not.[/quote]

I agree with this guy. BB is THE worst rental company. They're drunk on power cause they're the biggest one in the country.

I was just at FamilyVideo (after hearing about their great sales via CAG), and was SHOCKED to learn I could rent games there for $1!!!! Yeah, the older games, but BB would have charged me $6-8 for the same game, same amount of days.

I also got 50% off of all rentals for my first month (no coupon needed).

Course, this is for PHYSICAL STORE RENTALS, but the thing I hate about monthly plans is that I never know when I'll have the free time to watch movies. I'd rather rent a couple for a $1 than get charged a flat fee for a service I may or may not need on a particular month.

Online rentals with in store exchange is the way to go for some people. In my case I work weekend nights (Thurs-Sun) and pretty much have very little to do other than be awake. So I can watch 3 movies every night if I feel like it sometimes more. I only watch them on these days. So what I do is make sure I return in store by sun. By tues I have new ones. If I desire I may watch maybe not. But I make sure to return by wed. In a weekend I have 6 from store and 3online. The fuckers rate jacked me too, as said earlier I had 90+ online rentals in last 2 months and all those returned for exchange. They don't like me. But I am dropping them. Now I just dvr to my laptop cable shows.
Personally I don't see the advantage to blockbuster if not renting a ton at these prices.

[quote name='rmb']Online rentals with in store exchange is the way to go for some people. In my case I work weekend nights (Thurs-Sun) and pretty much have very little to do other than be awake. So I can watch 3 movies every night if I feel like it sometimes more. I only watch them on these days. So what I do is make sure I return in store by sun. By tues I have new ones. If I desire I may watch maybe not. But I make sure to return by wed. In a weekend I have 6 from store and 3online. The fuckers rate jacked me too, as said earlier I had 90+ online rentals in last 2 months and all those returned for exchange. They don't like me. But I am dropping them. Now I just dvr to my laptop cable shows.
Personally I don't see the advantage to blockbuster if not renting a ton at these prices.[/quote]There are people that rent a LOT - some customers with 2 at a time in store pass (the high priced $30 one that is only instore) come in twice a day. That's 4 movies a day. There are some online renters that would be in as much I'm sure if they had envelopes every day.

The advantage is, though, that for $1 more than Netflix 3 at a time you get 5 in-store rentals. Netflix has downloadable content, but I myself, and a lot of other people, aren't very interested in that. So there is an advantage even if you only rent with moderation.

[quote name='iceblast21']I agree with this guy. BB is THE worst rental company. They're drunk on power cause they're the biggest one in the country.

I was just at FamilyVideo (after hearing about their great sales via CAG), and was SHOCKED to learn I could rent games there for $1!!!! Yeah, the older games, but BB would have charged me $6-8 for the same game, same amount of days.

I also got 50% off of all rentals for my first month (no coupon needed).

Course, this is for PHYSICAL STORE RENTALS, but the thing I hate about monthly plans is that I never know when I'll have the free time to watch movies. I'd rather rent a couple for a $1 than get charged a flat fee for a service I may or may not need on a particular month.[/QUOTE]

the 49 cent movies i was talking about blockbuster sending me. Come monday and tuesday i might have 4 new release movies and 10 movies i want to see an nothing ships. They tell me i need to keep at least 30 movies in my Q. so i toss in 18 junk movies

When someting ships the 3 movies that ship are from the 18 junk movies. the last 6 weeks i was with BB i never got 1 new release movie and this is with having 3 open slots on monday or tuesday

Family video is the way to go if you rent alot of games

also MOnday - friday if you buy a new release game you get a 99 cent game free

New release is like 2.59 one night 3.59 2 nights or 5.59 5 nights
and you get a 5 night 99 cent game free

the 99 cent games used to be a week rental but i think they r 5 nights now

also for 10 bucks you get 1/2 all your rentals for a month

when i used to play my PS2 a lot i used to find coupons on line buy 1 get 1

meaning i could walk up and hand them 2 games keep them out for 5 nights and only pay 2.50 bucks ((half off 5 bucks then buy 1 get 1)

i did this every week so ended up with paying like 10 bucks per month to rent 8 games

MAJOR YMMV AT FAMILY VIDEOS TO GET YOUR MONEY RIGHT BACK

they rent the Xbox 360 game for 2 nights for 20 bucks
they said the MVP 50% discount works on anything

so if you wanted to try out an xbox 360 it would but like getting the 1/2 membership free since it woud knock down the rental to 10 bucks

its just too bad they dont rent DS or PSP games cause if they did I would leave Netflix, blockbuster and gamefly and just stay with them

Say you had of ton of BUY 1 get 1 coupons (LOL dont know how long they put up with this ) This is with membership of 50% off

Monday BUY 5 night game get one free 2.50 (2 games)
Tuesday BUY new release movie 1 free 2.50 (2 movies)
Weds BUY new release movie or game 2.50 (2 movies)
Thursday Buy 5 night game get 1 free 2.50 (2 games)
Friday nothing
Saturday get 2 movies 2.50
sunday nothing

That is a total of 6 movies and 4 games per week (swap them however you want ) 12.50 per week

60 bucks per month for 24 movies and 16 games

netflix if your lucky 4 at a time would net you around 6 movies per week = 24 movies for 25 bucks

Gamefly 4 games at a time if you kept them for 5 days you be lucky to get 8 games for 40

SO FAMILY VIDEO 24 movies and 16 games 60 per month
ONLINE PLAIN 24 movies and 8 games 65 per month

so if you did massive renalts LOL like anyone would go though 16 games in a month family video m ight be the way

also who knows how long they would put up with accepting that buy 1 get 1 coupon.

i use one every week on tuesday and they take it so i know they take one a week dont knwo if they would take 5 a week

ANOTHER WAY TO GO IS BUYING HOLLYWOOD VIDEO COUPONS OFF EBAY

40 coupons per month would need 40 sheets i think sheets go for around 9 bucks ?? 360 bucks / 12

WOW 30 BUCKS PER MONTH FOR 40 RENTALS

even 13 BUCKS PER SHEET WOULD BE 43.33 PER MONTH FOR 40 RENTALS INCLUDES GAMES AND MOVIES

HOLLYWOOD VIDEO IS THE WAY TO GO BIG TIME IF YOU LIVE NEXT TO ONE

too bad it wasnt a few years ago when i went past a hollywood every day

Tuesday movie
Weds movie
THursday movie
FRiday movie
Saturday Game
sunday game (when you take the tuesday - friday movies back)

6 Rentals per week = 24 SHEETS needed say 13 bucks per sheet 312 bucks /12

26 BUCKS PER MONTH FOR READY?? 16 movies and 8 games per month all 5 night rentals

that is insane and the best way to go cause you will get all the stuff you want ... hell you could also toss in a MVP at hollywood adding 3 movies each time you rent 12 more movies per week

64 movies per month and 8 games per month for 41 bucks per month THAT IS INSANE

just something to think about if your at hollywood video

[quote name='slidecage']the 49 cent movies i was talking about blockbuster sending me. Come monday and tuesday i might have 4 new release movies and 10 movies i want to see an nothing ships. They tell me i need to keep at least 30 movies in my Q. so i toss in 18 junk movies

When someting ships the 3 movies that ship are from the 18 junk movies. the last 6 weeks i was with BB i never got 1 new release movie and this is with having 3 open slots on monday or tuesday

Family video is the way to go if you rent alot of games
[/quote]I have something liek 150 titles in my queue (for if/when I ever subscribe again), and I think I want to see them all. It's true that without 30 titles in the queue it tends to get stuck and not ship, but I never had a problem finding something to put in there. (TV shows work great since a typical show is 5 or 6 discs right away).

And I have never even seen a Family Video; my town and the two neighboring cities have only Blockbusters, Hollywoods, and Showtime (which I think is local?). But my town is just Blockbuster and Hollywood. And since movie gallery filed chapter 11, soon I guess it will just be Blockbuster.

bread's done
Back