If games get bid sniped does that mean they're selling too cheap?

EagleNights

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I noticed that if a game isn't getting bid up well enough, or close enough to its actual value, it gets bid sniped becuse people know how good of a deal it is. Like a few house of the dead for SS auctions and snatchers that were around $30~$35, but ended up getting sniped up to about their right prces in the last minutes. So, if the last few games I listed were sniped by one person at the end, does that mean they didn't sell for enough, or weren't getting bid up enough, or could have sold for more in other words? It's sort of a complicaed question, I know, but I'm wondering if I should just start selling BIN's instead of low-exposure auctions.

Auction sniping has nothing to do with the popularity of the auction. It just means the only person looking at your auction bid at the very end. It doesn't change the fact that there was only one person looking at your auction (unless there was also a second person who also wanted to snipe).
Edited to add: I'm not sure if my original post actually answered your question... Your auction would not have gotten more, since there was only one bidder. They could have bid in the beginning or towards the end, but in the end, it's still only one bidder. The fact that they did it towards the end just shows that it was more likely that no one else was looking at it. You can try to get more through BINs, since people might pay a little more just to not deal with the hassle of competing with others in regular bidding. But you have to make sure someone will actually buy it at that price... otherwise, you're paying extra for a BIN that no one is going to use.

Yeah but they wouldn't snipe it if it were priced too high though, right? Or if it were priced just right. what I was thinking was that people who don't really want the game snipe it because it's such a good deal. But I don't know, I think there are just too many variables/exceptions to say for sure why my auctions seem to end in sniping, but I was just trying to narrow it down some.

[quote name='EagleNights']Yeah but they wouldn't snpe it if it were priced too high though, right? Plus, what I was thinking was that people who don't really want the game snipe it because it's such a good deal. But I don't know, I think there are just too many variables/exceptions to say for sure why my auctions seem to end in sniping, but I was just trying to narrow it down some.[/QUOTE]
Actually, more likely than not, your auctions are probably priced too high or close to what people are willing pay for. Auctions that get a lot of bids start lower than what people are willing to pay. People only snipe to prevent other people from responding... I'm not sure how you're relating it with your item being priced too cheap, because it's probably the opposite. I always snipe auctions, regardless of whether or not someone has bid on the item or not, to prevent someone from making a decision to increase their bid in time.

I sold a relatively hard-to-find classical CD set on Ebay last week, with worldwide shipping as an option. I set the opening bid at $4.99, and it got one bid right away - and about 7 watchers. With one day to go it hit $5.72 or something. Then I logged on right before the auction was going to end and just refreshed a bit - BAM, $33 with a new bidder, BAM, $38 with another new bidder, BAM, auction closed. I was awestruck.

bread's done
Back