If I purchase the "new" 3DS...

bdavid81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
I have an original launch 3DS still, but I'm considering on upgrading to a larger model when the new and more powerful one is released.  Will all my my purchases, including the free games from Nintendo, be accessible through the 3DS e-Shop on the new console?

I'm asking since Nintendo is so behind in terms of networks and cross-system purchases. I only realized a few minutes ago that an e-Shop balance doesn't apply to both the 3DS and Wii U platform since I added $20 on my Wii U, but I have $1.96 available on the 3DS.

Great, thank you! That's all I needed to know... at least I can recuperate a small portion of the cost of the new system. Won the original one from UGO.com before its launch so I'm not really losing out I suppose.

Just make sure you have your serial number written down and registered at Club Nintendo. That's the only way. But I got everything transferred once my launch 3DS was stolen because I had it registered.

Not really. You just have to wait however long it takes for the stuff to transfer then pop the sd card out of the original 3DS and pop it into the new one.
You will need to transfer the sd card info to a micro sd card if getting the new 3ds, though. Nothing major, but another step, to be sure.

I don't think I even have an SD card in my system right now, so I guess I'd need to toss one in there and copy everything over when the time comes. My system is registered on Club Nintendo as well - day one. :)

Smash Bros. on this tiny screen is just.... well, you know.

You don't even have to transfer, you can just go to your downloads page on your new system and redownload all of your Game Boy games.

I only realized a few minutes ago that an e-Shop balance doesn't apply to both the 3DS and Wii U platform since I added $20 on my Wii U, but I have $1.96 available on the 3DS.
I thought this was true too, but I called Nintendo and they told me I needed to sign into my Nintendo Network account on my 3ds.

They still had to manually combine the credits I had in each shop, but now when I add money to one system, I can see it on both.

I thought this was true too, but I called Nintendo and they told me I needed to sign into my Nintendo Network account on my 3ds.

They still had to manually combine the credits I had in each shop, but now when I add money to one system, I can see it on both.
Wow, thanks. I had no idea! Just went into my 3DS settings and linked the accounts, and my balance combined on its own.

[quote name="bdavid81" post="12203857" timestamp="1414946378"]I don't think I even have an SD card in my system right now, so I guess I'd need to toss one in there and copy everything over when the time comes. My system is registered on Club Nintendo as well - day one. :)

Smash Bros. on this tiny screen is just.... well, you know.[/quote]

All systems if received sealed and brand new should come with a 2GB SD card which is small but should be good to start off. If pre-owned it is up to the discretion of the previous owner whether one is included in the system or not. Otherwise the best option is to buy a micro sd card and use with an adapter for a full size SD card for now.

bread's done
Back