If I send in a PSP to be fixed will I get one with new firmware?

I think it depends on what is wrong with the device. If it's a analog stick or button issue, the might not upgrade it. I know it's not exactly the same but they repaired a camera I have and it came back without a firmware update. Then again, I wasn't playing ripped PS1 games on it either.

Whenever I read about somebody sending their psp to sony, they always get it back updated with the newest firmware.

You don't get your same PSP back. You will most likely get another already fixed PSP back which has been updated with the latest firmware. So...yes.

[quote name='ananag112']You don't get your same PSP back. You will most likely get another already fixed PSP back which has been updated with the latest firmware. So...yes.[/quote]

Bingo.

I just sent one of mine back that had a broken usb jack with firmware 3.02 and they sent back a different psp with firmware 2.6 (which I promptly upgraded to 2.71 and then downgraded back down to 1.5).

So I guess its anybody's guess what you'll get back.

If it is a screen problem or it is bricked you will probably be sent a different refurbished PSP.It could have any firmware but it will probably be updated.

bread's done
Back