If there is no NFl this year would u still buy madden 2012 when comes out

S

starmask2k3

I would like to know if your guys are going to pick it up if there is no season this year

Nobody should buy any NFL products until there is a labor agreement.

You really need to let your wallet do the talking, the commish is already noticing how little traffic there is to NFL.com and how little merchandise they are selling.

it needs to continue

I Voted Hell no, but that's mainly because I love NCAA football much better than Madden.

Only reason I buy madden is to import my draft classes and track how the players from my created cupcake school do when they reach the NFL (usually takes quite a few seasons as I am very strict on recruiting and make life difficult for myself)

As someone who buys Madden every year (instead of trolling this thread, ahem): hell no. As Destro said, no one should be buying any NFL products with a lockout. I couldn't get myself to do it on those grounds alone, nevermind that I wouldn't get the same enjoyment out of playing the game alongside the season.

[quote name='ubernes']As someone who buys Madden every year (instead of trolling this thread, ahem): hell no. As Destro said, no one should be buying any NFL products with a lockout. I couldn't get myself to do it on those grounds alone, nevermind that I wouldn't get the same enjoyment out of playing the game alongside the season.[/QUOTE]

This sums it up for me too, I've bought every Madden since like 2003, but I'm not buying this year's with the lockout in place. I probably won't pick it up even if the lockout is lifted late into July or August either. Next year.

Can they legally make a Madden game? Since the rights and likeness of the players can't be used until there is an agreement. So any Madden game would just have generic players wouldn't it?

[quote name='Thongsy']Can they legally make a Madden game? Since the rights and likeness of the players can't be used until there is an agreement. So any Madden game would just have generic players wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

interesting. They technically aren't even a union right now, so I don't know what that means for the game.

$20 gc for preorder means I will buy it, get my achievements and trade off. Besides my kids like playing it and I would rather they play football than halo.

[quote name='Thongsy']Can they legally make a Madden game? Since the rights and likeness of the players can't be used until there is an agreement. So any Madden game would just have generic players wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

This is interesting but if I recall I think EA and the NFLPA signed a long-term contract so it would depend on the terms. I'm sure there was a section in there regarding what happens upon decertification of the NFLPA but who knows.

I got off the Madden train in 2003 and I haven't played is since (after playing every version from the beginning). Initially I was going to switch to buying it every-other-year so I skipped 2004 but I really don't miss it. I'd probably completely suck at it now.

I've only ever bought one Madden ever (2007) and regretted it, haven't even considered it since. fuck EA and fuck the NFL.

I love watching the NFL and enjoy picking up a Madden every other year (no longer worth it for me to do so every year). This year was going to be my purchase year, but I will not support a product that will not deliver to its fans. If they get their act together today, I still likely have enough sour taste to not pick up Madden this year. I will watch the games though. If they miss even one week of action, I will not watch the season, even if it comes back at some point. It will be completely dead to me.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I'm from Cleveland, and I just want it for Peyton Hillis[/QUOTE]

Same here. I feel a little less guilty since I took last year off from it. I figure chances are there won't be a Browns player on the cover again for awhile.

[quote name='Ziv']Nobody should buy Madden. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Nobody should buy Call of Duty or Halo, but people do it anyways.

I haven't bought Madden in 3 years, I will buy it this year regardless because EA has improved Franchise mode and that's all I care about.

hehe,No offense but people are more likely to impeach Obama than there not being a year of NFL. they might just cut or extend the season.

Btw hope my hater teams win. go raiders n cowbows! :)

[quote name='DestroVega']Nobody should buy any NFL products until there is a labor agreement.

You really need to let your wallet do the talking, the commish is already noticing how little traffic there is to NFL.com and how little merchandise they are selling.

it needs to continue[/QUOTE]
Except NFL fans are stupid and will take whatever they can get. They didn't care when the NFL went exclusive with the game license and auctioned it off to the highest bidder, so they won't care during a lockout. Just look at the draft to see how Goodell was able to manipulate the crowd that relentlessly booed him at the beginning to focus just on the draft instead.

The potential lack of football could drive more people to buy the game just to have something, but it seems like the negotiations are progressing fast enough that it'll be sorted out before launch.

Call of Duty and Halo at least offer some new narrative with each iteration (this year's Halo anniversary edition excluded). Madden is the same thing every year. Every year they primes something new, then fail. And when their competition actually did innovate, well, we know what happened there. Sega/Visual Concepts had the vastly superior game and got the shit end of the stick.

Nobody should buy Madded. Ever.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Except NFL fans are stupid and will take whatever they can get. They didn't care when the NFL went exclusive with the game license and auctioned it off to the highest bidder, so they won't care during a lockout. Just look at the draft to see how Goodell was able to manipulate the crowd that relentlessly booed him at the beginning to focus just on the draft instead.

The potential lack of football could drive more people to buy the game just to have something, but it seems like the negotiations are progressing fast enough that it'll be sorted out before launch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see a way this doesn't get resolved. The players have already agreed to just taking 46.5% of the revenue, down from 59% after 1 billion. So in my opinion, the owners have no excuse now not to get it done.

I pre-ordered with the $20 Amazon GC, but if there is no NFL, not sure. Technically, all the new drafted players may NOT be in the game, since they are not under contract, correct? Not sure if they are in the NFLPA yet.
I enjoy importing my draft class into Madden also....and I love NCAA.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Nobody should buy Call of Duty or Halo, but people do it anyways.[/QUOTE]
Call of Duty I can see why someone would say that due to Activision's business approach to all their popular franchises. Halo hasn't done anything wrong other than be popular.

[quote name='Ziv']Call of Duty and Halo at least offer some new narrative with each iteration (this year's Halo anniversary edition excluded). Madden is the same thing every year. Every year they primes something new, then fail. And when their competition actually did innovate, well, we know what happened there. Sega/Visual Concepts had the vastly superior game and got the shit end of the stick.

Nobody should buy Madded. Ever.[/QUOTE]

No one expects Madden to have a "captivating story", because it's a SPORTS game. And it's a fun one at that. Halo and Call of Duty are the same thing with each game. Generic first person shooting with boring ass stories. People only buy it because they can play it online with their online "friends" so they can act like they a have a social life.

Nobody should by Halo or Call of Duty. Ever.

See how easy that is? :bouncy:

bread's done
Back