If you aren't getting any use out of Tetris DS, sell it on ebay.

Seriously, I was under no impression that the game was getting rare. Could just be crazy bidders though.

I sold my old DS fat for more than I paid for it new.

Just had to check this out and did a Completed Items search on eBay.

There's some new copies that have gone for around $15-20 with $14 shipping, but I counted four (new and used) that have gone for $50 and up. This was just on the first page, which has the most recently ended auctions; I didn't bother searching any deeper than that.

Has it gone out of print or something?

I think most of the ones going for 15-20 have the seller listed as in China. I'll let your imaginations run wild on those. The US based ones are going for a premium.

its a pretty hard to find game. ive been looking for a copy for a while but i refuse to pay that much for tetris. i like the game and all but not that much.

Nice, I bought it a while ago as it was the only puzzle game they had at my BX. I might go clean out the other 5 or 6 still there :)

Thanks

I need to find this too. Looks like Amazon marketplace doesnt even have one copy below $50. What I really need before that is a Zelda DS.

Have they got another version in the pipeline? With all the "Touch Generation" people latching onto Nintendo's better game system (that's right, I went there), why would they be throwing away so many sales??

You don't suppose that the game is temporarily out of stock due to Christmas shopping? I went to my local Wal-Mart to check on some DS games and a lot of them were gone after Christmas (just a few weeks ago they had like 20 copies of SM64DS and they were all sold out). I've seen the same thing happen with movies in my area.

I'm sure that stores will restock these soon. Or maybe I'm just wrong. I did see Tetris DS on the shelves at this GameStop I always go to and they seem to have had it in stock for quite some time. Maybe this is just YMMV.

[quote name='willc23']I think most of the ones going for 15-20 have the seller listed as in China. I'll let your imaginations run wild on those. The US based ones are going for a premium.[/QUOTE]
Hah, good point. Chinese bootlegs hadn't crossed my mind at the time.

I still say that the orginal Gameboy Tetris is superior to the GBA version. I never tried the DS version though...

Wow, I'm glad I picked up a used copy at Gamestop last year! I love the game though, definitely won't be selling it.

If only I did this with Electroplankton...I sold that game WAY too early, I could've gotten so much more if I listed it now.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I played my copy pretty regularly, but it's only Tetris. There's no way I was going to pass up selling it for this sort of price.[/QUOTE]
I'm tempted to sell it now, and it's been the only title I've been playing on my DS.

[quote name='magiic']I hope it goes down in price soon, I've been wanting it for awhile[/quote]

ditto. i've been trying to score a copy for a while now. i bought one for my cousin back at toysrus's b2g1f sale a while back, not knowing how rare it would be. damn, i should have gotten one for myself! hopefully there's a reprint or restocking...

Well, damn, I got this game at release and I think my son played it one time. I kind of wish I hadn't opened it now - would probably get even more. I'll have to check it out though.

Edit - Just checked it out. eBay is FLOODED with copies being sold from Taiwan and Hong Kong. Here's the key bit of text found DEEP within one of those auctions:

Package:
1.Manual
2.Game Card
3.Case(In order to protect the buyers' interest, we will open the packing of every products and test every components carefully before we sent out the goods, so sometimes whe you received the goods, the box has been opened. This is normal and we can guarante that all our goods are brand new.)

Yeah, right, opened for the "buyers' interest". :roll:
I had no idea DS bootlegs were so big. There's so much crap up there it would make it hard to make a legitimate sale!

I got it as part of a b2g1 TRU sale a year or two ago.

Its fun, but not even close to being the best version of Tetris availble.

Plus when it gets hectic, if you glance up at the top screen to check out the cool nintendo fanservice for even a second its over! lol

I hate that it has the infinite spin trick. The only thing the high score is good for is to show how much time you spent on a single session.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I hate that it has the infinite spin trick. The only thing the high score is good for is to show how much time you spent on a single session.[/quote]

Infinite spin

Four (or five?) piece preview que

That empty 'phantom' shape that appears to show where the piece will go if dropped

All those things annoy me about this version.

[quote name='hootie']Wow, I'm glad I picked up a used copy at Gamestop last year! I love the game though, definitely won't be selling it.

If only I did this with Electroplankton...I sold that game WAY too early, I could've gotten so much more if I listed it now.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Electroplankton is actually worth something? That game is garbage and I bought it, new, when Nintendo was the only place selling it. I felt cheated.

[quote name='Scorch']Was wondering why we haven't received any restock on it in a few months..[/quote]

Yeah, shows as not shipping in my store pc, and a quick search for a customer yesterday showed no new or used in the Hampton Roads area. Closet store was 150 miles away.

Bought two copies to sell on Ebay, but had to go through every mom & pop store in town to do it. At first I just thought it was more ebay crazyness, but the damn game seems to not have gotten reprinted.

Sold my first copy in two minutes for $50.00 + shipping...but sadly my other copy is still unsold. Oh well.

why the hell would nintendo stop printing Tetris? not like it isn't in demand. Some of nintendo's printing habits are strange (like AW: DS, Wario Ware.....and lol the wii.)

[quote name='dragonjud']Bought two copies to sell on Ebay, but had to go through every mom & pop store in town to do it. At first I just thought it was more ebay crazyness, but the damn game seems to not have gotten reprinted.

Sold my first copy in two minutes for $50.00 + shipping...but sadly my other copy is still unsold. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

So how much profit did you make, including gas? $10? I guess if you're hitting up those shops anyway, maybe it's not so bad.

It's a old game, I never seen it at any store myself
the last 6+months, just like metroid pinball, elite beat agents etc etc.

What sucks most is that I wanted my buddy to get this so we could play online but I know he isn't going to pay this much for it. I love my copy so I'm not ever selling it.

yeah, i got it for my cousin at toysrus's b2g1 sale last year, not thinking anything of it. then my aunt started playing it coz she was wondering what the deal was with ds's. after she asked me for help, i got addicted for a while, but too late - i couldn't find it anywhere... now it's impossible to find unless you pay a premium on ebay!

Ever since this was known to be hard to find, I had the itch of course to play it again. I finally found a copy at Sears for 29.99... Not bad I suppose. What a great version of Tetris!

bread's done
Back