If you could eliminate one band from your favorite music genre, who would it be?

levi333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (99%)
A friend and i were talking music, and it came up that we both simply hate Linkin Park. Theres just no way in hell that thats rock, or anything resembling it.
We both change the radio station when one of their songs comes on.

Anybody else just hate/dislike/avoid/want to kill a certain band? Or is it just me?
Not trying to start something, just curious.

If I had to choose just one (from the vast pool of stagnant filth that is the mainstream) hip hop artist, I'd probably say Chingy. He's simply trash.

If had to choose one from rock (just rock in general), I'd go with Good Charlotte. Pop-"punk" at its absolute worst. And that's saying something.

As far as rock goes, I'd definately agree that U2 must die. The only thing worse than their songs are the reviewers and public sucking their dick everytime they release something.

Oh wait, plus Bono is an annoying fuck.

Evanescence and Avril Lavigne, both are horrible bands. Evanescence especially should die because they won Best New Group when Audioslave should've won easily.

I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

As for 'rock' that needs to go...
Blink 182... oh wait... they are gone :twisted:
Linkin Park
everthing limp bizkit has done since their first album
good charlot
well... almost every new band in the past 5 years and EVERY 'rock' band to be played on MTV in the past 2 years.

[quote name='shadow9689']Rock?
Hmmmmmm....
Dillinger Escape Plan comes to mind. It's not rock, it's a bunch of guys screaming and blaring on the guitars.[/quote]

AND THROWING THEIR EQUIPMENT INTO THE OHIO RIVER XoDDD

one of the best live shows ive seen. fire breathers on stage, utter destruction of anything that moved, fans avoiding getting hit by flying guitars...man, good show

of course theres always badluck 13...^^

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Evanescence and Avril Lavigne, both are horrible bands. Evanescence especially should die because they won Best New Group when Audioslave should've won easily.[/quote]

Audioslave

:notworth:

[quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot
well... almost every new band in the past 5 years and EVERY 'rock' band to be played on MTV in the past 2 years.[/quote]

:shock: Wow, you just eliminated a ton of bands there.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot
well... almost every new band in the past 5 years and EVERY 'rock' band to be played on MTV in the past 2 years.[/quote]

:shock: Wow, you just eliminated a ton of bands there.[/quote]

It's not my fault they suck. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

IQ has nothing to do with musical preference. Rap has inspired many a rock star.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

IQ has nothing to do with musical preference. Rap has inspired many a rock star.[/quote]

My experiences in HS would beg to differ...

Linkin Park
Avril Lagviene (Even though she's just another puke-pop artist she's claims to be rock)
Good Charolette
All Pop-punk poser bands
Ashley Simpson

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

IQ has nothing to do with musical preference. Rap has inspired many a rock star.[/quote]

My experiences in HS would beg to differ...[/quote]

I agree, most new rap these days is stupid, but you can't judge rap till you've listened to the old school rap. I thought the same as you till I started getting into Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, NWA, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, etc.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='shadow9689']Rock?
Hmmmmmm....
Dillinger Escape Plan comes to mind. It's not rock, it's a bunch of guys screaming and blaring on the guitars.[/quote]

one of the best live shows ive seen. fire breathers on stage, utter destruction of anything that moved, fans avoiding getting hit by flying guitars...man, good show
[/quote]

Was Dillinger ever good?
How old is this band :eek:

Miss Machine is just a terrible album. I can't listen to it. No lyrics, just really loud screaming and hard guitar. Not even good guitar. Just really really loud.
Jimi Hendrix has loud guitars, but you can hear them.
I don't like listening to static.

EDIT: And Rap isn't horrible.
...Wait, I'm thinking of R&B,
Carry on. :eek:

But, there actually might be one or two good rappers now. Uhhh...Jay-Z? Xzibit's album isn't that horrible.

besides all the obvious bands that are horrible (like many of the bands mentioned in this thread), i absolutely hate bright eyes. a lot.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

I urge you to broaden your horizons and not limit yourself to experiences in HS.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

I agree, most new rap these days is stupid, but you can't judge rap till you've listened to the old school rap. I thought the same as you till I started getting into Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, NWA, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, etc.[/quote]

I think I mostly despise rap because of the fans. That, and the intentional misspelling of words and the desire to make random words up to be cool.
Fo shizzle mah nizzle? Every time I hear someone talk like that I just want to take a dictionary and smack them upside the skull with it. Also... the way mindless teenagers emulate everything. It was getting to the point where if I heard one more person say "don' be scur'd" I would kill them. I just don't see how people can repeat some of these lyrics and still feel like an inteligent human being.

[quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...[/quote]

That's just dumb.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='shadow9689']Rock?
Hmmmmmm....

one of the best live shows ive seen. fire breathers on stage, utter destruction of anything that moved, fans avoiding getting hit by flying guitars...man, good show[/quote]
i was at that show. it was fun.

Pop-punk isn't my favorite music genre for sure, but Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, Yellowcard, etc., etc., etc., ETC., need to wiped off the face of the earth.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

I urge you to broaden your horizons and not limit yourself to experiences in HS.[/quote]

I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Not that I have anything against you, but going by the people I have actually met, rap is for retards that hate enounciating and wearing clothes that fit.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

I agree, most new rap these days is stupid, but you can't judge rap till you've listened to the old school rap. I thought the same as you till I started getting into Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, NWA, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, etc.[/quote]

Totally agree, rap now is what I call "club rap" a bunch of idiots just talking about how rich they are, how much bling they got, and all the pussy they get. People buy right into it making them richer, and richer. Rap back in the day though had a message, and it was passionate. Guys like Dre, Cube, old Snoop (he's a huge sell-out now IMO), the Beastie Boys, ect. all made music that they really cared about. It was just dumbed down radio friendly rap for "reble" teens. If was music made by people that were tired of the way things were, and they wanted to make an impact throguh thei music.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...[/quote]

That's just dumb.[/quote]

Seconded, I'm not the biggest fan of rap but I enjoy some of it. Saying a whole genre of music is terrible is just stupid, unless of course it's country. :wink:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...[/quote]

That's just dumb.[/quote]

Seconded, I'm not the biggest fan of rap but I enjoy some of it. Saying a whole genre of music is terrible is just stupid, unless of course it's country. :wink:[/quote]

I'm not overly fond of country... but I have far more tollerance for it than todays rap.

nothin against linkin park or audioslave but all their songs sound the same

every song linkin park has ever put out is about wounds not healing

can't they shaq fu'ing find something else to sing about?

Audioslave is too slow, too boring..the first song i heard from them was cool..

I don't particularly care for U2 either, but beautiful day was a nice song

Blink182 is a cool band, but too bad they're done..

Uno! Dos! Trieze! Quatorze!

Seriously, I'm just pissed off at U2 for vertigo: every other band for best new rock song deserved the award more than they did.

I would say Avril Lavigne, but i hate pop and i refuse to believe that she is rock

I'd like to see all pop-punk gone, but as that's been said before...

TSOL sux

(and i'd like the time I lost seeing Big Drill Car and the SuperSuckers open for good bands returned)

[quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Not that I have anything against you, but going by the people I have actually met, rap is for retards that hate enounciating and wearing clothes that fit.[/quote]

That is the most narrow-minded thing I've ever read here. You should get out more.

It's funny, I think Linkin Park is one of the only good and original new bands to come around since the late 90s. It seems like it's the cool thing to do to hate on them (OMG they're like the backstreet boys), but anything i've heard beyond "they suck" is usually unfounded. They write their own music, and there aren't any "filler" tracks. That's admirable enough in my eyes, especially with the industry as it is today.

I think it would be alot easier to ask "what musicians would you like to keep around", as it's a much shorter list than "who would you like eliminated".

[quote name='priest_ridden']I'd like to see all pop-punk gone, but as that's been said before...

TSOL sux

(and i'd like the time lossed seeing Big Drill Car and the SuperSuckers open for good bands returned)[/quote]

I almost thought you said TOOL sucks... :evil:

[quote name='Kayden']
I'm not overly fond of country... but I have far more tollerance for it than todays rap.[/quote]

Once again you've said something insanely stupid and again you are getting flammed for it. :roll:

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Not that I have anything against you, but going by the people I have actually met, rap is for retards that hate enounciating and wearing clothes that fit.[/quote]

That is the most narrow-minded thing I've ever read here. You should get out more.[/quote]

This is coming from 4 years of HS, 3 years of college, 1 year of collegiate housing and various outting with random people.

IN MY EXPERIENCES.... people that like rap aren't that smart. I am not saying that everyone that likes rap is stupid, and if I did, what I meant is that everyone I have met that liked rap, wasn't overly bright.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

Totally agree, rap now is what I call "club rap" a bunch of idiots just talking about how rich they are, how much bling they got, and all the pussy they get. People buy right into it making them richer, and richer. Rap back in the day though had a message, and it was passionate. Guys like Dre, Cube, old Snoop (he's a huge sell-out now IMO), the Beastie Boys, ect. all made music that they really cared about. It was just dumbed down radio friendly rap for "reble" teens. If was music made by people that were tired of the way things were, and they wanted to make an impact throguh thei music.[/quote]

Am I the only one that read this post? This is what I'm talking about. I'm really getting sick of seeing suburban white kids in Escalades with spinners talking about how "phat deyz beez" They couldn't even drive through the ghetto, let alone grow up in one.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

That is the most narrow-minded thing I've ever read here. You should get out more.[/quote]

This is coming from 4 years of HS, 3 years of college, 1 year of collegiate housing and various outting with random people.

IN MY EXPERIENCES.... people that like rap aren't that smart. I am not saying that everyone that likes rap is stupid, and if I did, what I meant is that everyone I have met that liked rap, wasn't overly bright.[/quote]

Maybe you are hitting a little too close to home for these rap fans and that's why they are getting so upset...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

IN MY EXPERIENCES.... people that like rap aren't that smart. I am not saying that everyone that likes rap is stupid, and if I did, what I meant is that everyone I have met that liked rap, wasn't overly bright.[/quote]

Maybe you are hitting a little too close to home for these rap fans and that's why they are getting so upset...[/quote]

:rofl: Pwn3d by the amish.... :rofl:

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

I love hip-hop. I am rather intelligent. You have met me (online, at least). Now, could you please give up your stereotypes?

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

Linkin Park
good charlot

I urge you to broaden your horizons and not limit yourself to experiences in HS.[/quote]

I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Check out some Public Enemy... this may change your point of view. They are a bit heavy on the political side... so heads up.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']
A lot of music sucks.[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote name='kayden']
I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...
[/quote]

Don't be so narrow minded.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

I love hip-hop. I am rather intelligent. You have met me (online, at least). Now, could you please give up your stereotypes?[/quote]

Met. In person. Face to face. "Real life." Also, its only a stereotype if I'm making the assumption that all people act like a certain one when I have only met one. However, I am saying that the people I meet all convey the same attitude/habits/etc. Its not a stereotype if its true.

[quote name='evilmax17']It's funny, I think Linkin Park is one of the only good and original new bands to come around since the late 90s. .[/quote]

*cough* *cough*
you must have an interesting definition of original

bread's done
Back