If you could eliminate one band from your favorite music genre, who would it be?

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Chris in Cali']Totally agree, rap now is what I call "club rap" a bunch of idiots just talking about how rich they are, how much bling they got, and all the pussy they get. People buy right into it making them richer, and richer. Rap back in the day though had a message, and it was passionate. Guys like Dre, Cube, old Snoop (he's a huge sell-out now IMO), the Beastie Boys, ect. all made music that they really cared about. It was just dumbed down radio friendly rap for "reble" teens. If was music made by people that were tired of the way things were, and they wanted to make an impact throguh thei music.[/quote]

Am I the only one that read this post? This is what I'm talking about. I'm really getting sick of seeing suburban white kids in Escalades with spinners talking about how "phat deyz beez" They couldn't even drive through the ghetto, let alone grow up in one.[/quote]

While this is true, you can easily stereotype most of the music that's around today. How many gothic middleschool girls do I need to see listening to Simple Plan in a single day? What about the blowhards that go around saying "TOOL IS THE BEST BAND EVER. I'LL SHOVE YOU WITH MY FAT MEATHOOK ARMS IF YOU DON'T THINK SO!" Don't even get me started on DMB.

Music today sucks. It's all crap that's derived from crap that's derived from crap. The RIAA wonders why their sales are in the toilet, and it's not because of illegal downloads.

I don't even listen to the radio anymore, because there just isn't anything good worth listening to, at all.

For the record, Tool is overrated. For real.

[quote name='priest_ridden'][quote name='evilmax17']It's funny, I think Linkin Park is one of the only good and original new bands to come around since the late 90s. .[/quote]

*cough* *cough*
you must have an interesting definition of original[/quote]

Agreed... there have been plenty of new and original bands... an example would be HIM.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Not that I have anything against you, but going by the people I have actually met, rap is for retards that hate enounciating and wearing clothes that fit.[/quote]

That is the most narrow-minded thing I've ever read here. You should get out more.[/quote]

This is coming from 4 years of HS, 3 years of college, 1 year of collegiate housing and various outting with random people.

IN MY EXPERIENCES.... people that like rap aren't that smart. I am not saying that everyone that likes rap is stupid, and if I did, what I meant is that everyone I have met that liked rap, wasn't overly bright.[/quote]

Whoa, now you're pushing it buddy.

BTW, I don't know you, and hopefully I'll never be unfortunate enough as to actually meet you, but I guarantee you I'm significantly more intelligent than you'll ever be.

I really don't want to start a huge debate here, but ....nevermind I won't.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...

As for 'rock' that needs to go...
Blink 182... oh wait... they are gone :twisted:
Linkin Park
everthing limp bizkit has done since their first album
good charlot
well... almost every new band in the past 5 years and EVERY 'rock' band to be played on MTV in the past 2 years.[/quote]

IQ has nothing to do with musical preference. Rap has inspired many a rock star.[/quote]

My experiences in HS would beg to differ...[/quote]

I urge you to broaden your horizons and not limit yourself to experiences in HS.[/quote]

I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Not that I have anything against you, but going by the people I have actually met, rap is for retards that hate enounciating and wearing clothes that fit.[/quote]

Check out some Public Enemy... this may change your point of view. They are a bit heavy on the political side... so heads up.[/quote]

Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

But... Chingy? $.50? Lil Bow-wow? Please... Could you get any more stereo-typical?

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='priest_ridden']I'd like to see all pop-punk gone, but as that's been said before...

TSOL sux

(and i'd like the time lossed seeing Big Drill Car and the SuperSuckers open for good bands returned)[/quote]

I almost thought you said TOOL sucks... :evil:[/quote]

Glad you didn't read that wrong. It would be a shame as TOOL is one of the better bands.

TSOL sux

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

That is the most narrow-minded thing I've ever read here. You should get out more.[/quote]

This is coming from 4 years of HS, 3 years of college, 1 year of collegiate housing and various outting with random people.

IN MY EXPERIENCES.... people that like rap aren't that smart. I am not saying that everyone that likes rap is stupid, and if I did, what I meant is that everyone I have met that liked rap, wasn't overly bright.[/quote]

I love hip-hop. I am rather intelligent. You have met me (online, at least). Now, could you please give up your stereotypes?[/quote]

Met. In person. Face to face. "Real life." Also, its only a stereotype if I'm making the assumption that all people act like a certain one when I have only met one. However, I am saying that the people I meet all convey the same attitude/habits/etc. Its not a stereotype if its true.[/quote]

That's just the thing, it's not true. You are just stereotyping based on what you have experienced. Trust me, not all hip-hop is idiotic, and not all hip-hop fans are morons. Are there artists/fans who fall into the idiot category? Definitely. But don't mistakenly think that they represent everyone.

[quote name='evilmax17']For the record, Tool is overrated. For real.[/quote]
Give A Perfect Circle a try... you may find it more to your liking. (This is true for me at least... APC>Tool IMHO)

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Evanescence and Avril Lavigne, both are horrible bands. Evanescence especially should die because they won Best New Group when Audioslave should've won easily.[/quote]

Audioslave

:notworth:[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='evilmax17']For the record, Tool is overrated. For real.[/quote]
Give A Perfect Circle a try... you may find it more to your liking. (This is true for me at least... APC>Tool IMHO)[/quote]

Yeah, they're pretty good. The only thing with APC (as well as 95% other bands) is that IMHO only a handful of tracks on each album are good. And they're really pretty good. But the rest just seems like filler, and I find myself skipping them.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='priest_ridden']I'd like to see all pop-punk gone, but as that's been said before...

TSOL sux

(and i'd like the time lossed seeing Big Drill Car and the SuperSuckers open for good bands returned)[/quote]

I almost thought you said TOOL sucks... :evil:[/quote]

Tool does suck....like for real.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']A lot more goes into hip-hop and rap than you think.

Never disregard a genre, there's legitimacy everywhere in music.[/quote]

I was going to correct you and say "everywhere but country", but then I remembered that it really can't be classified as "music".

[quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

But... Chingy? $.50? Lil Bow-wow? Please... Could you get any more stereo-typical?[/quote]

That's the problem right there. If the only exposure to hip-hop that you have is mainstream hip-hop, you are going to get a very negative impression of the genre. Hip-hop is so much more than supposed "artists" such as the aforementioned Chingy & 50 Cent. You really need to listen to some Public Enemy, KRS-One, Blackalicious, Killah Priest, etc. before you decide to completely write off hip-hop.

it was that band...umm that said " my life is a big dark room" cus all the rich goth kids adopted that as theyr new slogan on life...and well....it annoys me :(

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

Whoa, now you're pushing it buddy.

BTW, I don't know you, and hopefully I'll never be unfortunate enough as to actually meet you, but I guarantee you I'm significantly more intelligent than you'll ever be.

I really don't want to start a huge debate here, but ....nevermind I won't.[/quote]

Uh... my dad can beat up your dad? You think my 'ignorant' distaste for rap is any indication of my intelligence? I have stated multiple times that I didn't say every person that liked rap was an idiot, but for the record, I think most people today lack a good portion of common sense. I could rattle off any number of honors and awards in a vain attempt to look more smarterest than you, but why would I want to justify myself to you? You made the claim that you are 'significantly more intelligent' than I am just because my life experiences have left me with a very intollerant disposition toward rap. If thats going to be the delimiting factor to when you show of your undoubtedly supreme intelligence... I'd suggest you rethink you're priorities. Because really, if you're so smart, why would you want to waste your time with someone who's obviously such an uneducated and inferior bigot thats basing his opinions off his first hand interactions with many people.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I have, I've just noticed that for the most part, the only people that really enjoy rap are either in HS, freshly out of HS, or should be sent back to HS.

I love hip-hop. I am rather intelligent. You have met me (online, at least). Now, could you please give up your stereotypes?[/quote]

Met. In person. Face to face. "Real life." Also, its only a stereotype if I'm making the assumption that all people act like a certain one when I have only met one. However, I am saying that the people I meet all convey the same attitude/habits/etc. Its not a stereotype if its true.[/quote]

That's just the thing, it's not true. You are just stereotyping based on what you have experienced. Trust me, not all hip-hop is idiotic, and not all hip-hop fans are morons. Are there artists/fans who fall into the idiot category? Definitely. But don't mistakenly think that they represent everyone.[/quote]

My opinion of the people I have met is my truth. Maybe you were fortunate to come across some resemblance of intelligent life... but here in central Minnesota... it's a touch on the desolate side.

[quote name='Kayden'] I could rattle off any number of honors and awards in a vain attempt to look more smarterest than you, but why would I want to justify myself to you? [/quote]

Um... Kayden... :error:

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

But... Chingy? $.50? Lil Bow-wow? Please... Could you get any more stereo-typical?[/quote]

That's the problem right there. If the only exposure to hip-hop that you have is mainstream hip-hop, you are going to get a very negative impression of the genre. Hip-hop is so much more than supposed "artists" such as the aforementioned Chingy & 50 Cent. You really need to listen to some Public Enemy, KRS-One, Blackalicious, Killah Priest, etc. before you decide to completely write off hip-hop.[/quote]

Have any of the 'good' guys put out an album in 5-10 years? If not, then I'd consider them out of the genre. Linking 90s rap and todays rap is like saying Super Mario Bros and RE4 are the cutting edge of technology. One is, and one used to be, but they have very little to do with each other in their own rights.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Kayden'] I could rattle off any number of honors and awards in a vain attempt to look more smarterest than you, but why would I want to justify myself to you? [/quote]

Um... Kayden... :error:[/quote]

That was an attempt to point out how people that want to start 'my brain is bigger than your brain' fights often aren't as smart as they want to make everyone believe.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

That's the problem right there. If the only exposure to hip-hop that you have is mainstream hip-hop, you are going to get a very negative impression of the genre. Hip-hop is so much more than supposed "artists" such as the aforementioned Chingy & 50 Cent. You really need to listen to some Public Enemy, KRS-One, Blackalicious, Killah Priest, etc. before you decide to completely write off hip-hop.[/quote]

Have any of the 'good' guys put out an album in 5-10 years? If not, then I'd consider them out of the genre. Linking 90s rap and todays rap is like saying Super Mario Bros and RE4 are the cutting edge of technology. One is, and one used to be, but they have very little to do with each other in their own rights.[/quote]

Dr. Dre produces many new rap artist... I would argue that Dre knows talent.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Chris in Cali']Totally agree, rap now is what I call "club rap" a bunch of idiots just talking about how rich they are, how much bling they got, and all the pussy they get. People buy right into it making them richer, and richer. Rap back in the day though had a message, and it was passionate. Guys like Dre, Cube, old Snoop (he's a huge sell-out now IMO), the Beastie Boys, ect. all made music that they really cared about. It was just dumbed down radio friendly rap for "reble" teens. If was music made by people that were tired of the way things were, and they wanted to make an impact throguh thei music.[/quote]

Am I the only one that read this post? This is what I'm talking about. I'm really getting sick of seeing suburban white kids in Escalades with spinners talking about how "phat deyz beez" They couldn't even drive through the ghetto, let alone grow up in one.[/quote]

While this is true, you can easily stereotype most of the music that's around today. How many gothic middleschool girls do I need to see listening to Simple Plan in a single day? What about the blowhards that go around saying "TOOL IS THE BEST BAND EVER. I'LL SHOVE YOU WITH MY FAT MEATHOOK ARMS IF YOU DON'T THINK SO!" Don't even get me started on DMB.

Music today sucks. It's all crap that's derived from crap that's derived from crap. The RIAA wonders why their sales are in the toilet, and it's not because of illegal downloads.

I don't even listen to the radio anymore, because there just isn't anything good worth listening to, at all.

For the record, Tool is overrated. For real.[/quote]

Goth girls are annoying... I like how they consider themselves different because they shop at a store that sells massproduced merchandise to hundreds of nationwide chains... (Hot Topic... I'm looking at you...)

"My life is so traumatic... my parents suck, they like.... uh... make me clean my room and they totally dont get what its like to be me. I totally hate them. Like... if I were dead, they'd so totally regret not buying me a car."

Again, thats not what goth started out as, but as has everything. Its become a sorry-ass assemblance of whining and self-gratification.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

Have any of the 'good' guys put out an album in 5-10 years? If not, then I'd consider them out of the genre. Linking 90s rap and todays rap is like saying Super Mario Bros and RE4 are the cutting edge of technology. One is, and one used to be, but they have very little to do with each other in their own rights.[/quote]

PE put out Revolverlution in 02, KRS-One has released about a half dozen albums in the last 5 years, Blackalicious' two albums are from 00 & 02, and Killah Priest released the excellent Black August in 03.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

PE put out Revolverlution in 02, KRS-One has released about a half dozen albums in the last 5 years, Blackalicious' two albums are from 00 & 02, and Killah Priest released the excellent Black August in 03.[/quote]

Hed P.E. They have to be the best fusion of rock and rap ever.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden']Some older rap I'm ok with. Beasty Boys, Busta Rhymes, I even used to listen to Coolio when I was little. Outcast is pretty decent for the most part.

PE put out Revolverlution in 02, KRS-One has released about a half dozen albums in the last 5 years, Blackalicious' two albums are from 00 & 02, and Killah Priest released the excellent Black August in 03.[/quote]

Hed P.E. They have to be the best fusion of rock and rap ever.[/quote]

Anthrax and PE

dashboad confessional... chris carraba was pretty good in FSF, now he's just a whiney bitch and for some reason the labels loved it. it's complete crap

[quote name='zionoverfire']Seconded, I'm not the biggest fan of rap but I enjoy some of it. Saying a whole genre of music is terrible is just stupid, unless of course it's country. :wink:[/quote]

Amen, brother. Say whatever you want about the curren state of rap, Public Enemy are enough to justify the genres existence. And the Beastie Boys.

Ok theres a lot of bands i dont like, most pop bands and now Sum-41 trying to make alt-metal and Linkin Park with Rap Metal it all sucks.

[quote name='greydemise']it was that band...umm that said " my life is a big dark room" cus all the rich goth kids adopted that as theyr new slogan on life...and well....it annoys me :([/quote]

AFI, their first couple albums were pretty good until they went dark, now they just suck.

[quote name='bouncingsoul119'][quote name='greydemise']it was that band...umm that said " my life is a big dark room" cus all the rich goth kids adopted that as theyr new slogan on life...and well....it annoys me :([/quote]

AFI, their first couple albums were pretty good until they went dark, now they just suck.[/quote]

I liked Sing the Sorrow, for some unknown reason.

This is a great topic, but there are just so many. Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Creed, Collective Soul, System of a Down to name a few from the "rock" category. Also add just about everyone who I would call "easy listening". I know they really aren't easy listening, but that's my term for them. I am talking about artists like Rod Stewart and Meatloaf. Also alot of the artists called "pop" pretty much are crap. I honestly think "pop" is the category they put you in to mean massproduced flash-in-the-pan artists designed to sell a crapload of records to a bunch of people who will surely regret it later or who will just never realize there are better things out there. IMHO, there are very few exceptions in this particular category of music.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Kayden']I wish we could just eliminate the rap/hip-hop/pop category all together.... along with anyone with a low enough IQ to enjoy it. I hate rap...[/quote]

That's just dumb.[/quote]

Seconded, I'm not the biggest fan of rap but I enjoy some of it. Saying a whole genre of music is terrible is just stupid, unless of course it's country. :wink:[/quote]

I'm not overly fond of country... but I have far more tollerance for it than todays rap.[/quote]

You make it seem like today's rap isn't just as bad as today's rock. There is a bunch of artists out there that are terrible, you got to look past the mainstream to find some of the better stuff. Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.

[quote name='zewone']Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.[/quote]

No way. I enjoy hip-hop but rock is just on a whole other level, especially considering the history. I have 40+ years of rock to enjoy (yes I know it's been around longer than that, but I don't listen to anything that old). On the other hand, I only have about 20 years worth of hip-hop to look back on with not nearly as many quality artists.

[quote name='shadow9689']
Was Dillinger ever good?
How old is this band :eek:

Miss Machine is just a terrible album. I can't listen to it. No lyrics, just really loud screaming and hard guitar. Not even good guitar. Just really really loud.
Jimi Hendrix has loud guitars, but you can hear them.
I don't like listening to static.
[/quote]

Dillinger has been around since 1997 and they put out three great discs... self-titled, the running board and calculating infinity.

Calculating Infinity is one of the definitive hard rock albums of the last 10 years.

Their new singer, who joined to record Miss Machine, sounds like a moron and their music has gotten extremely stale... It's a shame.

I would banish... Ja Rule because he's a Tupac wannabe, his music always sounds the same, and his record label got arrested for drug trafficing. Moron.

[quote name='Kayden'] Have any of the 'good' guys put out an album in 5-10 years? If not, then I'd consider them out of the genre. Linking 90s rap and todays rap is like saying Super Mario Bros and RE4 are the cutting edge of technology. One is, and one used to be, but they have very little to do with each other in their own rights.[/quote]

Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and The Roots have all had albums come out in the past year.

Ja Rule, Good Charlotte, Fred Durst, Celine Dion, 50 cent, Creed (broke-up but their albums should burned worldwide) Magoo (from Timbaland and...), Billy ray cyrus, vanilla Ice, Garth Brooks, and finally Benzino.

[quote name='chickenhawk']This is a great topic, but there are just so many. Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Creed, Collective Soul, System of a Down to name a few from the "rock" category. Also add just about everyone who I would call "easy listening". I know they really aren't easy listening, but that's my term for them. I am talking about artists like Rod Stewart and Meatloaf. Also alot of the artists called "pop" pretty much are crap. I honestly think "pop" is the category they put you in to mean massproduced flash-in-the-pan artists designed to sell a crapload of records to a bunch of people who will surely regret it later or who will just never realize there are better things out there. IMHO, there are very few exceptions in this particular category of music.[/quote]

Collective Soul is awesome.

But I'm here to defend U2...seriously...of the bands mentioned, this one was singled out early and no one came to their aid. They have more talent than most of the bands listed.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='Kayden'] Have any of the 'good' guys put out an album in 5-10 years? If not, then I'd consider them out of the genre. Linking 90s rap and todays rap is like saying Super Mario Bros and RE4 are the cutting edge of technology. One is, and one used to be, but they have very little to do with each other in their own rights.[/quote]

Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and The Roots have all had albums come out in the past year.[/quote]

As well as Brand Nubian, De La Soul, MF Doom (aka Zev Love X), and Handsome Boy Modeling School (aka Automator and Prince Paul).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.[/quote]

No way. I enjoy hip-hop but rock is just on a whole other level, especially considering the history. I have 40+ years of rock to enjoy (yes I know it's been around longer than that, but I don't listen to anything that old). On the other hand, I only have about 20 years worth of hip-hop to look back on with not nearly as many quality artists.[/quote]

Its just my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of rock that has come out in say the past 10 years. I can probably only name about 10 worth listening to. I enjoy most older stuff from rock when it was fresh. Now everybody is trying to sound like somebody or if not that than they just plain suck. Either way, no two people are gonna have the same perspective and tastes of music. I don't even really have a problem with rock its just when people start talking shit about something I love, (hip-hop/rap music), I get defensive and say some shit like my quote just to try and piss them off as well.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.[/quote]

No way. I enjoy hip-hop but rock is just on a whole other level, especially considering the history. I have 40+ years of rock to enjoy (yes I know it's been around longer than that, but I don't listen to anything that old). On the other hand, I only have about 20 years worth of hip-hop to look back on with not nearly as many quality artists.[/quote]

yaeh I agree. I like and enjoy hip-hop but I have far more great bands than hip-hop musicians that I like. Also, a lot of the hip hop musicians now a days just sing about gettin' crunk, bitches, and hoes, but like you said zewone, you have to sometimes dig deep to find those gems.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='chickenhawk']This is a great topic, but there are just so many. Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Creed, Collective Soul, System of a Down to name a few from the "rock" category. Also add just about everyone who I would call "easy listening". I know they really aren't easy listening, but that's my term for them. I am talking about artists like Rod Stewart and Meatloaf. Also alot of the artists called "pop" pretty much are crap. I honestly think "pop" is the category they put you in to mean massproduced flash-in-the-pan artists designed to sell a crapload of records to a bunch of people who will surely regret it later or who will just never realize there are better things out there. IMHO, there are very few exceptions in this particular category of music.[/quote]

Collective Soul is awesome.

But I'm here to defend U2...seriously...of the bands mentioned, this one was singled out early and no one came to their aid. They have more talent than most of the bands listed.[/quote]

System of a down isn't too bad and I kind of like Collective Soul. Linkin Park is alright, just alright, nothing more and nothing less. Papa Roach is real hit or miss for me.

And to all those that said Creed deserve to die, thumbs up.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Ja Rule, Good Charlotte, Fred Durst, Celine Dion, 50 cent, Creed (broke-up but their albums should burned worldwide) Magoo (from Timbaland and...), Billy ray cyrus, vanilla Ice, Garth Brooks, and finally Benzino.[/quote]

Wow, you almost have like every band/musician that I would say. Ja Rule, his older stuff alright but he mostly sucks so he can go. Good Charlotte should be wiped off the face of the earth. Fred Durst, eh he's so-so to alright in music but he is very annoying as a person.

I don't know why but I actually kind of like 50 Cent. He doesn't bug me, nor do I feel that he should go. Some good beats and he rhymes pretty well, just nothing spectacular.

Celione Dion, send her in a rocket ship to the sun. Agreed on Creed and Scott Stap.

Magoo is alright so he can stay.

Billy Ray Cyrus should be abolished from the music industry. Same can go for vanilla Ice.

Garth Brooks to me is the man. He's one of the few country singers that I can actually listen to and like.

No clue on who this Benzino is, ubt since you have mostly the same taste as me then he can probably go to.

[quote name='Wombat5277']I go with, "all bands whose debut album came out after 1975" for 1000 Alex.[/quote]

Wow you are missing out on a lot of great stuff.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Wombat5277']I go with, "all bands whose debut album came out after 1975" for 1000 Alex.[/quote]

Wow you are missing out on a lot of great stuff.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.[/quote]

Its just my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of rock that has come out in say the past 10 years. I can probably only name about 10 worth listening to. I enjoy most older stuff from rock when it was fresh. Now everybody is trying to sound like somebody or if not that than they just plain suck. Either way, no two people are gonna have the same perspective and tastes of music. I don't even really have a problem with rock its just when people start talking shit about something I love, (hip-hop/rap music), I get defensive and say some shit like my quote just to try and piss them off as well.[/quote]

I'm with Sblymnl, I enjoy rock much more, though I only have 2 albums for rap compared to 50+ for rock music. I do agree that I also hate when people talk shit about something I love and when they think they're the ultimate source for what's good in music. Everyone's tastes are different just like with games, but it seems to be different for music here. I also tend to get defensive, hence what I had in my sig a few days ago.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='zewone']Anyways, coming from a music fan, hip-hop is much better genre of music than rock.[/quote]

Its just my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of rock that has come out in say the past 10 years. I can probably only name about 10 worth listening to. I enjoy most older stuff from rock when it was fresh. Now everybody is trying to sound like somebody or if not that than they just plain suck. Either way, no two people are gonna have the same perspective and tastes of music. I don't even really have a problem with rock its just when people start talking shit about something I love, (hip-hop/rap music), I get defensive and say some shit like my quote just to try and piss them off as well.[/quote]

I'm with Sblymnl, I enjoy rock much more, though I only have 2 albums for rap compared to 50+ for rock music. I do agree that I also hate when people talk shit about something I love and when they think they're the ultimate source for what's good in music. Everyone's tastes are different just like with games, but it seems to be different for music here. I also tend to get defensive, hence what I had in my sig a few days ago.[/quote]

The difference is, I'm not throwing it in peoples faces with every single post I make, like your sig was. I also don't try to push my tastes on other people, just give my opinion, unlike how you said I was crazy because I didn't think Blink 182 is a great band. I know you weren't talking directly to me, but in general, according to you I was crazy.

bread's done
Back