If you could have a $140 Gift Card to any store, which would it be?

chunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok. It's time to cash in my credit card reward points. I can choose from a $140 gift certificate to one of the following stores:
Macy's
JcPenny
Sears
Target
Toys'r'Us
Bestbuy
Circuit City
CompUSA
Kmart
Blockbuster

So which one should I get the gift card to? Too bad Walmart isn't a choice, since it would be great to get my change in cash. Do any of these other stores give change in cash when you pay with a gift card?

Why don't you shop around for something you want to spend $140 on, and then cash it in for the store you find it at?

[quote name='dafoomie']Why don't you shop around for something you want to spend $140 on, and then cash it in for the store you find it at?[/QUOTE]
That's the best way of choosing. I second that option.

That said...Target is the best for general merchandise, and Toys R Us and Circuit City are good choices if you're planning on using it for games.

get a Best Buy gift card and sell it on ebay

Just curious, how long did it take you to earn the $140 reward points?

I just have a debit card and it earns 1/4 a percent of every dollar i spend with it. I try to pay most everything with it and it's adding up very slowly. lol the most i get each month is like $1.37 when i pay rent.

I guess Best Buy just because I don't go to any of the other stores, but Circuit City has games on sale/clearance more than Best Buy does.

Target unless your a Nintendo fan and have a Game Rush near by then I say Blockbuster while the 30% off sale lasts.

[quote name='schultzed']Target . . . wide range of stuff . . . good prices and 90 days to return if you find it sealed for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

But I have to keep it sealed if I wanted to return it right?

[quote name='dafoomie']Why don't you shop around for something you want to spend $140 on, and then cash it in for the store you find it at?[/QUOTE]

Because I prefer to shop deals and if I wait until I see a particular deal I want to get in on then it will probably be over by the time I get the gift card.

[quote name='$hady']get a Best Buy gift card and sell it on ebay[/quote]

How much do you think I could get? I can also get a gift card to exxon, so I think I might do that and sell it to my brother.

[quote name='$hady']Just curious, how long did it take you to earn the $140 reward points?

I just have a debit card and it earns 1/4 a percent of every dollar i spend with it. I try to pay most everything with it and it's adding up very slowly. lol the most i get each month is like $1.37 when i pay rent.[/QUOTE]

Well this particular credit card started me off with $100 of reward points. Then it took me 1 or 2 years to get the other $40.

The best way to rack em up is whenever you are out with friends (like to a restaurant or something) ask them if they will give you their cash and you can pay the bill with your credit card.

[quote name='Kayden']Best buy.

GGC @ 20x7=140
7x25= 175
Now you have 175 to spend at BB[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I would do except it looks like maybe Bestbuy's in the tristate area aren't carrying the GGC anymore:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57515

[quote name='CoryCubed']Target unless your a Nintendo fan and have a Game Rush near by then I say Blockbuster while the 30% off sale lasts.[/QUOTE]

I am a Nintendo fan, but I don't think there are any Game Rushes near by.

What kind of card do you use? When I start working next month, I plan to get all new credit cards, and I want to find whatever I can that has rewards, cash back, etc.

I think you should wait to see what stores have the best sales for what you're looking for..

Target does not give you cash back from a gift card purchase.. if there's any cash left over on the gift card, they'll just give it back to you with what's left on it.

Circuit City.. You can buy things online with the gift card and its easier to price match.
Exxon is a close 2nd any saver on gas is a plus.

[quote name='alongx']What kind of card do you use? When I start working next month, I plan to get all new credit cards, and I want to find whatever I can that has rewards, cash back, etc.[/QUOTE]

Well the one I am discussing here is from citibank, but one of the reasons I am cashing out my rewards is because I am going to start using a better card from RBS.

The one from RBS offers 3% cash back on all items in the category of product you spend the most each month and 1% cash back on everything else.

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']you always need gas any way[/QUOTE]

If you have a car...which I don't.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I think you should wait to see what stores have the best sales for what you're looking for..[/QUOTE]

The problem is that I probably won't get the card until 2 or 3 weeks after I order it. So any sales would probably expire.

Totally depends. If you are an electronics kind of person, go to Circuit City or best buy (which everone is closer). Go to Target for everything, go to blockbuster if you like movies.

I would go with BestBuy/Circuit City since you can get music, movies, games, TVs, MP3's, etc. and could use it for next generation systems/games,

I would get a Circuit city. Because you could get all of the new movies, and music for at least a month Or games if you into gaming :).

My 2nd choice would be K-mart, just cause I don't shop at target.

Do you use tools or need tools. Actually if you are not worried about getting games super cheap you could go with sears. You could get shoes (good ones unlike everyone else) clothes games and tools etc. Stuff you could use in your home that would last. Unlike the plastic crap target and K-mart sell.

99 cents store :rofl: Wait they don't have gift cards.......hmm I'd say Best Buy, more stuff, cheap prices on anime too.

circuit city is having the clearance right now. That would be great to spend $140 on. I didn't see too much that I wanted , but there might be more games on the list in the future.

I would pick Best Buy. Lotta people around here hate them because god forbid they actually wanted to make money and not have people scam them, the sad part being if any of the people here that hated best buy had their own store you sure as hell bet they would do the same thing, but that's a whole other story.

Not to say I dont like a great deal, but I dont join the hate best buy bandwagon just because they dont let me walk out with a game for free after coupon or something.

I say BB because they consistantly seem to have the best prices, best special deals like the GGC and the 30% off open box (I made out with that) and many other great deals. Personally I hate circuit city, they always seem to be over priced and when they do have a deal, like say maybe a new release dvd priced cheaper than BB, they are always out of it, they never get enough copies in. If you are not there tuesday by afternoon for that days release, they gone.

toys r us cause you can get alot of great deals right now with the clearance items andwhat not, and with that much money your sure to make out like a bandit!!!

Target... because of the variety of things to choose from

as for returning things to Target found cheaper... buy the item from Target... open and enjoy it.... but say another store has it cheaper... buy it from there... return THAT iten back to Target and get the higher price back... Target has a lower price guarantee also ... but only on their advertised prices for 2 weeks I believe

I'd go with Target. I spend money there all the time on general stuff (detergent, cereal, whatever) I'd eventually use the money on a Best Buy or Circuit City card, but it would probably take longer.

Some of the other stores I shop at very infrequently or not at all (K-Mart, JCPenney for example - I probably spend money there no more than a few times a year, if that.)

Now if you are young (or for whatever other reason) and don't have to buy stuff for a house/apartment/whatever I'd probably go with Best Buy or Circuit City. Most of the stuff I get at Target falls under the 'boring' category.

bread's done
Back