If you could have any video game system and its entire library...

Wyatt

CAGiversary!
If you could have one video game system and its entire library of games ever released in any region, what would it be? Don't take the systems/games you have now into account, assume that you're going to a new place where you can't take your current systems and games. The system could be as old or as new as you'd like, but the PC doesn't count.

For me, it would be a really close call between the SNES and the PS2, but I'd probably pick the SNES. The RPGs would last me forever and I could probably play Super Metroid again and again.

Well I've got pretty much every game I really want to have, so based on the numbers, Playstation 2 without a doubt.

I'm no fun.

I think I would pick the Wii or the Ds, I mean with the virtual console, I will get the best of the best from the snes and the ds has some of the same and remakes, it's like the best of both worlds, you know, you get the snes and wii or the ds and snes...

Probably the Sega Saturn. It seems like that system has the most games on it that are rare and are generally regarded as very good.

The PS1 would most likely follow, as it too contains many rare games I never got a chance to play.

Beyond that, probably a toss up between the SNES and PSP.

This is taking into account that I already own most games/systems that I really enjoy.

The Xbox 720. I'd be all kinds of prescient-seeming and elitist. "Gears of War 2 is so 2008. Wait until you see the third one..."

Neo Geo AES, without a doubt.

PS2 library is obviously superior, but it's not like those games are hard to find.

I'd rather have a complete AES set.

SNES/Super Famicom without a doubt!!

ALL of my favorite games of all time are on SNES and I've discovered plenty more now that I've started collecting Super Famicom games.

SNES/SFC = best console of all time.

1) Neo Geo AES or a complete MVS collection
2) Sega Saturn
3) Sega Dreamcast
4) Super NES

Any of these would be fine, even though I'm quite happy with the amount of great games I have for each and still continue to get.

PS3 would be my choice if it meant getting every new game when it came out so i would have the whole library throughout the life cycle.

Wii would be a close second if the same occured also.

Of the older systems I would definitely go PS2 (though man I did love the Genesis back in the day).

None. Don't play enough to need that many games around. Don't want that many games cluttering my house (I get rid of pretty much every game after finishing it). And having a whole library is pretty pointless when probably 5% or less of games on any one system are worth playing to me.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I can't believe noone has said "PC" yet.

If that isn't a valid answer for some reason, I would have to go with SNES.[/QUOTE]

haha OP mentions PC is not valid.

anyway, snes for me too!

It depends on what my purpose for owning them is.

For collecting, and for the sake of rarity, probably the Sega Saturn.

For the purpose of playing the games, probably the PS2.

SNES... it's not easy picking the SNES over the PS1 for me but the SNES is home to some of the best RPG/adventure/platforming/racing games ever. The PS1 was more of an RPG haven and that's it, I hardly played any other genres on there.

I'm going to have to say the SNES as well. While NEO GEO games are DEFINITELY more expensive (some carts are nearly $1000!), most of those games are available in compilations and even now on the Virtual Console, so the SNES is definitely where it's at. The best mix of RPGs/Action/Puzzle/Fighting/etc. Granted it's not the largest of collections, but easily would be my favorite system probably. The DS is catching up though :) Just wish there was a way to play those games on the big screen...

SNES, no question. FF II and III, along with Super Mario Kart--those three games alone could keep me busy for a year. And then there's the rest of the library.....

Wii for:

Mass VC games like Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Online MK and SSB
Fun motion controls (I'm sorry they make things magical for me)

But if we're not talking about BC and all that.....

I gotta say Ps2, so many great titles in one from Klonoa 2 to Shadow of the Colossus that are mostly still fresh by today's standards. Though that's kinda hard to say considering Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite game of all time, and the Ps2 has no Mario games to be seen!

About a year ago I completed my SNES US release collection. That's really the only system for which I've ever wanted to have every game. However, if I could have another full set I would probably pick the NES, as there are still a lot of good games for the system that I don't have.

Seeing as I can't pick the PC.

Playstation 2. Has a large library I'm interested in, plus a ton of remakes/ports/compilations of games from earlier systems that were very good. Granted most are probably J-NTSC only, but I am able to play them usually without too much of a hassle. Of course it wouldn't have everything, however that'll happen no matter what system you choose.

If we are talking about the full library Jap games included then the Playstation 2 would be my choice, huge amount of games and a lot of variety.

bread's done
Back