If you could learn anything instantly...

dropbearGSH

CAGiversary!
I'm studying for a calculus II test and the thought crossed my mind that if I could learn anything instantly, matrix style, it would probably be advanced mathematics. If not that, then probably car repair.

Anyone else got any good ones?

Something that offers financial stability.

Learning new things is one of life's pleasures, if done right. But having one's monetary concerns in order makes it easier to focus on new studies.

Since I can already play every musical instrument, speak every foreign language, draw anything, talk to any woman, and make all the money I want.. I'd probably want to learn why people find me so arrogant. :D

In all seriousness, I'd love to learn to play the guitar (real, not plastic). I've tried several times over the years and it never takes.

How to shred on a guitar. I can already play, pretty decently I might add, but the time it takes to learn the patterns, the technique and the speed is not something I want to invest in, as I'd probably only use it every once in a while.

Second choice would be knowing where the g-spot is.

law

i wanna know: engineering stuff, language stuff, music stuff, law stuff

i don't mind studying the other 3, but i really wanna just skip the 3yr of law school

Things that take lots of time and energy to master, such as....

Several forms of martial arts, not the least of which Jeet Kun Do (Bruce Lee's style), because they can be showy and still kick ass.

Quantum Physics/advanced mathematics to understand and appreciate the universe.

Law for knowledge of rights, protection, and justice.

Biology/medics to help people.

Also, auto mechanics because cars are cool, and something in the arts (probably animation).

I have to agree with the people who said they would learn a language. I'd love to learn, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, ASL, Esperanto, Farsi, and many others.

foreign languages and martial arts. ive never been good with them but i envy people who can speak more than one especially asian languages ( korean , japanesem chinese , mandarin ect). lots of money to be made if you can speak one too but i wont lie a big part of that would be for me to be able to watch foreign shows and know what theyre saying.

as far as the martial arts go ive always liked them and to be able to learn them instantly would be sweet again you could make good money with it as well in mma. if you could instantly learn all martial arts youd dominate.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Japanese.[/QUOTE]

Agreed- more import anime/videogames, and I could get a job as a translator.

'Course, I like the 'all foreign languages' option too. ;)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']How many licks that it REALLY takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

[/QUOTE]

You're getting into forbidden territory there. Deal with the Devil level stuff. The price just ain't worth it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']More discipline.[/QUOTE]
Yea, this.

I always see people that work two jobs, go to school and have four hobbies (and never complain). I wish I could be like that...

[quote name='Rocko']American Sign Language, without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice. Why is that? I'm moving onto Advance ASL in the Fall.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, this.

I always see people that work two jobs, go to school and have four hobbies (and never complain). I wish I could be like that...
[/QUOTE]
I work two jobs and go to school, and have at least one hobby, but that's not what I was getting at. :lol:

I just want to be able to sit down and do something, without distraction or breaks. Reading, homework, personal project, game, whatever.
I leave way more stuff half-finished than I'd like, and put off important things like homework off far too long. :|

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Haha, nice. Why is that? I'm moving onto Advance ASL in the Fall.[/QUOTE]
I've been taking ASL for the past two years and find it fascinating, partly because my aunt and uncle are both deaf.

The joy in knowing most things comes from the process of learning it through practice. I think the fun in speaking a language and using a particular fighting style are mastering them on your own merit.

That said, math is a nightmare for me, but I'd like to instantly understand all of it so that I may be able to take advanced physics courses.

Being able to speak fluently and hold a conversation in a different or all languages for that matter.

Pretty much the smartest thing anyone can do with time and effort. You can get some pretty insane jobs that way that pay really well.

[quote name='rabbitt']The joy in knowing most things comes from the process of learning it through practice. I think the fun in speaking a language and using a particular fighting style are mastering them on your own merit.[/quote]I was also thinking that when I chose discipline. :)

[quote name='rabbitt']That said, math is a nightmare for me, but I'd like to instantly understand all of it so that I may be able to take advanced physics courses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Moxio']Physics.[/QUOTE]My boys. :cool:

[quote name='Flyersfan']Being able to speak fluently and hold a conversation in a different or all languages for that matter.

Pretty much the smartest thing anyone can do with time and effort. You can get some pretty insane jobs that way that pay really well.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind that.

[quote name='Rocko']I've been taking ASL for the past two years and find it fascinating, partly because my aunt and uncle are both deaf.[/QUOTE] Yea, I love it. Just wish I had some more people to sign with - my GF also takes the class with me, but for some reason outside of class she never wants to sign... she thinks it is rude. What college are you attending?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I love it. Just wish I had some more people to sign with - my GF also takes the class with me, but for some reason outside of class she never wants to sign... she thinks it is rude. What college are you attending?[/QUOTE]
I'm not - high school. :p

However, when I go to college next year I plan on pursuing ASL further.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I love it. Just wish I had some more people to sign with - my GF also takes the class with me, but for some reason outside of class she never wants to sign... she thinks it is rude. What college are you attending?[/QUOTE]

Really?

My fiance and I have found it incredible useful, especially when we need to say something to each other privately around other people. We do it inconspicuously of course.

[quote name='lordwow']Really?

My fiance and I have found it incredible useful, especially when we need to say something to each other privately around other people. We do it inconspicuously of course.[/QUOTE]
Ah, could you call my GF and let her know this? She'll only do it in private... but, that makes it useless.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm not - high school. :p

However, when I go to college next year I plan on pursuing ASL further.[/QUOTE]
Lucky. I wish they had ASL when I was in Highschool. All I was offered was the opportunity to flunk out of Spanish.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
I'd like to hear your reasoning behind that.[/QUOTE]

I don't really need a reason behind that. If you don't already think that learning another language and being able to speak and understand it fluently is one of the smartest things anyone can do, than I don't think any reasoning I put forth would help you understand that.

bread's done
Back