If You Don't Have LOTRO Yet (Possible Deal?) $29.99 Includes All Expansions

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I would imagine this won't exist anymore after F2P launches so act fast!

The Lord of the Rings Online™: Siege of Mirkwood™ Complete DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
$29.99
The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Complete DIGITAL DOWNLOAD includes:
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Mines Of Moria™ expansion
The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood expansion
30 Days of Free Game Time
War and shadow are spreading over Middle-earth, and the first great battle is about to begin. The Lord of the Rings Online™ sounds the battle cry and calls you to take up arms against the Dark Lord Sauron. Adventure from the Shire, through the dark halls of Moria, into the deadliest of forests- Mirkwood. Join the Epic Story where the fate of Middle-earth hinges on your courage, your skill, and your power. Answer the call of War!

Some of the outstanding, critically-acclaimed features in this edition include:
Experience the world of The Lord of the Rings and Middle-earth through the most stunning graphics

Explore more than 700 authentic landmarks in over 85 million square meters of Middle-earth!

Write your own legend through nonstop action and adventure

Advance to level 65 and achieve unparalleled power with the Legendary Items system

Create a unique hero from 4 races, 9 classes, 10 professions, 7 vocations plus over 1,000 titles, skills & traits!

Battle the spreading war with the new on-demand Skirmish system

Strike a blow against Sauron in thrilling new Dol Guldur instances and Raid that bring you face to face with a Nazgûl

Join thousands of other players – a fellowship of adventure awaits you online!

Includes: The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, winner of the 2007 PC MMO Game of the year, Mines of Moria, winner of the best expansion of 2008, and Siege of Mirkwood, winner of best expansion of 2009!

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video: 64 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500
Disk Space: 7 GB available DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1 GB Video: 128 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® FX 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X850
Disk Space: 10 GB available
DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c
Optical Drive: 2x DVD-ROM
Internet: Broadband DSL/Cable

NOTE: You will not receive a physical product with this purchase. Digital sales are non-refundable. Simply complete the order process and you will receive your product key and download link. After your download and registration are complete you can start playing!

Source: http://store.turbine.com/store?Acti...teID=turbine&Locale=en_US&productID=169163300

[quote name='mitnosi']Any benefits to owning the game?[/QUOTE]

I think you are going to have to pay the initial cost for the game, but there is not going to be any cost per month to play...kind of like Guild Wars...I may be wrong though..

[quote name='bigmac8855601']I think you are going to have to pay the initial cost for the game, but there is not going to be any cost per month to play...kind of like Guild Wars...I may be wrong though..[/QUOTE]

it says at the top that you only get 30 days of free time

Isn't LOTRO, or at least some parts of the game, going free to play in a month or two?

[quote name='rant']Isn't LOTRO, or at least some parts of the game, going free to play in a month or two?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is the core game will be free, the expansions will be also but youll have to buy them in order to play them. I might have read it wrong though.

[quote name='mcdaking84']but the downside is that it's an mmo[/QUOTE]

I guess I dont understand. If you dont like mmo's or have any interest in the game then why would you come in this thread, aside from making a sarcastic remark and leaving?

The whole game is going free to play on Sept 10th. You can buy things for the game, but everything up to lvl 50 (I think is the cap) is free. Sould be one of the best free to play MMO's with all the content it has. Her is a link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1114484p1.html

Wouls really call this a deal. I bought the main game collectors on the 48 hr go gamer for $2.90 and found the Mines of Moria collectors on ebay for $4. They say on there website if you sign up for the rewards program that you get points everytime you log in and play. You can save the points to buy the Mines of Moria and/or Siege of Mirkwood expansion, or just out right buy them.

[quote name='jcmeadows']The whole game is going free to play on Sept 10th. You can buy things for the game, but everything up to lvl 50 (I think is the cap) is free. Sould be one of the best free to play MMO's with all the content it has. Her is a link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1114484p1.html

Wouls really call this a deal. I bought the main game collectors on the 48 hr go gamer for $2.90 and found the Mines of Moria collectors on ebay for $4. They say on there website if you sign up for the rewards program that you get points everytime you log in and play. You can save the points to buy the Mines of Moria and/or Siege of Mirkwood expansion, or just out right buy them.[/QUOTE]
True you can get it cheaper one piece at a time but what's nice about this is you get it all in one convenient digital package right from your desk, and it includes all the expansions and character classes. Keep in mind they will probably stop selling packages like this once F2P starts so in theory these retail prices may go up in reality.

Basically this is a good deal actually vs of whats gonna be coming soon. Turbine (who once was a highly regarded quality dev company) decided they want to become money hungry with the F2P Hybrid setup.

WAIT DID U SAY F2P AND MONEY HUNGRY? WTF YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Though f2p may looks great at first, it is really not. Basically 90% of the game is actually locked down and must purchase many various "packs" to unlock content. If you own the full game and just continue on the regular 15 a month (though they have a 3 for 30 dollars once in a while), you basically still have access to everything. They basically admitted that they are seeking this method just to make more money while sacrificing quality (the game has not really been updated since end of last year) and letting the wowkids (as I call them) into the game with a f2p no credit card setup.

This decision has led many many beta/founders players (like myself) to see this as the last kick in the nuts to those that made the game successful.

This is basically the extremely short version of the BS that went on in the last 2 years of this game (roughly after MoM came out). I don't wanna sound like a hater, as I have played this game religiously for 3 years and have so many great memories, but new players should be aware of what they are getting into.

Anyways, if you think you wanting to get into lotro, this is a great complete package to get (or if you want to wait for the f2p to come out to check it out). If you like it great! More power to you and safe travels ;)

Siege of Mirkwood was only released digitally. That alone cost $19.99 atm from the turbine store.

Or you buy the all in one for $29.99 and get SoA (the first 50 levels...the original game), Mines of Moria (level 50-60 the first expansion), and Siege of Mirkwood (60-65 the latest expansion).

Everything up to level 50 will not be free. All the lvl 20+ zones are going to have their quest blocked off unless you buy the content. If you own the game and the expansions you will have access to the quest. However, if you do not subscribe you have the restrictions on your character (like gold, mail, auction, etc.) that other non-subs will have.

It will most likely be more expensive to buy all the quest a la cart then to buy it for $29.99. Does that make it a deal? Don't know.

According to PC Gamer, the free version includes 3 free zones (with 800 total quests) and all of the mainline story quests. It sounds like you can go anywhere, but you won't be able to take on the non-story quests there unless you buy them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Any benefits to owning the game?[/QUOTE]

http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

* Purchasers of the Mines of Moria™ expansion get access to the Mines of Moria region and content, premium classes (Rune-Keeper and Warden), legendary items feature, Tier 6 crafting feature, 2 extra character slots and a level cap of 60. Purchasers of the Siege of Mirkwood™ expansion get access to the Siege of Mirkwood region and content, a level cap of 65 and the Siege of Mirkwood skirmishes.

** Purchasers of the LOTRO Adventurer's Pack get 2 extra character slots and 20 slots of shared bank storage across all characters on the same servers.

In other words, you get the main game and quest hubs for free, but expansions (Moria, Mirkwood) will have to be bought to access regardless. Buying expansions allows you to use all of the expansion features like expansion classes, tier 6 crafting, legendary weapons, etc, instead of having to purchase them separately.

VIP subscription (the monthly fee), on the other hand, gets you gets you extra perks within the game, like more socketable traits, better troubleshooting support, etc. Looks like Monster Play will also be for paid subscribers only.

So basically buy it if you want lvl 65 and a whole host of other quests. I'm not sure how the whole Skirmish thing works, or why you would want access to more of them, so I'll stay silent on that. It sounds a whole lot like the group quest areas present in Warhammer Online, though.

[quote name='kosmos13x']
They basically admitted that they are seeking this method just to make more money while sacrificing quality (the game has not really been updated since end of last year)[/QUOTE]

This is kind of an uninformed opinion because you are completely ignoring their current F2P game. DDO had not gotten a major content update for quite a while before F2P, and now it's getting updates every month. The content updates for the game come faster and with more new stuff to do than at any previous point in the game's life-cycle, because the playerbase is much larger and it now makes financial sense for Turbine to put more money into making content for the game.

The same will probably happen for LOTRO.

I've played a ton of LOTRO and I love the game. I hadn't tried DDO prior to F2P and it made me a believer in F2P and gave me a great MMO to play that didn't require a monthly subscription. I love that I can buy a Quest Pack for $5, and even if it takes me and my friends 2 months to finish that quest I never have to pay a dime more to access that content on any of my other characters forever. I wish more MMOs would move to this type of model. I find the $15/month subscription model to be so restrictive. I always felt like I could only play 1 MMO at a time and that any more than that would be a waste of money because I needed to take advantage of that subscription while it was active.

On topic: This is the normal price for this version of the game, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick it up if you were interested in LOTRO. Like others have said it unlocks a whole lot of content permanently for you in F2P.

this is kind of the OPPOSITE of a videogame deal....quick, spend 30 bucks now for a game about to be free minus a few microtransactions for horse armor

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']this is kind of the OPPOSITE of a videogame deal....quick, spend 30 bucks now for a game about to be free minus a few microtransactions for horse armor[/QUOTE]

I thought it was going to be free to play...

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']This is kind of an uninformed opinion because you are completely ignoring their current F2P game. DDO had not gotten a major content update for quite a while before F2P, and now it's getting updates every month. The content updates for the game come faster and with more new stuff to do than at any previous point in the game's life-cycle, because the playerbase is much larger and it now makes financial sense for Turbine to put more money into making content for the game.

The same will probably happen for LOTRO.

I've played a ton of LOTRO and I love the game. I hadn't tried DDO prior to F2P and it made me a believer in F2P and gave me a great MMO to play that didn't require a monthly subscription. I love that I can buy a Quest Pack for $5, and even if it takes me and my friends 2 months to finish that quest I never have to pay a dime more to access that content on any of my other characters forever. I wish more MMOs would move to this type of model. I find the $15/month subscription model to be so restrictive. I always felt like I could only play 1 MMO at a time and that any more than that would be a waste of money because I needed to take advantage of that subscription while it was active.

On topic: This is the normal price for this version of the game, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick it up if you were interested in LOTRO. Like others have said it unlocks a whole lot of content permanently for you in F2P.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the game and dev support was chit for the 2 years before the announcement of f2p. Sure when ddo went f2p, they had to update it for a while to keep the hype going. It's just regular business tactics. Basically telling the Lotro community that they are not going f2p, multiple promises of fresh new content that never came, and then finally say its going f2p and thats all that they really been working on is a kick in the balls to their original supporters. You just do not do that as it is unethical.

But then again, I guess you had to be there to understand.

I guess we'll see how quickly new content comes for LOTRO F2P, though I think that largely depends on how well it does for them. DDO was just updated last week with a new 5-quest adventure pack with a new outdoor zone, so they didn't just keep the updates flowing while they wanted to maintain hype. DDO F2P will have been around for about a year soon, and the updates are still coming regularly. Rumor is the next update will be in Sept and includes new races among other things. I'm loving it :)

I got LOTRO Mines of Moria Collector's Edition for $10 @ gamestop like 3 weeks ago. Still rocking my free month:D

Anyways my shit automatically downloaded the seige of mirkwood thing. So $10 vs $29 is easy money. I just checked gamestop and it says not available online atm but just call your local store like I did and ask if they have copies. $10 bro!!!

There is gonna be 3 account types; shitty, alright and ubzorz. By owning the CE or any other copy for that matter we will get the "alright" account access which grants a few perks over the "shitty" account type.

I don't know why people are saying you get the "main" game for free. You don't. There are several zones that came with the vanilla version of the game that are NOT F2P. If you buy the expansions, you get access to those at least, but you'll still have "holes" in the original areas unless you buy them or sub.

[quote name='Nesrie']I don't know why people are saying you get the "main" game for free. You don't. There are several zones that came with the vanilla version of the game that are NOT F2P. If you buy the expansions, you get access to those at least, but you'll still have "holes" in the original areas unless you buy them or sub.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do. You get the main and core game world to play in free starting out and you start out with the same quest packs as premium members do. As illustrated in this graph on the official site http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html and it also says the same thing in the faq that is found on this page http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/ and was also stated in a interview I read in a issue of pc gamer not to long ago.

You can also get quest packs free by playing the game and earning turbine points. Granted it will take more time and effort but you can unlock everything without paying a penny. Even a mod in here said you can play and not buy anything but it will take awhile http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=350810

Its always a good idea to know what your talking about when you act like you do.

[quote name='gargus']Yes, you do. You get the main and core game world to play in free starting out and you start out with the same quest packs as premium members do. As illustrated in this graph on the official site http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html and it also says the same thing in the faq that is found on this page http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/ and was also stated in a interview I read in a issue of pc gamer not to long ago.

You can also get quest packs free by playing the game and earning turbine points. Granted it will take more time and effort but you can unlock everything without paying a penny. Even a mod in here said you can play and not buy anything but it will take awhile http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=350810

Its always a good idea to know what your talking about when you act like you do.[/QUOTE]

According to the chart you linked you don't....

You get access to the lands in the core game, but quests are locked out majority of the time (starting zones and little past that are free only) and main storyline quests. Everything else you have to purchase with quest packs. That is what Turbine has been saying all along which makes sense and how DDO was ran also.

Oh, no I only get a few starting zones.....I'd say that's a good deal. 3 starting zones (or however any there are) for zero dollars.....why that's free. I'll play this in between Reach, COD: BO (I'm trying to stay away but it's difficult) up until SWTOR comes out. It's a stopgap for me and a free stopgap is better than a paid stopgap

[quote name='jdktech2010']Oh, no I only get a few starting zones.....I'd say that's a good deal. 3 starting zones (or however any there are) for zero dollars.....why that's free. I'll play this in between Reach, COD: BO (I'm trying to stay away but it's difficult) up until SWTOR comes out. It's a stopgap for me and a free stopgap is better than a paid stopgap[/QUOTE]

I would drop those hopes about SWTOR, that game will not be good. At least it doesn't look good from the latest gameplay vids I saw.

If a person were planning on playing LotRO for some length of time this wouldn't be a bad thing to jump on while still available. The Moria pack and Mirkwood pack will cost you as much or more once the game goes FTP.

Turbine points can be earned ingame, but the acquisition rate in beta has been slow. Also, once you hit the 20's you will run out of accessible content aside from the epic quest line unless you buy the unlock packs for a region.

Yes the main world is open to you as a free to play player, but the content is not. There is a lot more to it than just the Shire, Bree, and Ered-luin.

[quote name='kosmos13x']According to the chart you linked you don't....

You get access to the lands in the core game, but quests are locked out majority of the time (starting zones and little past that are free only) and main storyline quests. Everything else you have to purchase with quest packs. That is what Turbine has been saying all along which makes sense and how DDO was ran also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that person doesn't know what they are talking about. I do. I played LOTRO up until Feb. I know the area and the expansions, including Mirkwood. They're locking F2P out of some major areas in non-expansion parts of the game. You're going to have to pay for them (this includes people who paid for box before F2P).

I will say if you have Moria, and like Moria, you will level in there and avoid some of the higher levels areas outside it so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy those areas and Moria unless you play through again.

I'm taking part in the beta now, and it's alright. While a lot of DLC in games seems like stuff that should have been included with the game to begin with, at least in this case you're getting the core game for free and then paying for whatever additional bits you want. That's a whole lot better than having to pay for the game up front, then pay a monthly fee, then pay for expansions that barely qualify down the line. I actually like the way Turbine has it set-up...it would seem superior to the way a lot of other games of its ilk are handling it (and they'll pick up players that would have never given it a chance otherwise). On the other hand, it's still an MMO (giving it a chance).

bread's done
Back