IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey Gen Discussion & Info - Demo out now.

homeland

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/52139.html

Release Date: Sept 15 2009

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war’s most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five theatres of war to engage in – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun' representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I was just checking this forum to see if there was an IL2:BoP thread and I see that you beat me to the punch.

I'm really looking forward to trying this demo. My new 360 is supposed to be showing up today. The comments on the official BoP site are overall quite positive. People seem to say that the Simulation mode turned out pretty well considering it is being done on a console.

The simulation mode is very brutal. After I die and respawn it seems within 10 seconds I'm spinning out of control again. When I can control the plane its a pretty fun game, look forward to trying it with an actual stick though.

[quote name='homeland']The simulation mode is very brutal. After I die and respawn it seems within 10 seconds I'm spinning out of control again. When I can control the plane its a pretty fun game, look forward to trying it with an actual stick though.[/QUOTE]

really? I didn't have any trouble

Did anyone here actually buy this game? This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.

I have an IL-2 Sturmovic: Birds of Prey P-47D Thunderbolt (American) and Ta 152 H-1 (German) pre-order code for Xbox 360 up for trade on page 83 of the Xbox LIVE code trading thread.

Code unlocks these planes for multiplayer.

bread's done
Back