I'm about to graduate

No congrats until you maintain a clean criminal record for a while. High school is about socialization, so it takes a few years to see if it took or not.

start thinking about where ya gonna be 10 years from now... im currently planning our 10 year for our school this year :)

Funny thing is, 10 years from now you will hardly remember this day. HS graduation seems so important when you are there but in hindsight, it's only a small step towards adulthood.

[quote name='daphatty']Funny thing is, 10 years from now you will hardly remember this day. HS graduation seems so important when you are there but in hindsight, it's only a small step towards adulthood.[/QUOTE]

i didnt go to my hs graduation.............

[quote name='ITDEFX']i didnt go to my hs graduation.............[/QUOTE]

I didn't go either. Congrats OP. Where will you be going for college?

[quote name='Quackzilla']Until you get a Doctorate of Theology in Astrophysics I am not impressed.

Everyone graduates high school.[/QUOTE]

If only that were true.

I don't know how people don't graduate. If you just fucking show up and just do the CLASSWORK you'll pass. Or at least *kinda try* the work.

Jesus.

[quote name='Moxio']If only that were true.

I don't know how people don't graduate. If you just fucking show up and just do the CLASSWORK you'll pass. Or at least *kinda try* the work.

Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Well Jaket might be the special case then :D

Congratulations on completing one of the easiest tasks in modern society.

[quote name='Brak']Congratulations on completing one of the easiest tasks in modern society.[/QUOTE]

yea, now it gets bitch worse.

[quote name='rabbitt']Well you don't graduate everyday...[/quote]

I do about twice a day. Oh wait, you said graduate didn't you?

See, the thing is, Jake nearly didn't graduate. He found out if he would the day before the ceremony, and only after doing a shitload of extra work for one of his teachers. It may not be a big deal to most people, but finding out that you don't have to spend another year in high school and being able to walk with all of your friends is probably a monumental joy and relief.

Congrats. You did it. Project Graduation was sick.

School was much simpler 10 years ago before they started pushing for these standardized tests like the SOLs here in VA.. now you have to past these in order to graduate :O... thank god I finished HS before it started.

[quote name='ITDEFX']School was much simpler 10 years ago before they started pushing for these standardized tests like the SOLs here in VA.. now you have to past these in order to graduate :O... thank god I finished HS before it started.[/QUOTE]
Why? Are you retarded? It's like 8th grade level. If you can't pass them, then you don't deserve to gradutate.

No offense meant to you ITDEFX, but I'm just saying.

[quote name='zewone']Why? Are you retarded? It's like 8th grade level. If you can't pass them, then you don't deserve to gradutate.

No offense meant to you ITDEFX, but I'm just saying.[/QUOTE]

WTF man? As someone who works in the public education system, I hear about this shit all the time, they dont pass the SOL's, then they either dont graduate or get a shitty high school degree. I understand its a lot of pressure and i am glad I didn't have to deal with it as it happened AFTER I graduated. So im one lucky mother fucker :p as I know a lot of kids don't pass it each year (I had to give it this year and I know a lot of my kids didn't pass it because there fucken stupid).

My high school instated the California High School Exit Exam, extremeeeely easy test, 9th grade material, you only need half of them right to pass yet.......only 49% of the students who took the test last year at my school passed.

Jeez, maybe Colorado is a back-woods hick state.. we didn't have anything like exit tests. Maybe they just wanted whoknows out after three years of torture, and something like that would have set him back. ;)

[quote name='ITDEFX']WTF man? As someone who works in the public education system, I hear about this shit all the time, they dont pass the SOL's, then they either dont graduate or get a shitty high school degree. I understand its a lot of pressure and i am glad I didn't have to deal with it as it happened AFTER I graduated. So im one lucky mother fucker :p as I know a lot of kids don't pass it each year (I had to give it this year and I know a lot of my kids didn't pass it because there fucken stupid).[/QUOTE]
at least they named the test right if a lot of kids can't manage to pass it...SOL suckers!

[quote name='Tiphireth']Jeez, maybe Colorado is a back-woods hick state.. we didn't have anything like exit tests. Maybe they just wanted whoknows out after three years of torture, and something like that would have set him back. ;)[/QUOTE]
Psh...if they had it its because they would want me to stay, I'm sure many teachers enjoyed me there, especially a certain few who wouldnt even look at me at graduation :lol:

[quote name='zewone']Maybe the SOLs are different, but here the California High School Exit Exam is a joke of how easy it is.[/QUOTE]

http://www.morganquitno.com/edpress.htm

Click on the 50 state rankings link.

Maine- 5
Colorado- 23
California- 46

For most Mainers, high school is pretty difficult (although I found it easy). The same can be said for Colorado, I assume.

I can only imagine how easy the California test must be. The state's standards are at the bottom of the barrel (no offense to your education or anything).

[quote name='crazytalkx']My high school instated the California High School Exit Exam, extremeeeely easy test, 9th grade material, you only need half of them right to pass yet.......only 49% of the students who took the test last year at my school passed.[/QUOTE]

That's probably because 98% of the students in California don't speak English.

[quote name='Moxio']That's probably because 98% of the students in California don't speak English.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Saddly enough true.

bread's done
Back