I'm finally done

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I finally graduated from high school. What can I say other then I’m happy I’m finally done with high school (except that I have to go back and help finish up the yearbook, because some lazy kids didn’t do it during the school year :roll: ).

So, is anyone else graduating this year?

I love this picture. You can tell how much fun my brother had at graduation.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']A few years from now, you'll wish you never left[/QUOTE]

However, a year from now, you might be getting drunk in college realizing what bullshit high school really was.

[quote name='Kaijufan']

I love this picture. You can tell how much fun my brother had at graduation.

[/QUOTE]

Which one are you?

And why are a bunch of people dressed in blue robes? Is this some kind of cult thing?

[quote name='alonzomourning23']It's been a few years, I'll go back over my dead body![/QUOTE]

Man, life was so much easier back then. Fewer bills, less responsibility, and I had more disposable income.

I just graduated myself, along with some other peeps I know around here. Made a hefty 1500 bux in one night all for walking across a stage and grabbing a makeshift binder which didn't have a diploma in it, (you have to get them after you get off stage because getting them on stage would just be horribly too easy). Finally time to move out, cannot fuggin wait.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Man, life was so much easier back then. Fewer bills, less responsibility, and I had more disposable income.[/QUOTE]

I just moved back home for the summer (from college) and when I was away (10 hour drive, so no parents even if I needed them) I was happier, studied more, and more relaxed. This was with me paying my own rent (I lived off campus), cable, internet etc. bills. I had to do all the cooking (I know how to cook better than either of my parents, and I cooked about half the time at home anyway, usually because the only meal anyone else was home for was dinner), cleaning etc, but it was so much easier and less bothersome. I do well with responsibility if no one bothers me, when I got parents breathing down my neck I don't do a damn thing, and what I do is half assed, but I'm the complete opposite on my own (not talking important stuff, either way I make sure essentials are done like paying bills and taking care of pets). It's like I freeze up around my parents, I'm a different person with them, and I don't really like the person I am around them. It's like I try to do the things I've always done, just fulfilling the beliefs my parents have about me instead of acting like I really am.

Also, in high school, if you're one of the outcasts then life can be hell, I go to a university where I don't have to deal with past reputation and all that stuff, I don't want to go back. When I work in a place people don't just say "oh that kids a geek" and ignore or insult you, and I get along just fine outside of high school. In high school I couldn't wait to get out of there and go to work/college, and now that I'm out I would absolutely dread ever having to go back.

I probably have about the same amount of disposable income at home as when I'm away, though I'm not sure why. It doesn't really make sense, but it always seems to work out that way. Though I liked where I was (toronto) much better than where I am (north of boston).

Congrats guys and gals.

High School and College are some of the best years of your lives. Don't waste them and enjoy every minute. It's almost impossible to grasp how incredibly precious those years are until you're on the other side looking back. Don't miss a second of it.

Congratulations.

P5190118.jpg

Congrats to you. My graduation was on the 19th Freshmen year I just wanted to get done with highschool. Senior year just seemed way too fast.

[quote name='jesta2817']
P5190118.jpg

Congrats to you. My graduation was on the 19th Freshmen year I just wanted to get done with highschool. Senior year just seemed way too fast.[/QUOTE]

The second guy on the left looks like he wants to eat me!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Which one are you?

And why are a bunch of people dressed in blue robes? Is this some kind of cult thing?[/QUOTE]
The girls in the cult wear white robes:
white18qy.jpg

white36sz.jpg

white23sj.jpg

And the guys wear blue:
josh14os.jpg

travis14vs.jpg

nick16cf.jpg

man i was so glad to graduate highschool

the suffocation of ignorance in public education in oregon is stifilng and breath taking.

congrats, it's a long perilous road of identity searching, goal orientation and value establishment you've had to deal with that you'll only regret or forget in your first few years of college when you're doing shots of jaeger or evil in someone's dorm room.

i'm joking! not really tho.

those pictures are pretty cute tho, they do capture that whole time period (end of school), i remember getting pictures with all the hot girls at the end of the year, that was my crowning achievement :lol:

Dude..those pics of you are hilarious...in almost every single one you have your arm over someones shoulder. It's like you ran up and threw your arm there and told someone fast to take a pic.

lol

[quote name='defender']Dude..those pics of you are hilarious...in almost every single one you have your arm over someones shoulder. It's like you ran up and threw your arm there and told someone fast to take a pic.

lol[/QUOTE]
I didn't want them to get away before the picture was taken.
Here's one where I don't have my arm over someone's sholder:
bigt1sg.jpg

However, looking back at my pictures from yesterday I do seem to keep most people from running away:
nateandaaron1wz.jpg

kelly15yj.jpg

bender12pc.jpg

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']A few years from now, you'll wish you never left[/QUOTE]

True. That's why everything is always "the good ol' days". Sure they sucked ass, but compared to what's to come it was like a dream. :lol:

Anyway, congrats Kaijufan.

[quote name='BLarR']I just graduated myself, along with some other peeps I know around here. Made a hefty 1500 bux in one night all for walking across a stage and grabbing a makeshift binder which didn't have a diploma in it, (you have to get them after you get off stage because getting them on stage would just be horribly too easy). Finally time to move out, cannot fuggin wait.[/QUOTE]

You got $1500 for graduating? Damn inflation is a bitch!!! On a side note, they don't give you the diploma on graduation day for 3 main reasons:

1) 9 times out of 10 they have them professionally printed and that takes a while

2) Sometimes final grades haven't been finalized by the time the ceremony takes place, so they don't want to hand you a diploma to only find out later that you flunked and don't deserve one.

3) They don't really want to have to deal with the pressure of making sure everyone gets handed the correct diploma with their name on it during the ceremony. Things could easily get mixed up having stacks of diploma sitting there and if one diploma is missing it could easily fuck up the flow of the entire ceremony as they either look for it or hand you someone elses.

Congratulations to all you guys graduating this year! Hopefully the real world doesn't kick your asses! :D

[quote name='Professor Oreo']You got $1500 for graduating? Damn inflation is a bitch!!! On a side note, they don't give you the diploma on graduation day for 3 main reasons:

1) 9 times out of 10 they have them professionally printed and that takes a while

2) Sometimes final grades haven't been finalized by the time the ceremony takes place, so they don't want to hand you a diploma to only find out later that you flunked and don't deserve one.

3) They don't really want to have to deal with the pressure of making sure everyone gets handed the correct diploma with their name on it during the ceremony. Things could easily get mixed up having stacks of diploma sitting there and if one diploma is missing it could easily fuck up the flow of the entire ceremony as they either look for it or hand you someone elses.

Congratulations to all you guys graduating this year! Hopefully the real world doesn't kick your asses! :D[/QUOTE]

That sucks, we got out diplomas in nice little folding binders when we walked across stage, they were the real signed thing too!

nice..congrats man, hs graduation..man we had a camera set up in the front of the gym, and i almost rammed into it when i get an award that i didnt even kno i got!
ahhh..enjoy the memories :)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']True. That's why everything is always "the good ol' days". Sure they sucked ass, but compared to what's to come it was like a dream. :lol:

Anyway, congrats Kaijufan.[/QUOTE]

True - i'm in my second year of college. High school junior/senior year were really the best of times (for me) cause I had such a tight cohesive group of friends. Now that we're all in college though, we don't see as much of each other until breaks/summer.

That and I really dislike alcoholism, small rooms, and ignorance. People like to think that when you go to college that you're escaping ignorance, but that isn't the case; it's just easier to ignore. College is essentially an expensive daycare: If your parents were oppressive and you enjoy the liquors - then it'll probably be a blast.

Other than that - it's one step closer to getting a full time job.

But congrats to everyone graduating - the summer will surely be one to remember.

[quote name='tornadomann']That sucks, we got out diplomas in nice little folding binders when we walked across stage, they were the real signed thing too![/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you may have had a smaller graduating class, and therefore fewer diplomas to handle. For example: 12 years ago, My HS had well over 350 graduating seniors. We got our binders on graduation day but didn't get the actual diplomas for another 4 months.

Congratulations again to everyone!!!

[quote name='Professor Oreo']3) They don't really want to have to deal with the pressure of making sure everyone gets handed the correct diploma with their name on it during the ceremony. Things could easily get mixed up having stacks of diploma sitting there and if one diploma is missing it could easily fuck up the flow of the entire ceremony as they either look for it or hand you someone elses.
[/QUOTE]

They used what seemed to be a foolproof method to prevent this sort of thing last month, even though they were just handing out dummy certificates (which more or less read "You participated in the ceremony!") in big envelopes: they handed out slips of paper with everyone's names. When you walked on stage, you handed your slip of paper to the guy taking them. He thus had a stack of slips which were in the same order that people who had definitely shown up were sitting in....so you'd think there'd be no possible complication with the names called. Somebody was missing! The name was called out and nobody was there. Did he just slink off-stage at some point? Snuck off to the bathroom or have a cigarette or something?
:whistle2:k

I used to think that before I started working in the part of my office that deals with High School tours to my base. On the days I do those tours I go home and pop like 3 advils, I do not have the patience to b ein high school again and the high pitched voices drive me nuts.

[quote name='tornadomann']Bump for everyone who graduated this past weekend!

Plus a picture of me and some friends last week at a grad party![/QUOTE]

Once again you're making damn sure they can't get away before the pic is taken. :lol:

Congratulations on ending that miserable chapter of your life.

Now prepare to bang women and drink like a fish.

CTL

bread's done
Back