I'm getting my 360 2moro!!!

Should we turn this thread into a general 360 discussion topic? Sort of like an OTT, but for the 360? It seems to be turning into that anyway.

Ha, looks like we bought our 360s at around the same time. I got mine this last Saturday, boyfriend and I went halves on it. I bought Oblivion with it and have gotten a few Live Arcade games. Been using rentals as the rest of my play on it so far. Haven't gotten *too* much play with it yet, WoW and work schedules have been taking up most of my time.

Another cool thing was buying a couple of the $20 XBL cards (original Xbox) and stacking them with my account before I switched over to a 360 Gold account. I've had 3 years of service now for about $20 total (free card w/Splinter Cell PT and free Live card last year from my manager). Plus reactivated my guy's account, since he's going to actually *use* it now.

My Gamertag is Zingela. I know a few of you might have me on there already from Halo/Conker/etc.

I badly want to get an Xbox 360, but my life is currently a mess (no job right now) and don't have the money. :( I could have gotten it for $320 earlier this week, at Meijer. Oh well, hopefully I eventually get one, since I enjoyed what I played at a friend's house, not too long ago.

I also can't wait to uprade my XBL Silver membership to a gold sometime (I got the name I wanted reserved, which matches my username here).

I got a ton of games using the Gamestop b2g1 free coupon... if anyone wants to play any of them hit me up -

Call of duty 2
Condemned
Oblivion
Burnout Revenge
Fight Night Round 3
Farcry Evolution

[quote name='Roufuss']I got a ton of games using the Gamestop b2g1 free coupon... if anyone wants to play any of them hit me up -

Call of duty 2
Condemned
Oblivion
Burnout Revenge
Fight Night Round 3
Farcry Evolution[/QUOTE]

How much did you spend for all those? Also, I'd be up for CoD2.

[quote name='seanr1221']How much did you spend for all those? Also, I'd be up for CoD2.[/QUOTE]

Um... FNR 3, Oblivion, and CoD 2 came to $100 after tax (b2g1 free coupon) and the Oblivion I got was the CE. It's missing the coin but I'll take it out of my PC one before I sell it.

Burnout Revenge, Condemed, and Far Cry came out to be $85 for the three, with another b2g1 free coupon.

I'm selling CoD 2 and Oblivion for the PC, so that will help shoulder the blow.

[quote name='jPoD']I wonder what you'd call me if I told you my parents bought me a $30K car? :p
But thanks regardless, for being an asshole![/QUOTE]

Uh...I'd probably call you spoiled still, considering you're still in high school.
But thanks regardless, for using unnecessary commas!

[quote name='LaseK']Uh...I'd probably call you spoiled still, considering you're still in high school.
But thanks regardless, for using unnecessary commas![/QUOTE]

I'm a senior, so i'm not in HS for much longer...
Dont comment on my typing, at least you can understand it.

[quote name='LaseK']Uh...I'd probably call you spoiled still, considering you're still in high school.
But thanks regardless, for using unnecessary commas![/QUOTE]
Does it really matter if he's spoiled or not? Jesus. Take this elsewhere.

[quote name='jPoD']I'm a senior, so i'm not in HS for much longer...
Dont comment on my typing, at least you can understand it.[/QUOTE]

yes, all seniors deserve 360's and $30,000 cars and boats made out of plutonium.

regardless, i'm done arguing, you're spoiled and thats a fact and argument over.

back to 360.

well, I'm happy. I just picked up my check from my classy ass photo job at walgreens (sarcasm please) and it was alot more than I was expecting... I deposited tonight, and if it shows up after I get off work at 4 tommorow, I'm heading out to get my 360. I'm happy now knowing I'll have a 360 ahead of the dead rising release...

anyone know if you are limited to 10 days to do the warranty or it dosn't matter... just 10 days after you register your system with M$?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone know if you are limited to 10 days to do the warranty or it dosn't matter... just 10 days after you register your system with M$?[/quote]

It doesn't matter.

[quote name='LaseK']yes, all seniors deserve 360's and $30,000 cars and boats made out of plutonium.

regardless, i'm done arguing, you're spoiled and thats a fact and argument over.

back to 360.[/QUOTE]

My parents never bought me a boat. That's a bit excessive.

Sup bitches, I got Perfect Dark Zero today ($17.99 for the LE, woot), PGR 3 is in the mail and so is Prey.

Kameo will probably be bought on Sunday as well.

Anyone can hit me up with invites to games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sup bitches, I got Perfect Dark Zero today ($17.99 for the LE, woot), PGR 3 is in the mail and so is Prey.

Anyone can hit me up with invites to games.[/quote]
Let me know if you want to play PDZ, I despise the game, but need to get some play time out of it.

[quote name='2Fast']Let me know if you want to play PDZ, I despise the game, but need to get some play time out of it.[/QUOTE]

Prolly tommorrow some time we'll slog through co-op.

[quote name='Roufuss']Prolly tommorrow some time we'll slog through co-op.[/quote]

Slog is probably the most appropriate adjective to describe anything in that game. :D

Why oh why did I hold onto this game??

[quote name='Roufuss']Sup bitches, I got Perfect Dark Zero today ($17.99 for the LE, woot), PGR 3 is in the mail and so is Prey.

Anyone can hit me up with invites to games.[/quote]

We should do some PDZ co-op over Live sometime, are you available for PDZ Saturday or Sunday?

[quote name='menikmati']We should do some PDZ co-op over Live sometime, are you available for PDZ Saturday or Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Should be Saturday, hopefully.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, I'm happy. I just picked up my check from my classy ass photo job at walgreens (sarcasm please) and it was alot more than I was expecting... I deposited tonight, and if it shows up after I get off work at 4 tommorow, I'm heading out to get my 360. I'm happy now knowing I'll have a 360 ahead of the dead rising release...

anyone know if you are limited to 10 days to do the warranty or it dosn't matter... just 10 days after you register your system with M$?[/QUOTE]

Add me to your friends list please. It would be nice to talk to someone on XBL who doesn't drool over FPS's.

I picked up Table Tennis, Prey, and recieved Project Gotham Racing 3 from the retail training site today. I have games to play with my guy now, so maybe he'll now get more enjoyment out of our purchase outside of demos/Live Arcade.

Cool thing is, for all four games I own, it cost me a total of around $90. About $22/game. I am happy with my ability, despite plopping down more money than I have in a long time at once, to remain a Cheap Ass Gamer.

I hope I can get a 360 for my birthday, I'm a temporary college dropout, so my parents might get it for me.
I remember the question last gen:
"So you want the Playcube, Gamestation or the XBOX?"

[quote name='akilshohen']I hope I can get a 360 for my birthday, I'm a temporary college dropout, so my parents might get it for me.
I remember the question last gen:
"So you want the Playcube, Gamestation or the XBOX?"[/quote]

If you are a dropout, you shouldn't get a 360.

[quote name='help1']If you are a dropout, you shouldn't get a 360.[/QUOTE]
I said temporary......I'm trying to transfer, waiting for a response from another college. My current college said I can't take a temporary leave for the summer since I have a 80-90% chance of not coming back. I wanted to take a leave just to have something to fall back on just in case I don't get accepted. Since my current college is a for profit college, I can get accepted within a hour.
Hence the term temporary drop out. I'll be going back to school by october at the latest.

[quote name='akilshohen']I said temporary......I'm trying to transfer, waiting for a response from another college. My current college said I can't take a temporary leave for the summer since I have a 80-90% chance of not coming back. I wanted to take a leave just to have something to fall back on just in case I don't get accepted. Since my current college is a for profit college, I can get accepted within a hour.
Hence the term temporary drop out. I'll be going back to school by october at the latest.[/quote]

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up!

[quote name='Sarang01']Add me to your friends list please. It would be nice to talk to someone on XBL who doesn't drool over FPS's.[/QUOTE]

awsome, will do. Problem is that today I couldn't get it since my check deposit may not show up till tommorow or monday.

Since this an active thread, Ill repost this here!

One question, I can buy a 360 at anytime for 320 dollars... (premuim) because of amazon credit... but should I wait to spend money on this till more games come out or buy this if it comes out in a bundle?

EDIT: Also, would the online enabled demos keep me busy enough until summer ends? I am looking at PDZ and GRAW mostly... and I will prob wind up buying a game soon after, but wouldnt be able to for a few weeks....

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, 90% of what I own has been bought with my own money whci I am greatful for. It sure let me know how much to value what I have at an early age...[/QUOTE]

Same =).I haven't received a penny from my mother for years [although my mommy does pay my cell phone bill of $28/mo, and I get $200 a month from my dads life insurance] and I'm only nineteen, and it feels great to buy my own stuff. I mean, I'm sure we all want free $30,000 cars and trips to the moon, but hey.

Also, we work the same job. I work in the photo department of a Superstore [canadian Walgreens =P].

[quote name='LaseK']Same =).I haven't received a penny from my mother for years [although my mommy does pay my cell phone bill of $28/mo, and I get $200 a month from my dads life insurance] and I'm only nineteen, and it feels great to buy my own stuff. I mean, I'm sure we all want free $30,000 cars and trips to the moon, but hey.

Also, we work the same job. I work in the photo department of a Superstore [canadian Walgreens =P].[/QUOTE]

Trips to the moon cost 100 mil./pp. Believe me, i dont get that.

[quote name='LaseK']Same =).I haven't received a penny from my mother for years [although my mommy does pay my cell phone bill of $28/mo, and I get $200 a month from my dads life insurance] and I'm only nineteen, and it feels great to buy my own stuff. I mean, I'm sure we all want free $30,000 cars and trips to the moon, but hey.

Also, we work the same job. I work in the photo department of a Superstore [canadian Walgreens =P].[/QUOTE]

sweet! yeah, I think we both fall on the same lines. I'm sure if I got a cellphone soon, I would also get support, but nothign like a vehicle.

Photolab is not that bad really... it's probably the best job to have at Walgreens/Superstore.

well, my plans for tommorow at EB are:

- Use part of my store credit ($103.53) to pay off the rest of Tekken Dark Resurrection
- Use the rest of the credit to buy Dead or Alive 4
- Buy 360 Premium
- Buy a Play and Charge kit
- go home, buy MS Points on live

and from there on I'll buy more stuff once I get my next paycheck.

[quote name='jPoD']Trips to the moon cost 100 mil./pp. Believe me, i dont get that.[/QUOTE]

i think you might be retarded

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sweet! yeah, I think we both fall on the same lines. I'm sure if I got a cellphone soon, I would also get support, but nothign like a vehicle.

Photolab is not that bad really... it's probably the best job to have at Walgreens/Superstore.[/QUOTE]

completely agree, photolab is the job everybody wants at superstore. i actually enjoy it, its really calm and you get to basically do your own thing.

anyways, add me to your list when you get your 360. I have DoA4, and im pretty new to it [and most 3D fighters. counter system is hard :(] my gamertag is Larstech.

[quote name='LaseK']i think you might be retarded

completely agree, photolab is the job everybody wants at superstore. i actually enjoy it, its really calm and you get to basically do your own thing.

anyways, add me to your list when you get your 360. I have DoA4, and im pretty new to it [and most 3D fighters. counter system is hard :(] my gamertag is Larstech.[/QUOTE]

i'm just being facetious....

bread's done
Back