I'm looking for an Xbox 360 game with a high awesome: price ratio.

cheapkevin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I will be given an Xbox 360 Pro Value Bundle for Christmas, and I'm looking to buy a game or two in addition to the game pack that comes bundled with the system. btw, If you do mention a cheap game, please tell me where/how it could be bought at the lowest price.
Also, how could I get the most money out of the Forza Motorsport 2/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance game pack? Do you think I should just keep it? I don't really have any realistic racing games, but I don't think I would like the genre much anyway. I'm much more interested in Burnout Paradise tbqh.

Well for 30 dollars I love Lost Planet, you won't get many kicks out of single player, but multiplayer is fun and addictive, plus all the map packs are free.

If you have reward zone or are on the bestbuy mailing list you could probably get 10-12 percent off it as well.

I'm sure you could find it even cheaper used.

But some things to keep in mind: It's 3rd person. There are mech robots that will inevitabley be whored by jerks. The weapons get bland after a while, but some never get old. You can use a grappling hook to get to incredibly high spots on the map.

Look up reviews for it to learn more, but don't be decieved by bad scores, it's a good game despite a weak story.

Assassin's Creed is a very fun title if you like that type of game. It's the one I'm playing now.

Halo 3 is probably your best bet if you are looking for online play. Assassin's Creed doesn't have online, it's a one-player game.

Just look into what kind of games you like. Hope that helps.

Keep Forza 2....excellent game...and I dont really like racing games.
One of the games that I always liked and is cheap is Chrome Hounds. If you like Mech games, give it a shot.

Online: Halo 3
Offline: Blue Dragon or Dead Rising will literally keep you busy with high awesomeness for over 25-30 hours.

And Buy.com has Dead Rising for $18.99 with GCO.

~HotShotX

I've been bored to death with Forza, it's realistic, but unlike flight simulators, not in a fun way. I find the arcade racers to be a lot more fun on consoles (burnout, excite truck for Wii, etc.)

If you don't have a PC for gaming, make sure to pick up a used bioshock, that game will blow you away. COD4 is amazing technically but not that much fun to play in single-player. Mass effect looks promising.

In regards to uricmu's comment concerning Mass Effect, it's a very good game if you can withstand the length of an RPG. I haven't finished it yet. It's a nice concept of mixing a 3rd person shooter with the elements of an RPG. The storyline, in my opinion, is very detailed and complicated at times, but as the game goes on, it makes sense I'm sure. Just remember, it is apart of a trilogy I think.

Crackdown which is about $30 last time I checked GS. It's serverley underestimated but it's a great game, especially if you have a friend for co-op.
-
If you like beat-e'm-ups and giant robots; Dynasty Warriors: Gundam does a damn good job at it; or Warriors Orochi which is Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors in 1.
-
I'm gonna get hit for it BUT Naruto: Rise of a ninja is actually a VERY good game. Good replay and just good action.

Oblivion is running $19-29 and offers hours of fun. It's probably offering the most playtime for your dollar, unless you want to rank up online in games like Halo 3 or R6:V

Orange box does rule online and off but it's damn near full price everywhere.
Bioshock is now 39.99 places but its about an 8-10 hour play unless you want to go after achievements.

Project Gotham 3 for $20 new or $12 used at Gamestop. I bought mine for $14 new when it was on sale a month ago. Cmon guys, he's obviously looking for $20 games here, not $60 new games like Halo 3.

Don't get Assasin's Creed. I like the game, and it's nice to be first to play it, but it's a one trick pony that's single player only.

If you're gonna recomend new games, then first place would be Orange Box, DUH! 5 games in one, Editor's Choice Award at Gamespot, and includes the best game of all time, Portal. You can get it cheapest at FamilyVideo.com or maybe you can take advantage of this deal from paypal that if you buy from Newegg using paypal, they'll give you $20 cash back.

The other game I play a lot is FEAR. Though the single player is going to be shorter than something like Grand Theft Auto, the multiplayer is great and I spend most of my time on live playing it. It does not have system link however (right?) and I am loath to recomend a game that doesn't. You can find FEAR for $18 on Gamefly.com.

If you're in it for the multiplayer, go with Shadowrun. It's $20 at gamestop used, probably cheaper on ebay, and it has a ton of variety for an online FPS. Yeah yeah, it's online only, but still fun as hell.

I also second Chromehounds, mainly for its online play. DOA4 can be had for like $20 too, and it's pretty fun (though I'll admit I bought it just to fight as a Halo Spartan). On that note, however, I'd say no game has gotten more play for the money than Halo 3. As furious as that game makes me, I return every. Single. God. Damned. Day.

And Marvel Ultimate Alliance is awesome if you're a superhero fiend like myself. I just think it's BS that they didn't package the gold edition in with the bundle. Oh well.

[quote name='bombtom15']Gears of War- ebay for about $30 shipped[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with that...Gears of War was AMAZING..and with it being older now, folks are unloading them. Get one!

I would suggest something that will involve a certain level of skill. Halo 3, Forza 2, Guitar Hero - something along those lines. You can just pick them up and play recreationally, but if you happen to really like one of those games, there is quite a bit of depth and skill to them that will take a while to learn. Plus they are fun in the process. Although I dont personally like it, Oblivion should fit the bill pretty well here too. Should be about $20-25 for 80+ hours, if you decide to beat it. A lot longer if you want it to be.

Dead Rising is fantastic and cheap.

It's expensive (especially if you want a second guitar), but I personally think that Guitar Hero has one of the best awesome:price ratios out there. You can probably get GH2 for relatively cheap nowadays (TRU is selling it for $45 right now, IIRC), and it's both a great single-player and one of the most accessible multi-player games out there.

[quote name='mac101010']saints row is going for 20 on amazon right now. hurry before it reverts to 30.[/QUOTE]
It's also on sale for $20 at Best Buy this week, and for that price, Saints Row is an absolute no-brainer. I highly recommend it.

Also, don't know whether you're into sports titles at all, but if you are, All Pro Football 2K8 will be $10 next week at Best Buy.

If you join Goozex, those two games are worth 600 and 500 points (equal to $55) which could get you any 360 game from someone there. If their older games you want, then you could probably get two games at least. Just a thought...

COD2 - $13 used at GS. Fun game, can get frustrating in the higher difficulty.
GRAW - $10 used at GS. Excellent SP game. Was hooked.

[quote name='The Jones']In regards to uricmu's comment concerning Mass Effect, it's a very good game if you can withstand the length of an RPG. I haven't finished it yet. It's a nice concept of mixing a 3rd person shooter with the elements of an RPG. The storyline, in my opinion, is very detailed and complicated at times, but as the game goes on, it makes sense I'm sure. Just remember, it is apart of a trilogy I think.[/QUOTE]

that's the same line they passed on us for advent rising.

If you don't mind doing this you can get ghII for max $20 less than 10 if you choose other offers. Go to the free forum and do the free360 games deal. I did it and signed up for blockbuster online as I was going to do this anyways and I signed up for gamefly. It was 9.99 for a month of gamefly and then you cancel. BB is more but I was getting that anyways. The site is legite and I had ghII in 2-3 weeks of completing offers. It really is worth the hassle of signing up and then cancelling once you fullfill the terms of the offfer. Just pay attention to the terms. And do a fellow cag a fav and signup under one of their links.

Orange box is definately a great value

Pac Man: CE i've played more than any disc 360 game and am still playing this game is just amazing.

also if you can find crackdown for 20 or 25 i thought it was a ton of fun, and worth the 50 dollars i paid even without the halo 3 beta

I vote for puzzle quest on the XBLA, I have probably put 30 hours into this already......so addicting...

I think this is the #1 XBLA game too.l

I guess if you're looking purely for best awesome:price ratio, you can't do any better than Aegis Wing on XBLA since it's free.

Then again, Yaris is also free, and that has an awesome:price ratio of negative infinity:free.

And there's always old sports games, like last year's Madden or stuff like that. They're always cheap, but play basically the same as this year's game.

I was going to mention saints row but someone beat me to it. I got a copy of it from goozex. Also Fight Night Round 3 can be had for around 20 bucks, I'm not that into boxing but man this game is fun. its pretty good on-line as well.

Already mentioned, worth repeating: Oblivion. More hours of gameplay than you can shake a stick at. New, lower price.

I believe that you can also rent the game of the year edition and simply install all the add-ons to your hard drive, rather than having to buy that version outright.

Drop the money for COD4, you will be glad you did. It is the best game for 360 hands down... Or if you don't want to pay that much and want a FPS get Rainbow 6:Vegas.

As for Forza 2 and Marvel, Forza is pretty good and haven't played Marvel. Also, you may not be able to trade these in, due to the fact that sometimes it says on the case "Not for Resale" usually they won't hold you to it, but I did have it happen with ATV 2 on PS2.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Literally one of the greastest games ever made. Puzzle Quest on the arcade is better than 90% of the disc releases. Prey is awesome and cheap (~$20), as is Call of Duty 2, Quake IV, and Condemned. Enchanted Arms if you like traditional RPGs. It's much better than Blue Dragon. Of course Guitar Hero II and Rock Band. They're not cheap, but you sure as hell get more than your money's worth. Test Drive Unlimited is, IMO, still the best driving game on the system. Need for Speed Most Wanted is much better than either of the sequels, as you stated you like arcade racers. As for Forza and Marvel, both are awesome games and probably won't have resale/trade-in value for shit, simply because so many are being thrown out there for (sorta) free.

bread's done
Back