I'm looking to get screwed in an XBOX trade-in at EB or Gamestop.

Chuplayer

CAGiversary!
I didn't know exactly where to put this, being that I'm not requesting a deal per se, but I am requesting information. Anyway, here it goes...

How much can I expect to get at EB or Gamestop or Funco or whatever for my old used as heck XBOX? I want to get rid of it because it has the stupid Thompson drive, and it's been really ticking me off. I want to get rid of it while it's still considered functional. Then sometime in the spring when the system will probably be cheaper due to the 360, I'll pick up a new old-school XBOX.

I know I'm probably not going to like the amount you guys are going to tell me, but I just want to know. And I'm not looking for an exact figure. An estimate would be just as nice. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and I'm totally unimpressed by the 360, so don't say to get that instead. I might get one of those sometime in 2009 when they're $50, but not anytime sooner.

[quote name='Prepster']$75 for the xbox at ebgames[/QUOTE]

No way! That's actually more than I expected. I was expecting $50 or $60.

Anybody know about Gamestop? Are they more or less?

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Did they not tell you over the phone?[/QUOTE]

I've never actually done that before, but I've heard that they'll tell you to come to the store and ask because the prices are "always changing." With gas the way it is, I'm not doing any driving I don't need to. I'm such a hermit.

Well You can try calling. And if they do give you that answer, then askin us won't really do anythin'. Just a suggestion. You can ask them what the range is, if they do fluctuate, which i don't think happens much, but I never trade in systems so i dunno.

[quote name='RandomNPC']Or you could get around $100 or more on eBay for a used Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm lazy. I just want to offload it the easiest way I know how: selling it to some suckers at EB or Gamestop.

Right now EB is giving $30 extra if you trade in an Xbox and 3 non-excluded games. With that, it should put you well over $100.

bread's done
Back