I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot-can anyone confirm?

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have a 120GB HDMI Elite Xbox, and a 20GB (non-HDMI) Premium, or whatever they were called. Now I want the 4GB Slim, using the BB $50 giftcard to upgrade it to the 250GB.

Someone help justify this purchase for me (and keep my wife from beating me over the head with a wireless controller). I'm quite sure I'll feel like an idiot for having 3 Xboxs, but that Slim looks sexy!

I understand your situation, but stick with the one you have. I have three old school 360 and fought the urge to buy a slim for a long time. Eventually it went away.

So no, I don't think you are an idiot. New and shiny can get to anyone.

You ain't an idiot bro..it's just, however much money you have right now, don't buy it. You probably have your current 360 covered under warranty, and unless it RLOD's on you, don't buy it. Besides, you can invest this money on new games or a PS3.

If you get the slim be prepared to dust that thing every 10 minutes. The thing is beyond a dust magnet. And also if you even think about putting your finger near the power or eject button it sill activate it.

If you must have the Slim model, sell the two you should have enough to buy a 250 GB Slim.

[quote name='musha666']And also if you even think about putting your finger near the power or eject button it sill activate it.
[/QUOTE]

this annoys me greatly

I would like to submit myself for idiot status. I can not figure out the proper way to apply 3ds screen protectors. They claim to be easy but with 1500 layers of plastic and no indictation of which side is the adhesive side I f*** up the application every mother f***ing time.

[quote name='tbassett']I would like to submit myself for idiot status. I can not figure out the proper way to apply 3ds screen protectors. They claim to be easy but with 1500 layers of plastic and no indictation of which side is the adhesive side I f*** up the application every mother f***ing time.[/QUOTE]

thread hijacker?

idiot status granted

I upgraded to a slim when it came out with that gamestop trade in. I had my 360 since like 2008 [I brought it in t Best buy 3-4 times because they all had issues] because of that they kept screwing up and giving me a free controller] Basically I got to trade up for the slim for free.

I only did it because I was afraid of the RROD and apparently the slim is anti RROD, has wireless built into it (I didn't have the wireless adapter) I get a new warranty, and it uses a lot less electricity than the older versions. So in the long run I ended up saving a lot of money because I was close to buying the wireless router and saving on electricity.

Basically if it won't cost you much I'd say get the slim.

[quote name='musha666']If you get the slim be prepared to dust that thing every 10 minutes. The thing is beyond a dust magnet. And also if you even think about putting your finger near the power or eject button it sill activate it.[/QUOTE]
That's how the fat model PS3's were. Soon as you would put your finger anywhere near the power button it'd turn on and that shiny black finish was a total dust magnet.:cry:

Of course, the slims aren't much better. All PS3's have a ginormous fan in the base of the console, thus making it suck in tons of dust while expelling the warm/hot air from inside the console. So even if the exterior of the console may appear dust free the interior is most likely dusty as hell.:cry:

This thread is funny, I don't really think anyone is an idiot here, but Micro$hit didn't help. lol

I'd like to include my friend though. He has a 2yr old 360 elite he now has to "cook" his before he can use it. He recently need to "cook on high" before playing.

At least one good thing about consoles this gen, you can get double use outta them. They function as heater and gaming console.;)

I know my 40gb PS3 I used to have made my room about 2-5* warmer when I was playing it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At least one good thing about consoles this gen, you can get double use outta them. They function as heater and gaming console.;)

I know my 40gb PS3 I used to have made my room about 2-5* warmer when I was playing it.[/QUOTE]

in the colder winter months, i used to use my 360 as a heater. i'd dl a demo or 2 and just walk away to come back to a toasty room. in the summer though, it can be a bit of a problem :/

Haha. Do what I did OP. If you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE IT, trade your 360 consoles in towards the purchase of a slim.

Just a heads up, but the 4GB Slim model actually has a matte finish instead of a glossy finish. So if you're worried about fingerprints and massive amounts of dust collecting you might want to get the 4GB model.

[quote name='The 7th Number']well if he buys another 360, to give him 3, he could make a cool youtube video like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1jB4hVJRg[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha!!! I have no idea how I missed this video until now...Thanks for posting - that made my night!!!

I agree with the assessment that the OP should sell the first two 360's and use the money towards the Slim. I would add to it that if you keep an eye out there will surely be a sweet deal out there where you can get the Slim for a discounted rate (maybe stack coupons or deals or trade-ins, gift cards, etc?). Bundle that "deal" with selling your other systems and you can upgrade and keep the woman happy...or at least leave her without valid grounds to defend her criticism :)

You could say it's quieter and has better energy efficiency. My HDMI Arcade was pretty loud when i played a game, but half the time I forget my slim is even on.

Alright, thanks for the advice and encouraging me to wait it out. I think the hair up my ass to get a new one must have fallen out. If one of my 360's dies, maybe I'll take the plunge, but no point now.

Emergency avoided, hehe.

bread's done
Back