I'm really getting tired of these staggered releases!

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
I want my Stranglehold in AUGUST, not September! While I am glad we have a solid date for the game, I am tired of 360 getting titles before us...they get it August 28th...

I don't do much ranting on here, but the fact that I have to wait yet another month for this game sucks balls...

OH WELL Stranglehold Sept 20th for anyone interested....

wow i didn't even notice that it was delayed for ps3. oh well, I can't afford this game yet anyway and I want the ps3 version for the special edition. So this isn't too big of a deal for me. But yeah, I am a bit tired of these ps3 delays on multiplatform games...

It's an U3 Engine game, that's why. Many devs are having problems getting the engine to work on PS3 effectively. That is why Sony is working with Epic right now to make sure the engine runs on PS3 efficiently. Remember, before Gears came out on 360, there were UE3 problems, but ever since Gears has been released, using the engine on 360 is no longer an issue.

There have been issues with 360 games too... the Silicon Knights game... uhm... oh whatever that was called... is having Unreal Engine issues too on the 360... mostly the developers (so far SK, but others have expressed issues and most games that use Epic's engine are having delays... on both platforms) So much so that SK is suing Epic. Granted it's a bit of he-said she-said, but the list of Unreal Engine games and their delays seems to add credence to SK's claims.

The SK suit alleges that Epic spent so much time tweaking Gears to work... and work "well", the actual engine suffered, and support was squat, because since Epic wasn't their own licensee, they gave preference to their Gears output rather than addressing other issues that people had with the engine (tools, etc.)

So it remains to be seen how much this affects all releases, not just PS3. We'll see how it shakes out, but the delays of most all the Unreal engine games makes me wonder a bit too.

One month isn't so bad, really. It's nearly a simultaneous release... :)

[quote name='guyver2077']cant wait for aug 28 :)[/quote]Guess you'll be missing out on the HD transfer of Hard Boiled, long out of print on DVD and laserdisc that's on the PS3 edition?

To anyone that has both systems, it's really a no brainer which version to get.

EDIT: It's the Criterion editon that is out of print.
Damn, whey are they going to release HD material... can't wait.

[quote name='dallow']

To anyone that has both systems, it's really a no brainer which version to get.

EDIT: It's the Criterion editon that is out of print.
Damn, whey are they going to release HD material... can't wait.[/quote]

lmao.. we will see.. i could care less about extras... but following the recent trend of 3rd party ps3/360 games, id be suprised if the final game runs as good as the 360 one..

does this game have an online mode?

[quote name='guyver2077']lmao.. we will see.. i could care less about extras... but following the recent trend of 3rd party ps3/360 games, id be suprised if the final game runs as good as the 360 one..

does this game have an online mode?[/quote]Extras? It's an HD movie!
A damn cool Hong Kong action one at that. And the game is basically the sequel to it.
One of Woo's finest.

There are non-gamers on the AV forum getting it ONLY for the movie.

[quote name='CHARYODA']Does anyone know if you have to buy the special edition to get Hard Boiled?

Just wondering if I could save an easy $10.[/quote]Yup, you do.
Still a deal compared to if you were to buy them seperately.

Personally, my main incentive to get this game is the movie, as the game doesn't seem that great to me.

the title of this thread should be "Stranglehold delayed until September"

oh well. it gives me more time to put into NG Sigma and Lair.

bread's done
Back