I'm setting up a second PS4; Can I use the same PSN accounts? Will they have access to the same content?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hello all,

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nasuem across the PS3/PS4/PS Vita threads but I really only have a basic understanding of how the accounts and systems works and I need to figure this out sooner rather then later (not enough time for reasearch; my apologies)

I bought a second PS4 and want to set it up this weekend for use next week when I'm on vacation. My current PS4 has two PSN accounts tied to it, mine and my girlfriends.

My girlfriend likes to accumulate trophies so we log in and play on her account by default every time the system is turned on. This means she has most of the game save data tied to her ID.

I really don't do much on my account my anymore.

We only have a few digital games and they are also tied to her account.

My questions are this:

Can I use the same PSN accounts on both systems? Will I have access to the same game saves and game files? Apps?

Will it automatically sync or will I have to manually download everything again?

Will I run into any complications if say I log into account "A" on PlayStation "1" and someone logs into account "A" on PlayStation "2" at the same time?

Yes you can use the same PSN accounts without restriction on up to two PS4 systems.  You can have the same access to the game saves if you're a PS+ member at least.  I'm not sure how it works for members that are non-PS+ since I think the cloud service is only for PS+ members only. 

You have to manually download the files.  Upload from system #1 then download from system #2. 

You cannot log into the same PS account at the same time.  Whichever first logged into the account will get kicked.  In your example, account A on system #1 will get booted once system #2 logs in.

Hopefully that answers your questions in time.  Essentially what you need to do is upload your system 1 files before you leave for vacation.

Wait what? 

I do not believe you can have 2 PS4s active on the same 1 PSN Account. 

You must deactivate 1 PS4 to use the other.

Deactivate = Cannot access/play content attached to the PSN Account.

Not sure where Donut got his info. but yes you COULD have 2 PS4s activated, but Sony changed that sometime mid 2015.

My wife and I have 2 ps4s, and both ps4s have access to the content on my account, I just can't be logged into both ps4s with my account at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back