I'm so Pi$$ed at Extended Stay America!!!

gokou36

CAGiversary!
So I was working around the San Fran Area and stayed at Extended Stay America in Dublin. The market for my company ended so I booked a flight on October 31st and flew out the next day. I talked with a girl that night about checking out and she told me i'd be refunded the days i'm not there and just leave the keys in the room because they do not open at 6a.m. in the morning.

Fast forward a week and i'm not refunded and I was charged for THIS whole week as well. I called them up talking with some other lady who says i'm booked til the 24th because I didn't check out(bs since I did) and that I had clothes in the room which again is BS, I took all my belongings. I told her the girl told me to leave the keys in the room and that lady said I wasn't suppose to do that.

So I spoke with the girl who was suppose to check me out yesterday and she said the manager is looking into it and would give me a call tomorrow and I told her to tell the manager that she told me to leave the keys in the room.

I didn't receive a call today, so I called the manager. She tells me that I didn't check out and that the girl said that she never told me to leave the keys in the room! How BS is that? So I told the manager I have proof that i'm not in freakin California right now and emailed her my plane ticket and had my sister fax her a letter saying I was at the dental clinic. Which I was, I had 2 teeth pulled that day, 5 whole week, 4 were wisdom teeth.

After I emailed and faxed them I called them back and person on the phone says Manager is busy with another guest........i'm gonna assume they did this on purpose to screw me.

I'm about to call Bank of America and dispute the charges. My question is, who all has tried disputing charges and did you get your money back? What are my odds of getting refunded?

UPDATE : I had to call them back because they didn't return my call after an hour, then said they'd call me back in 5-10mins which they did. They then said they would refund this week I was charged for. I tell them no, you owe me $315 this week AND $225 last week because they charged me full last week and I only stayed there 2 days. I kept telling the manager about it and she said we already refunded $180 for you which i never saw in statement and i told her that i told the lady yesterday to not refund anything until i get it straightened which she said ok to. Manager got mad and told me don't tell me, the manager, how to run my business. I kept telling her that i was charged 2 weeks, thats more than 7 days. She got mad and said "You know what, i'm just going to charge you because you didn't return the keys to front desk". So I told her ok, i'll just call my bank, then I hung up.

So afterwards I called my bank and disputed it. Then I talked with my sister and then she called the Extended Stay America to see what was going on and NOW they tell her that they refunded $490 which is still bs because they owe me $540. They told her they charged me an extra day because I did not check out and that I call yesterday. Hello its been a damn week and I checked out THAT nite, how do you only charge me for 1 day extra when I called yesterday to complain. I guess they were scared of the bank or something.

I advise everyone to stay the hell away from Extended Stay America in Dublin California, their internet sucks and they cheat people. And if you stay in Hotel/Motel, either pay cash or do not let them authorize your account without permission.

I was going to suggest you dispute the charges, so you're on the right track as far as I'm concerned.

I think you have a good chance of 'winning' the dispute but I obviously don't know for sure. The nice thing is once you file the dispute your CC company takes over and you don't have to fool with it any longer.

I've disputed a charge once in the past. A restaurant double charged me. Once for the bill amount, the 2nd time for my bill amount plus the tip amount (that I authorized, nothing hinky there.) I called my CC about it and told them I wanted to dispute the 1st charge (amount w/o the tip) and it seemed clear to me it was an obvious case of an accidental double charge. It was credited to my account (but they credited the 2nd amount w/ the tip :roll: ) and took a good 2 months before it was finally taken off my statements. (They did eventually get it right and charge me for the tip.)

Hmmm, well, between the wife and I, we've disputed 2 charges, and won both of them. I think you have a decent chance to get a lot of your money back.

You can easily prove that you weren't there. Even if you checked out wrong (which I know you didn't, but hard to prove), it seems rediculous to charge you that much. An extra day maybe, but not for over a week.

Call up and dispute the charges. I think you have a good case.

You have a good chance of getting your $$ back through the bank. But with EA? If I remember correctly, when I stayed with them once, they only clean a couple times a week, so it could conceivably be days before anyone found the keys. I checked out early and had to slip the key under the front window.

You might try calling their corporate office and faxing a copy of your plane ticket to them.

[quote name='CitizenB']dispute the charge, I've never been in a hotel were you didn't have to go to the front desk to check out.[/quote]

Comfort Inns .. just leave the key cards in the room is all you have to do. And as for the OPs dilemma ..that hotel must be pretty stupid for not being able to figure out you were gone. At the Comfort Inn I worked in we had quite a few rooms that were used by a certain group of company guests that had to stay for like 3+ months at a time. If one of our cleaning people noticed for two consecutive days that the room wasnt used they'd alert the front desk staff.

[quote name='Maklershed']Comfort Inns .. just leave the key cards in the room is all you have to do.[/QUOTE]

and a short note apologizing for the dead hooker.

[quote name='CitizenB']dispute the charge, I've never been in a hotel were you didn't have to go to the front desk to check out.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, it wasn't a hotel, more like motel. Nobody is at front desk at 6a.m. in the morning thats why the girl who freakin lied, told me to just leave the key in the room.

[quote name='Maklershed']Comfort Inns .. just leave the key cards in the room is all you have to do. And as for the OPs dilemma ..that hotel must be pretty stupid for not being able to figure out you were gone. At the Comfort Inn I worked in we had quite a few rooms that were used by a certain group of company guests that had to stay for like 3+ months at a time. If one of our cleaning people noticed for two consecutive days that the room wasnt used they'd alert the front desk staff.[/QUOTE]

They said there were clothes in the room so they assumed we were still there. Like I said we took all our belongings so they tried to lie their way. Same way with when they had some african-american guy walking around checking to see if people are still there or checked out, we've came back to our room THREE times and the door was left open. They tried to tell us that they don't have any keys because we took 2 of them and nobody else could get into our room. We told them that the 2nd time and threatened to sue them on the 3rd time if it ever happens again.

[quote name='gokou36']Thing is, it wasn't a hotel, more like motel. Nobody is at front desk at 6a.m. in the morning thats why the girl who freakin lied, told me to just leave the key in the room. [/QUOTE]

I see, just dispute the charge. Call and bitch to people in their corporate offices. Something will turn your way.

bread's done
Back