I'm starting a CAG MLB 2k7 League, 1600 MS points to the winner to keep it active

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
If you AREN'T GOING TO BE ACTIVE THIS SUMMER, PLEASE DON'T JOIN!

I realize this has been attempted twice now I believe on CAG, but I'm hoping that with the 1600 MS points to give away, it will be active.

If you join and play, and realize you aren't gonna make the end of the league into the playoffs to get the 1600 points and just quit on the league, I won't let you enter any more leagues I run with prizes. I just want a realistic, fun league. Play out your games.

I wanna start up a league to get a good community here with people that play the game.

I'd also like to be the commish of this league because if you look at all the leagues on 2ksports.com, they have some kickass stats, and you can write stories and such. Since I'm studying in Journalism (minor) I think this would be a perfect thing for me to do during the summer. I'd love the feedback from you guys for this as well, when I write these.

What I'm talking about is a league like this:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=127633

You can write your own stories on the league and such. It sounds fun, and I want to make it fun. Maybe have interviews with managers (you guys), Power Rankings, and news stories every day or every other day if I can.

What I see most people don't understand about this game is that it's not that great out of the box, but once you find a great set of sliders the game is definitely a worthwhile purchase and makes the game 10x better. So if you have any input on a set of sliders to use for the league, I'm all for that. I have a few in mind but I'll let some other people give their opinions as well.

I've only played this game online once or twice (I'm more of a single player, GM Career guy), I can't get into it online but a good active league with some people I know will definitely change that.

What I have to give is a 1600 Microsoft point card to the winner of the league. Maybe two of them, we'll see. Second place would probably get 200 MS points or something.

So, I'm here to start the sign-up process. I hope we can at least get 10-15 people who will remain active in the league.

If this ends up pretty popular, I might do this with all sports games. Get a CAG league and give away 1600 points, or maybe a game or two down the line. Who knows.

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME IN THE PAST WEEK OR TWO, CHANCES ARE YOU AREN'T GONNA BE ACTIVE WITH THE LEAGUE. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME JOINING!

After we get the number of teams and owners, I'll set up the league. Give me any suggestions or comments, such as sliders, rules, etc. Thanks.

1. Philadelphia Phillies - Flyersfan
2. Chicago Cubs - MrBaseball2710
3. San Diego Padres - SocalKicks *
4. Tampa Bay Devil Rays - NinjaPenguin777
5. St. Louis Cardinals - Prowl (via PM)
6. Seattle Mariners - WinnemuccaRyles
7. Boston Red Sox - JimmieMac
8. New York Mets - One Love 1997
9. Cincinnati Reds - Graystone33
10. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - jtkelly86 (via PM)

*May Not Be Available

I've been dying for this. I tried the first one, and was too late for the second.
I will stay active

I'd like to be the Cubs.

GT:MrBaseball2710

edit: Also, I think we should bring it down to 8 teams. That way it stays more active. Maybe a 14 or 21 game season plus playoffs.

I'll decide on that soon, the way I'm looking to see if you are active is basically checking your GT on Xbox.com, seeing when you last played MLB 2k7, and seeing when you last logged onto your 360. I'll know how active you can be by that.

We'll see how many replies we get and how active it looks some of these players can be. If it looks like only 8 will be active, I'll go with that.

I am definitely interested in getting into your league. Before my 360 broke down (About a month ago or so), I was playing this game every day, multiple times in franchise mode. I called M$ for repairs last thursday, so I would hope to have my 360 back in action before this league started up.

If I could get in, I would love to take the Padres.
GT: SocalKicks

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I am definitely interested in getting into your league. Before my 360 broke down (About a month ago or so), I was playing this game every day, multiple times in franchise mode. I called M$ for repairs last thursday, so I would hope to have my 360 back in action before this league started up.

If I could get in, I would love to take the Padres.
GT: SocalKicks[/quote]

I'll put you in now but I don't know if you'll be back in action with your 360 before the league starts, I'm thinking of having the draft this upcoming Sunday (we'll vote on it when we get more people to join) and then the league would start after that. I may push it back a week or two depending on how fast we get people to join and if they want to wait an extra week since I know finals are coming up for some people these next few weeks. If someone drops out or anything during the league you could probably take over (I'm hoping NO ONE drops out, however).

I'm probably going to do a second league after this one if its successful, which I hope it will be. So if you don't get in this one, I'll put you in for the second one.

I would join and stay if we had custom sliders. I didnt finish the other league b/c the normal sliders are ridiculously unrealistic.

I would want the Devil Rays. Im all for a Fantasy Draft

[quote name='slickkill77']I would join and stay if we had custom sliders. I didnt finish the other league b/c the normal sliders are ridiculously unrealistic.

I would want the Devil Rays. Im all for a Fantasy Draft[/quote]

Got a suggestion for the sliders?

I did say we would use custom sliders, and I have a set that I use, but I'd like to get some other opinions. I use THESE SLIDERS, but there may be a more popular one out there, I'm not sure. Again, I like these sliders but the majority of the league may not.

If you made your own sliders, you don't have to post them, but if your using one from a site like OperationSports or something that someone made, send me a link or copy and paste them here.

I've never been in a league before, but I'm guessing you can use the Inside Edge stuff online? If you can, I'd want it off, not sure what you guys would want. I'd also want it set to payoff pitching instead of zone pitching, and I'd like it to be a swing stick league, but if the majority wants to use classic then I guess we will use that.

We would be using a 5 man rotation, none of that switching between your 2 best pitchers.

good luck, though I am staying out. Mine was running smoothly and got some good games in the first week, but it just fell off.

And I agree the setup on 2k.com is awesome I tried setting up a trading block thread on the site and such, but it just wasn't happening. I may join in actually now that I have started thinking about it.

I'll take the Mariners.

[quote name='mr ryles']good luck, though I am staying out. Mine was running smoothly and got some good games in the first week, but it just fell off.[/quote]

Thanks!

I just want this to be successful, and I feel it's easier now to do it then it is when the game first comes out. I can see who has played it lately and who logs onto their 360 frequently to know if they will be active.

Plus, 2k sports has some amazing setup for its leagues. The stats and everything makes it look like it could be fun.

I have not played the game lately do do my obsession of guitar hero (3 songs to go) but I will be active.

Also, I use classic hitting.

Once you guys decide on the sliders, I'll take a look and seriously consider this. I traded away my copy but I plan on picking this up again, to give it another shot. LMK what you were thinking in terms of deadlines.

[quote name='lurknomore']Once you guys decide on the sliders, I'll take a look and seriously consider this. I traded away my copy but I plan on picking this up again, to give it another shot. LMK what you were thinking in terms of deadlines.[/quote]

I was thinking we'd have the draft this Sunday (if we get enough people in the league). And the league would start after that. I realize this may be a problem for some of the guys since Final Exams are coming up for a lot of people in College/High School, so we may have to push it back a week or two. I'll have a definite answer by Friday, though.

[quote name='lordwow']I'd love to join, but I'm too cheap to buy this game for $60 :([/quote]

I saw a CAG selling it for a price of $35 i believe in the Trading forum earlier, you may want to check around in there :D

[quote name='lordwow']I'd love to join, but I'm too cheap to buy this game for $60 :([/quote]

I saw a CAG selling it for a price of $35 i believe in the Trading forum earlier, you may want to check around in there :D

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']Please don't do a draft. Leave the teams as they are![/quote]

We'll vote on it to see what the majority wants once we get some more people.

Speaking of that, I see MLB 2k7 in a lot of gamercards here on CAG. C'mon, you know you wanna join :cool:

Here me out on the draft.

We have 15 teams, 15 people, living in several timezones. There is no way that we would ever get everyone to draft at once. Then people don't like there teams and the league is innactive.

yes don't do the draft, and as far as sliders I would suggest we do them. I have found a good set on gamefaqs that works good.

I don't know if a prize is something that will keep people interested, espically for the people that are out of contention as the season comes to a close....I am not sure how it works, but I hear scott rubin on all gamers interactive talk about his league a fair amount. They required everyone to put $10 down to play in the league...You would get your money back based on the fact that you take place in your schedule game each week.

A few things:

Sliders: I have never used sliders, but I would have nothing against trying them.

Teams: since the interest does not seem high enough to get 15 teams we should bring it down to 8. That way we are not trying to recruit guys that weren't willing to join on there own meaning they probably won't be active. It will be much easier to maintain with eight teams and still plenty of fun.

[quote name='ryanbph']I don't know if a prize is something that will keep people interested, espically for the people that are out of contention as the season comes to a close....I am not sure how it works, but I hear scott rubin on all gamers interactive talk about his league a fair amount. They required everyone to put $10 down to play in the league...You would get your money back based on the fact that you take place in your schedule game each week.[/quote]

Well, this is CAG. I don't know how many people would be willing to put money into it.

Ok, we won't do a draft if that's what you guys want. And I'll bring it down to 8 people, unless we get a sudden boom of activity between now and Friday. I won't be on much from now until Friday (work related) so that's why I'm saying that.

I'll give it a shot. I want the Reds.

But not to be "Mr. Negative" this ones going to die like all the rest. lets hope your prize, and the 2k website keeps this one going.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Well, this is CAG. I don't know how many people would be willing to put money into it.

Ok, we won't do a draft if that's what you guys want. And I'll bring it down to 8 people, unless we get a sudden boom of activity between now and Friday. I won't be on much from now until Friday (work related) so that's why I'm saying that.[/quote]

true to a point..it was only $10, and if they show up for all the games they get it back...I would be less likely to skip a week if I had money that I would lose...it was just a thought

[quote name='ryanbph']true to a point..it was only $10, and if they show up for all the games they get it back...I would be less likely to skip a week if I had money that I would lose...it was just a thought[/quote]

The more I think about that, the more I like the idea. It would require everyone in the league to have paypal, however. I'm gonna send out a PM to everyone in the league to see if they have it and would be willing to send in $10 or $5.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']new york yankees, ill play[/quote]

You don't have MLB 2k7 in your gamertag.

I was thinking a 10 man league, 6 teams make playoffs.

Sound good to you guys? Or should I make it 4/8 teams make playoffs?

What intervals would you like? 7 days, 4 days, 3 days?

EDIT* Only 4 or 8 teams can make the playoffs. We'll try to get 12 people in to make it more fair, if not I'll make adjustments. Unless we want a 10 man league with 4 in the playoffs.

I may be down for playing if 1) you need another player to fill out 12 teams....and if it is set for every 7 days...too bad jimmiemac took the redsox...

if you need another player I am good with clevand indians

My fucking 360 got the red ring of lights when I turned it on today, right in time for Forza 2 and the Halo 3 beta (though I can still go over my buddys house and recover my gamertag for that, I suppose). It's nothing to do with the modded consoles because I'm not getting an error message, and my 360 isn't even modded. fuck. fuck. I was playing CoD2 and it came up with dirty disc error's twice and then when i turned my 360 off and back on, BAM, 3 red lights.

I think I'm still under warranty.

I'm VERY sorry about the league, I wanted it to start this weekend, on Sunday. fuck. Sorry guys.

I'm just a little bit angry right now.

[quote name='Flyersfan']My fucking 360 got the red ring of lights when I turned it on today, right in time for Forza 2 and the Halo 3 beta (though I can still go over my buddys house and recover my gamertag for that, I suppose). It's nothing to do with the modded consoles because I'm not getting an error message, and my 360 isn't even modded. fuck. fuck. I was playing CoD2 and it came up with dirty disc error's twice and then when i turned my 360 off and back on, BAM, 3 red lights.

I think I'm still under warranty.

I'm VERY sorry about the league, I wanted it to start this weekend, on Sunday. fuck. Sorry guys.

I'm just a little bit angry right now.[/QUOTE]

Its alright. You try the towel trick?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tvXu34T8Q[/MEDIA]

Remember its only a temporary solution to a perament problem.

Flyers fan, update us on your 360 asap. I will take over as the commisioner if nobody else wants to and if Flyers fan cannot still do it, though we won't have a prize unless flyers fan donates it.

I was just over my neighbors house, he told me about the towel trick. I'll go try it after I eat dinner.

I'll update you on my 360 when I can.

hey guys,
I am going to start a league with a new thread so that I can edit the first post and what not. PLEASE FIND THE NEW THREAD AND JOIN, there will be 8 spots.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']hey guys,
I am going to start a league with a new thread so that I can edit the first post and what not. PLEASE FIND THE NEW THREAD AND JOIN, there will be 8 spots.[/QUOTE]

link?

bread's done
Back