I'm thinking of getting a PS3 ...

BoneMonkey80

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I haven't been interested in the ps3 this gen and im been happy with my xbox 360 BUT today at E3 they announced TWISTED METAL one of my favorite games of ALL TIME!

So now I need a ps3 and im thinking of selling some of my old xbox games to lessen the cost of a PS3 BUT I'm having a hard time decideing if I should or keep my games and just save up for a PS3

I have

Assassin's Creed 1+2
Bioshock 1+2
Bayonetta
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Fable 1 +2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto ballad of gay Tony
Fallout GOTY edition
Halo 1 +2+3+wars+ODST
Dragon Age
Dragon Age awakenings
Mass Effect 1+2
Gears Of War 1+2
Oblivion Elder Scrolls 4
Red Dead Redemption

Which games should I get rid of which should I keep for my collection OR should I sell no games and just wait longer to buy a ps3

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']my friend says I should sell them all I don't know why im keeping them I doubt they will be worth money in the future right?[/QUOTE]
Probably not worth anything much in the future. Last week would've been a great time to trade them in at gamestop, but you could still sell them privately.

I struggle with parting with non-sports games personally.

Yea, I used to keep all my games, but I don't ever really go back to playing them once I'm done. Unless it holds a fond memory for you, just sell them all if you've finish playing them. But then, if the only game you're waiting for is Twisted Metal, you could wait for that to come out instead of buying now.

Games you aren't going to play again/have no reason to:

Assassin's Creed 1+2
Dead Space
Dead Rising
ODST
Bayonetta
Bioshock 1+2

I personally only keep games that mean a lot to me or I play them regularly. So it's really your call.

If Twisted Metal is the only game you're looking forward to, you have plenty of time to decide and budget yourself.

I would have to say one game cpuldnt sell me a system. If thats the only gme you are interested in I think you should just wait, it could be a bomb out of the gate. Personally I prefer the Duel Shock to the 360 controler (I know, minority on that one) so the PS3 wins on that, but to behonest i pick most muti-platform games up for the 360 as if my blows (360's never do that, right?) you can pick anotehr up for $100 flat. Also I buy almost all my games used (Ebay, half.com, etc..) compare Fallout for the 360 and PS3 on ebay, the 360 version alwasy goes for $5-10 less then the PS3 version.. simple economics for me.

But of all the games I have bought (both systems, like a 180 for 360 and 30-40 for the PS3) i play (or played) Demons Souls, Valkyrai Chronicls, Little Big Planet, the most with one 360 game EDF2017 (i know people think its shlock, i love it) The Wii has alot of shovelware, the 360/ps3 has alot of FPS shovelware.

just keep the games... you aren't going to get that much for them... I'd start saving for the PS3. Or... just sale the ones that you KNOW you don't need to play anymore. For Dead rising.. you'd probably get 2-3 dollars... so it may be more worth it just to keep the games.

yeah sell the games you don't play anymore all they are doing is collecting dust... even if you weren't saving for a PS3 wouldn't you rather have cash? don't take them to gamestop though sell them on CL or ebay thats what i do.

Imo, sell
Assassin's Creed 1+2
Bioshock 1+2
Bayonetta
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Fallout GOTY edition
Halo 1 +2+3
Dragon Age
Dragon Age awakenings
Mass Effect 1+2
Gears Of War 1
Oblivion Elder Scrolls 4

Don't get me wrong, I love the heck out of Assassin's creed 1+2, but they don't have too much replay value. Just have a lowball, you should be able to get atleast $100 for all these games.

bread's done
Back