Immigration bill would provide Amnesty to parents and children of illegal immigrants

KrAzY3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.redstate.com/stories/fea...grant_amnesty_to_parents_spouses_and_children
Multiple sources on Capitol Hill with knowledge of the proposal said Sen. Teddy Kennedy (D.-Mass.) has been able to extract significant concessions from Republicans. The critical part of the deal is a lengthy section that spells out the provisions related to “Z” visas -- or what my sources described as the “Amnesty Title” of the bill. The “Z” visas would be broken down into three categories as follows:

Z-1 -- Illegal alien present and working in the United States up to January 1, 2007
Z-2 -- Parents and spouses of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category
Z-3 -- Children of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category

I've heard it mentioned before that providing amnesty to the 10 million+ illegal immigrants would open the door for their parents and so on to immigrate (of course flooding our already strained social security programs and so on, adding millions of social dependants) but as of yet I haven't seen any indication that this was going to be part of the legislation.

You do the math. Estimates of illegal immigrants range from 10 to 20 million. If you allow ONLY their parents to immigrate you reach a number that easily approaches 30 million. If you factor in the fact that many are working here without their family you have a number that has to be around 40 million. Does anyone grasp the strain on our social programs not to mention our culture as a whole. Do we even understand the strain that tens of millions of people who suddenly are entitled to public school, medicare will cause?

Furthermore, this will not and can not be a one time thing. If we allow this to happen, our entire democracy will be altered. We will have tens of millions of people who will then use their vote to not only control how our country is run, but of course to see to it that their friends and other relatives have a easy pathway to citizenship in America. The only end I see for this is for America to become indistinguishable from it's souther neighbors. Is this the reality we want?

I am pro-immigration, my wife is a immigrant (and happens to be a victim of our inept immigration system). However, what we are doing by condoning the illegal immigration of people almost exclusively from one part of the world is spitting in the face of the over 12 million people a year who attempt to legally immigration from other parts of the world. There is a reason people are coming from Central and South America to immigrate to America. It is because their countries are poorly run and managed. America is a melting pot, we are not here to take the unemployed from a couple of countries. However, this is what we are on the verge of doing. We are on the verge of changing our country into something entirely different. Something that is beholden to the neighbors form the south while continuing to turn away the many well educated people from all over the world that wish to integrate into our culture.

America is on the verge of becoming a hell of a lot more like Mexico and I can't see how that's a good thing, people leave there for a reason...

What is shocking to me is that I never once heard anyone ask, what is Mexico doing to control the borders and what are they doing to fix the problems with there country.

We are taking all the heat. Why do millions of people try and leave Mexico every year.There goverment has to answer those questions.Stop Blaming us
and look in the mirror.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Stop Blaming us
and look in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Who is blaming America for causing illegal immigration from Mexico?

[quote name='mykevermin']Huh? Who is blaming America for causing illegal immigration from Mexico?[/QUOTE]

Sadly some people do. America is the cause of all the problems in the world, don't you know that?

I'm not surprised. Big business (Repubs) wants the cheap labor, and Demos want the welfare-state voting block, so they'll both win. And the rest of us will get it up the ass.

[quote name='KrAzY3']. Does anyone grasp the strain on our social programs not to mention our culture as a whole. Do we even understand the strain that tens of millions of people who suddenly are entitled to public school, medicare will cause? [/QUOTE]
Not that I agree with illegal immigration necessarily... but if we can buy a civil war in Iraq, we can do anything.
I think in every thread in the VS forum, I'll just use that answer.

1. Boarder needs to be secured by both sides.
2. Fair legalization/naturalization to those who have lived here and worked here long and have been paying taxes and living a normal healthy life.
3. Gradually, not all at once. More stable working families contributing to every facet of the country can only strengthen the economy.

I realize the details are what we can't agree on but we have to start somewhere.

Jumping the boarder is breaking the law, no argument here, but it shouldn’t be one that can't be forgiven. There are worse things in this world that go unpunished.

bread's done
Back