Immortal Defense Pay What You Want Sale

[quote name='Casteor']Not even for free. I was watching the gameplay and I was turned off.[/QUOTE]

Just youtubed it. I gotta agree.

I bought Immortal Defense back when they had it on sale for $2. Very good tower defense game. I've been playing a lot of tower defense games recently...Pixeljunk Monsters, Defense Grid, Immortal Defense and Plants vs. Zombies and Immortal Defense is getting the most of my time lately. The character portraits are a bit cheesy looking but besides that I can't find any faults with the game. And definitely don't judge the game on youtube videos only.

I'd personally rank them in the following order:

Pixeljunk Monsters
Defense Grid/Immortal Defense (Tie)
Plants vs. Zombies

I'm as cheap err...frugal as they come and this game is definitely worth at least $10.

There's a demo on the game's main page. I remember trying it a while ago and it wasn't that bad, just not really worth whatever they were selling it for at the time (and this was when it was 50% off or something). Yeah, it's yet another tower defense game but in an interesting shape, and has decent music. I might drop a dollar or so on it.

This is an excellent game and the developer rightly deserves to be supported. The people who haven't played it and are judging solely by youtube are plainly ignorant, I'm afraid - you owe it to yourself to try this game, especially considering you can pay as little as you want. I'm not normally a tower defence fan, but this game had me hooked, especially with the surprisingly interesting plot and lengthy campaign.

Threw a penny at it to demo the full thing to figure out what I want to spend, but didn't get a download link. Not sure if I'll get an email to my Paypal account later or what.

From their page:

"Note: Keep in mind that PayPal takes a minimum of $0.31 as a fee for every transaction, so I encourage at least enough to cover that amount, or else nothing will get through to us"

just a note, squee: you're supposed to click 'continue' after you donate, to be taken to the download page. if you didn't realize you had to do that, or it if didn't show up, email me and i'll send you the link directly.

sweet, will be getting this! thanks OP!

EDIT: rinkuhero: I think they have to hit "Return to Donation Coordinator", there is no Continue button. I didn't at first and was confused, luckily I went back and was able to get there.

ah, thanks -- i'll make a note of that on the page

they actually didn't let me buy it from myself so i couldn't test how it works (stupid paypal) :(

This is an excellent, memorable game for story gamers such as myself. It's easily got one of the five most meaningful stories in games.

[quote name='Arcturiang']This is an excellent, memorable game for story gamers such as myself. It's easily got one of the five most meaningful stories in games.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

p.s. i'm in new jersey too :D

I dropped them the same amount as I did for World of Goo. I hope more people keep up the pay what you want model for their older games.

[quote name='Casteor']Not even for free. I was watching the gameplay and I was turned off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have to agree I like Tower Defense games but damn now I know how CoCo felt when Bruno taped her.....:cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='rinkuhero']ah, thanks -- i'll make a note of that on the page

they actually didn't let me buy it from myself so i couldn't test how it works (stupid paypal) :([/QUOTE]

I'll drop a couple bucks just because someone that worked on the game visited us here on CaG.

[quote name='rinkuhero']thanks!

p.s. i'm in new jersey too :D[/QUOTE]
Hit me up if either of your composers die in a composing accident or something. ;)

Oh wow, just got to check it out, freaking amazing! I don't really know what I'm doing, I intend to read all about it though, but it was fun and the visuals were unreal. Good work man!

[quote name='rinkuhero']just a note, squee: you're supposed to click 'continue' after you donate, to be taken to the download page. if you didn't realize you had to do that, or it if didn't show up, email me and i'll send you the link directly.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that was dumb of me. Thanks.

donated a few dollars after reading the posts. seems fairly well recieved. cheap as a rental, can't go wrong!

I figure what the hell. I loved Defense Grid, got all but 1 steam achievement, played the hell out of PvZ too. And several other free flash defense games. Just dropped a few dollars in for the heck of it.

0.01 - 0.01 = $0.00 USD :(
0.10 - 0.10 = $0.00 USD :(
1.00 - 0.34 = $0.66 USD :)
0.31 - 0.31 = $0.00 USD D: why would you do this D:
0.32 - 0.31 = $0.01 USD :/
0.50 - 0.32 = $0.18 USD :)

:p
Anyway, almost out of time.

bread's done
Back