Import Your Game Collection from IGN to CAG

[quote name='decayedmatter']I will never own as many games as you...you know why? Because i have actual taste in games, i don't clutter up my collection with crappy shovelware games just to say i own them. Take pride in being a gamer, stop trying to show off by having quantity over quality. Yes i know you have many of the games i own, you are also missing many of the GREAT games i own in favor of crap like ATV offroad.

Hoarders like you make me sick. Oh and i am not young i am 28.[/QUOTE]

That's cute that you don't consider being 28 young. I will admit, I wish I still was. Get off the high horse, you don't get to determine what is crap and what isn't. I mean, you have games like crypt killer and blue stinger in your collection after all (careful when you point fingers, there are three pointed back at you, etc. etc.). You also don't get to determine who a gamer is and isn't, but if it makes you feel better about yourself go with it I suppose. I do find it humerous that the number of games I own makes you sick. You should really find something important to occupy yourself with or seek out some professional help. Far greater things in life and the world we live in to feel so strongly about. I do feel special that you created an account and your first three posts to the forums here are to attack me though. Feel free to continue, though this will be my last reply, I've already given you more of my time than you deserve.

Back to the original issue, I still can't get the import tool to work.

[quote name='NDPsycho']That's cute that you don't consider being 28 young. I will admit, I wish I still was. Get off the high horse, you don't get to determine what is crap and what isn't. I mean, you have games like crypt killer and blue stinger in your collection after all (careful when you point fingers, there are three pointed back at you, etc. etc.). You also don't get to determine who a gamer is and isn't, but if it makes you feel better about yourself go with it I suppose. I do find it humerous that the number of games I own makes you sick. You should really find something important to occupy yourself with or seek out some professional help. Far greater things in life and the world we live in to feel so strongly about. I do feel special that you created an account and your first three posts to the forums here are to attack me though. Feel free to continue, though this will be my last reply, I've already given you more of my time than you deserve.

Back to the original issue, I still can't get the import tool to work.[/QUOTE]

I bought Crypt Killer because i love light gun shooters and i wanted to get more use out of my two konami justifiers for ps1, crypt killer is a good game. As for Blue Stinger, of course it isn't an AAA game but i still think it's underrated and fun. At the time it came out it was very impressive.

Can you explain why you own crap like Blade 2, Cars, Conan, and Cutthroat Island for any reason other than to boost the quantity of your collection list? I doubt it. Plus those are just a few i picked out in the multitude of CRAP on your list.

You were able to pick out what...2 games in my list? Sorry buddy but you failed your side of the argument. I have no problem with people owning underrated or mediocre games....but when i see someone with a 1500+ collection filled with crap and missing great ones like Radiant Silvergun. I will throw their horrible taste in gaming back in their faces.

Face it, you bought all those because you are a hoarder not because there is any redeeming quality in owning half that crap. So called "collector's" like you make me sick.

Lastly, it's funny you tell me to find something important to do when you are here in a gaming forum no differently than i am. Pot calling the kettle black much?

At least i take pride in the gaming choices i make where as you just seem like the type who does it to show off.

A couple of suggestions for the import tool:

1) When the game has suggestions: could you put the system icon next to it? As someone above noted, it can be confusing when the game with the same name was released across multiple systems. Even more confusing is when you have something with the same name released a decade or two apart (NBA Jam, Batman, etc)- you don't know which is, say, the NES version and which is the PS2 version.

2) Along with "+" to add a game, "check" to use the substitution, and "magnifying glass" to look at similar ones, could you add an "x"? This would allow us to eliminate a game on the import list that can't be handled. For instance, I imported "Pilotwings" (SNES) which it didn't recognize as IGN had it as all one word while CAG has it as two words. It was easy enough to find in CAG but it wasn't even one of my suggestions so I'd like to add and then eliminate it off of my import list as a "confused game".

SI

Mine has been in the processing queue for about four hours now. Is this just being really slow or am I stuck?
Edit: Over a day now. Please help?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat. I realized that my IGN name has a couple of capital letters that I didn't perform on the import tool but I can't imagine this really being an issue. Is there any way to get a reset so I can try again? I have been stuck at the processing screen for a few days now.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Mine has been in the processing queue for about four hours now. Is this just being really slow or am I stuck?
Edit: Over a day now. Please help?[/QUOTE]

i have the same problem i imported all my games from ign yesterday, how long does it take to transfer to here? i have over 1600 games i would presume that it would take a while but not sure how long or am i best doing it manually? it will take a while though lol

cheap ass gamer obviously don't care so i am moving to playfire instead, better community anyways goodbye.

I'm new here. I decided to try this place out since the future of IGN's lists are unknown.

Anyways, I'm also having trouble importing my list from IGN. I typed in the correct name, but it has been in the processing queue for a few hours now. Is something messed up, or is it just going extra slow?

bread's done
Back