Impossible Mission DS

guyjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was perusing the black friday deal thread this morning when I noticed a game that sounds like a blast from the past: Impossible Mission for the DS !! I dug a little deeper and found this site with some info on it:

http://www.system3.com/im/ImpossibleMission.html

Apparently it is also available for the PSP, Wii, and PS2, but only in the UK for now. The DS version is in-stock at Gamestop.com, but not in the stores (at least not around me). The doorbuster sale there this Friday lists it for $9.99, an absolute STEAL if you ask me - for all you youngsters who weren't around for the classic 80s videogame era, this is one of the all-time best platform games. This version appears to include the classic game untouched, a modernized version of the game, and a merge (classic game with modern graphics).

I'm on the fence on whether to snarf the DS version now or wait to see if the PSP version comes out here (US) - kinda want the better graphics of the PSP. Anybody out there actually play this yet?

Stay Awhile,

Stay FOREVER!

Man I loved that game back in the days when the Commodore 64 was the greatest gaming system on the planet, and Epyx made the best games in the world.

I ordered it for $9.99 online. It seemed like too good of a deal to pass up (especially since it's currently a Gamestop exclusive).

I read up a bit more online about this game - seems as though it might be worth $10 but that's it. The three "versions" of the game included are basically this: original graphics, updated graphics, and a mix of the two (original character with updated graphics). No real change to the underlying game even in the updated version.

Still I might pick it up - especially since you can save frequently during the game.

I ended up ordering this online also as I couldn't pass it up since I remembered and liked it on the C64 back in the day.

To anyone that likes Impossible Mission I would also recommend the first Zillion for the Sega Master System if they've never played it before.

bread's done
Back