Impulse doing 12 Days of Christmas deals - Tons of deals live!

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
It appears all the daily deals are already up. Thanks to bitter for pointing it out!

12/23
[quote name='bitter1961']No need to wait for midnight, Civ4 Complete is already up with a working coupon at http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/CIVIVCOM.htm[/QUOTE]

12/21, another email with more holiday deals.
All Meridian 4 titles 60% off
Fallen Earth 50% off, 24.99
Droplitz 50% off, 4.99
And Yet It Moves 25% off, 7.50
Tropico 3 30% off, 29.99
EvE Online 50% off, 9.99

[quote name='bitter1961']Here's a couple more:
Spore: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/SPORE.htm
SPORE25 $29.95 (DEAD)

Civ IV: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/CIVIV.htm
CIVIV50 $9.99 (DEAD)

Elven Legacy: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/ELEG.htm
EL50 $14.99 (DEAD)

Machinarium: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/MACH.htm
MACH65 $6.99 (DEAD)

Prototype: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/PROTO.htm
PROTO50 $24.25 (DEAD)

Assassin's Creed: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/ACREED.htm
ACREED25 $14.99 (DEAD)

X-Com/UFO Enemy Unknown: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/UFO.htm
UFO199 $1.99

Lightweight Ninja: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/LNINJA.htm
LNINJA99 $0.99

Dark Void: http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/DVOID.htm
DVOID25 $30.50

All of the coupons seem to already be active (the correct sale prices are shown in the cart if you go through the mailers). However, the Elven Legacy button adds Dark Void instead of Elven Legacy, so the game should be added to the cart manually. Also, Machinarium shows as $7.00 in the cart instead of $6.99.

Anyone wanting to look for more: Today seems to be deal "73", there's no icon for 74 (so I don't know what it is), and deal 78 is a repeat of SPORE and 79 is a repeat of SIMS3. Will they reenable the old coupons (SIMS3 is currently inactive), or is there a second mailer under some name like SPORE2 or something? The deals seem to end (currently?) at 85 (Dark Void).

The icons for deals 70-73 match what's listed as previous days' deals, so it's likely these are some of the upcoming deals. Oh, and Firefox shows those icons really small, but they're actually 256x256 if you save them (or look at them in Chrome).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bitter1961']You missed two extra live games coupons in the OP on the Impulse 12 days of deals thread. Eufloria, coupon EUFL50 for $9.99 and King's Bounty Armored Princess, coupon KBAP25 for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Day 1: Space Rangers 2 at $1.99
Day 2: Defender of the Crown for 1.99
Day 3: Jets 'n Guns at $1.99
Day 4: Sims 3 at 25% off
Day 5: Battlefield 2 Complete Collection at 25% off, $22.50
Day 6: Dragon Age: Origins at 25% off, $37.50 & Demigod at $7.50
Day 7: Galactic Civilizations II at 90% off, 1.99
Day 8: Spore at 25% off, Mount and blade at 50% off
Day 9: Civilization 4 at 50% off, 9.99
Day 10: Prototype at 50% off, 24.25
Day 11: Assassins Creed at 25% off, 14.99
Day 12: XCOM - UFO Defense at 60% off, 1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Same happened to me - I assume the tray popup is wrong because the coupon code will not work for the complete version. Kind of a crappy deal then because D2D has the complete version on sale for $16 today.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So it IS Civ IV that's supposed to be 50% off?[/QUOTE]

That's just an assumption based on what the (linked) mailer says (and said before we knew what the ad client would say). Considering those mailers seem to be screenshots of the game page in the store, they would have had to stare at the game quite a few times while setting up the mailer + coupon. I'd guess the quick "X is on sale" blurb sent to the ad client was the more likely place for a mistake to be made. But you never know. Maybe they'll fix it later today, though the ad client doesn't seem to handle quick updates very well.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So it IS Civ IV that's supposed to be 50% off? The tray software popped up and said Civ IV Complete for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I say send them an email asking about the offer. I think theres a high chance they would honor it since it was their mistake.

[quote name='franken']I say send them an email asking about the offer. I think theres a high chance they would honor it since it was their mistake.[/QUOTE]
I hope so! I e-mailed [email protected] and got an auto-reply saying they were on vacation til next year. Whether that's just support or sales as well, I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out. I still want C4C@$20. ;)

So what's the gib on Eufloria? SOUNDS cool, for sure. Checking metacritic, it looked like pretty mixed reviews. Usually reading a selection of reviews helps me decide to grab or pass, but in this case... it didn't.

There are a lot of games on sale... Sure hard to tell if any of them are worth picking up, though, particularly all those Meridian 4 games.

I did buy El Ammo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, and it's really cool. Reminds me of the good old days of adventure games. I forgot the price. $12-14 I think.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I hope so! I e-mailed [email protected] and got an auto-reply saying they were on vacation til next year. Whether that's just support or sales as well, I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out. I still want C4C@$20. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Good news. It was a mistake they made. Heres what they have to say. Bet you are glad you sent the email now huh? ;)

Yep! And it sounds like they'll just be running the 50% off the Complete version on the 24th, and folks who ordered the vanilla are offered a refund.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Yep! And it sounds like they'll just be running the 50% off the Complete version on the 24th, and folks who ordered the vanilla are offered a refund.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. $20 might be the right price for me... if I can just convince myself I don't need tech tree posters (I can't think of a single other game I'd care about physical vs. digital, but it looks like it will be a long wait for boxed copies to drop to around $20). Looks like they have the promo flyer all setup at the old url, but the coupon isn't active yet.

Yeah, it's always such a toss-up. There are pluses and minuses on both sides. I love the convenience of being able to download stuff when I want it, delete it when I don't, and download it again later. Love not needed a DVD in the drive (HATE putting DVDs in, in fact).

Price is an issue, because I think it's absurd to pay full price for a download. However, there are so many deals on Impulse and Steam that I never had to pay full price (and frankly I rarely pay full price for a boxed copy anyway).

The only downside that's hard to get past is if a game has things like tech trees and a big, fat manual. But these days, games don't have very good manuals anyway. :(

Back in the day, I actually bought the UK version of Civ IV because it came with a fat manual and tech tree posters. So, I've got that already, but, again, I hate putting the DVD in to play it. And anyway, if I were to buy all the add-ons separately, it would be a huge price. So, $20 is great for me. :) Best of all worlds.

I'm mostly a download-gamer these days, even though I used to swear I never would be, as long as the price is right.

What's the ultimate might be if we could choose to get a boxed copy and then activate it on a download service. I liked this about The Last Remnant (but, in that game's case, it's not like there was a great manual or anything anyway... I just found the boxed copy cheap... and then Steam had it on sale cheaper two days later, as usual).

Now there's an overly long-ass answer that like two people are going to read. Oops. Sorry, folks!

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Back in the day, I actually bought the UK version of Civ IV because it came with a fat manual and tech tree posters. So, I've got that already, but, again, I hate putting the DVD in to play it. And anyway, if I were to buy all the add-ons separately, it would be a huge price. So, $20 is great for me. :) Best of all worlds.[/QUOTE]

Oh! I didn't realise the tech tree poster in the Civ 4 Complete box is exactly the same as the one I already own from a vanilla Civ 4 box. I just looked closely at those photos I linked and you're right, all that's changed is the logo! I assumed that they updated the tree for the included expansion packs. Well, now I really have no reason to wait for the boxed copy to go cheap. I know what you mean about the expansions (not to mention Colonization) costing more than buying the whole complete edition -- even if it wasn't on sale!

That said, in the rare instances a boxed copy of a game ends up being on sale cheaper than a digital copy, I consider a nocd crack an easy enough extra download for the savings. Also the boxed (complete edition) copy of Civ 4 apparently doesn't have a cd check anyway (they also removed it in a patch for everybody, but you have to own the expansions to use the latest patches).

[quote name='buckythekat']the Elven Legacy deal is dead as well

edit: wait I think I misread the OP, so it's an upcoming deal?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it's dead, if the coupon's showing up as invalid. It must have hit its deadline already (or they added start dates to their coupons, but randomly clicking a couple of the other coupons shows them as still valid, so probably not). Maybe it popped up in the client at some point, for some people, and it's now been 24 hours since then?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Couple more deals dead, today's is Assassins Creed.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but for some people it shows two deals, while most people it only shows one or the other of the two deals. Eufloria is the other deal being shown today/expiring tonight.

I think it's X-COM for $2. I have it on Steam, myself. Got a big old X-COM pack.

At the stroke of midnight (or whenever the thing decides to roll it around), should be Sid's Civ IV Complete for $20! :D

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I think it's X-COM for $2. I have it on Steam, myself. Got a big old X-COM pack.

At the stroke of midnight (or whenever the thing decides to roll it around), should be Sid's Civ IV Complete for $20! :D[/QUOTE]

X-Com for $2 and Lightweight Ninja for $1. No need to wait for midnight, Civ4 Complete is already up with a working coupon at http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/CIVIVCOM.htm

[quote name='bitter1961']X-Com for $2 and Lightweight Ninja for $1. No need to wait for midnight, Civ4 Complete is already up with a working coupon at http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/CIVIVCOM.htm[/QUOTE]

How the heck did I miss that?? How would I have been alerted if not for you? Thank you for that.

One bummer--it uses a coupon (do all their daily deals do that?), so it won't let me pay with PayPal. Total suck. Gotta wait til I'm home where my credit card is to buy it. PANIC....!

I wonder if Steam will have it on sale in 17 hours for $20 too? I'd rather have it on Steam........ How long does this coupon last on Impulse?

That's the one that made me download Impulse, and I definitely don't regret it. I'd been waiting and waiting for a good price on a physical copy, but I kinda prefer digital these days anyway (hate keeping DVDs laying around).

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']How long does this coupon last on Impulse?[/QUOTE]

The rest of today and all of tomorrow. It's supposed to run from midnight EST tonight until midnight EST tomorrow, like you said. It's just Impulse have uploaded all their deals ahead of time, and turned on all the coupons ahead of time.

So the deal isn't actually "live", as in displayed in the tray counting down its 24 hours, but that doesn't stop you from using it ahead of time if you know the URL (and CIVIVCOM wasn't hard to guess after seeing CIVIV a couple days ago).

Yeah, they've all been using coupons, though this is the first one with a long serial-like coupon instead of something easy like "LNINJA99", which will probably annoy the people who are typing the coupons into their Impulse client's store interface to avoid having to login to the website.

I'm half-tempted to wait for Steam's deals and see if it's on there for less, in that case. But I suppose if I do that, it won't be, and I'll buy it on Impulse and it'll be on Steam for less the next day. :)

Oh well. Whatever the case, great bundle at a great price.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I think it's X-COM for $2. I have it on Steam, myself. Got a big old X-COM pack.

At the stroke of midnight (or whenever the thing decides to roll it around), should be Sid's Civ IV Complete for $20! :D[/QUOTE]

Any reason you didn't just get it over on D2D for $16 last weekend?

Yes, there is, though that is a fine question to ask.

Frankly, I just prefer Impulse and/or Steam. I like the front end and don't care for D2D. Maybe silly of me.

With GOG.com, Steam and Impulse all on the payroll, I didn't want to add D2D. Maybe they'll get me eventually but I hope not. :)

bread's done
Back