Impulse: Master of Orion 1 and 2 $5.99

Does Impulse offer these games DRM-free? Because GOG already offers both of them together in one pack, DRM-free with extras such as the MoO2 soundtrack for $5.99.

[quote name='mogamer']Does Impulse offer these games DRM-free? Because GOG already offers both of them together in one pack, DRM-free with extras such as the MoO2 soundtrack for $5.99.[/QUOTE]

The general answer is "it depends" (and the specific answer here is "I don't know"). DRM requirements are imposed by the game publisher, not Stardock. I know Stardock doesn't include DRM in its own games, but Dragon Age: Origins from EA did.

I'd rather pick them up at GOG for the same price since I know they'll be more likely to run on Windows 7 since CD Projeckt makes everything compatible

Great games, particularly MOO2. MOO1 is just too old. If GOG can get it to work in Win7, I would totally get it. None of the "spiritual successors" to MOO have ever been better than it.

That's my big problem- everyone is just emulating with dosbox as opposed to doing some real work to get this stuff to work.

MOO 2 is awesome, but I think the DOS version you can not play on the MEGA HUGE map setting. However if you've never played it, you aren't missing out on that much and you should take the plunge. It's one of my top 10 games of all time. And... I have a crapload of games.

Damnit, will someone please make Cyberstorm Missionforce compatible with Windows 7 already?

bread's done
Back