Impulse Weekend Sale - Demigod $20 / Dawn Of Descovery $25

Demigod is fantastic, easily worth 20 bucks.

I'm pretty tempted by the sins bundle as I've never picked it up, but not sure I want to invest the time into such a deep game.

Me and two friends weren't big fans of Sins. One friend wanted an RTS, whereas me and my other friend bought it wanting a more Civ-like experience. Maybe I didn't play it enough, but I feel like you'd be better served deciding what you want to play (a Civ game or an RTS) and then picking a strong entry in one of those genres. Maybe the expansions fix some of the gameplay problems which I weakly detected in my limited play, I think they mention defensive warfare.

[quote name='firehawk12']Is Sacred 2 worth it? The 25 gig install is scaring me off...[/QUOTE]

The Sacred 2 folder on my PC is "only" 12.7 GB. It is a fun hack-n-slash game but the story and voice acting aren't very good. There is plenty of loot, character customization, and exploring to keep you busy though.

Those are good prices for Sacred 2, Sins, and World of Goo. I would pick them up if I didn't already have them all.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Didn't Demigod just come out?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you mean by "Just". Came out 3 months ago and hasn't been on sale anywhere since launch (That I've seen, and I've been looking)

As for sins, I'm really on the fence. I mean the game looks epic and scale but I've never played a 4x. I generally hate RTS's and their crazy unit managing, I genreally only like the simpler ala DotA or WiC, even Warcraft 3 can feel cumbersome. Think I should get it?

Sacred 2 Collector's edition is $20 on amazon as well. Balance your decision of unlimited downloads(though limited concurrent installations), or nice box and content(well, the content isn't substantial, but you get the idea).

As an RTS fan, Sins is one of the best out there. The 4X elements are there, but really there is no "pause" time like in a game of Civ--like in any other RTS, you are usually clicking/directing something. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, stay away.

The interface, however, is handled so well, that even the immense scale of the game will appear manageable to any RTS gamer. So good

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Depends on what you mean by "Just". Came out 3 months ago and hasn't been on sale anywhere since launch (That I've seen, and I've been looking)

As for sins, I'm really on the fence. I mean the game looks epic and scale but I've never played a 4x. I generally hate RTS's and their crazy unit managing, I genreally only like the simpler ala DotA or WiC, even Warcraft 3 can feel cumbersome. Think I should get it?[/QUOTE]

No. Sins is pretty damn complex, as you're managing hundreds of ships across an entire universe of planets and suns. The scope of the game is daunting, and it's all real time. And fucking AWESOME, well worth whatever meager sum they're asking.

There is a demo. I can't fully recommend it, as the demo didn't interest me at all, but I love the full game. But it might be worth checking out to see if maybe it's yer thing.

[quote name='firehawk12']Is Sacred 2 worth it? The 25 gig install is scaring me off...[/QUOTE]

The collectors edition is the same price on Amazon.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Depends on what you mean by "Just". Came out 3 months ago and hasn't been on sale anywhere since launch (That I've seen, and I've been looking)

As for sins, I'm really on the fence. I mean the game looks epic and scale but I've never played a 4x. I generally hate RTS's and their crazy unit managing, I genreally only like the simpler ala DotA or WiC, even Warcraft 3 can feel cumbersome. Think I should get it?[/QUOTE]
There's a demo, if you wanna try it. I wouldn't really recommend it since it seemed like a not-as-good DotA knockoff to me, but the demo will definitely give you a taste. As far as I'm aware most of the horrible connection issues are fixed by now though.

Edit: Oh, I'm blind. I was posting about Demigod, not Sins. Left this post up for along time before clicking submit, and reading Sneakypenguin's post opened my eyes.

Demigod is an above average game. However, the learning curve is pretty steep IMO. I paid $20 thanks to a CAG who provided me a coupon a while back. I've probably sank about 30 hours into it and don't feel like I've mastered it yet. I keep on hearing they are going to add a couple more playable characters. That would raise the number to ten. That would help a lot with many individuals online not wanting duplicates characters in matches.

If you want to save your $20 sign up for the League of Legends beta. I've been playing it about a week. It isn't exactly the same game, but very similar.

Sins is definatly worth it, while it does seem epic, and is, it is acutally typically quite easy to manage. Some of the largest maps you may have a little bit of a hard time managing your empire, but otherwise the interface is pretty slick and allows you pretty much see everything you need to do without clicking through menus.

Does anyone know, is Dawn of Discovery any good? I see it is on sale for $25, and it looks pretty. How does it play?

[quote name='N64FanBoy']Does anyone know, is Dawn of Discovery any good? I see it is on sale for $25, and it looks pretty. How does it play?[/QUOTE]

The game is completely worth $25 if you're into that type of game in my opinion. However keep in mind that it does have Tages DRM that only allows for 3 activations which is based around specific pieces of hardware (ie can only change out certain components) and the OS you're using before you use up another activation.

[quote name='52club']
If you want to save your $20 sign up for the League of Legends beta. I've been playing it about a week. It isn't exactly the same game, but very similar.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing LoL for about a week too. I started out on Darkness and Light (a short-lived DotA clone), and THEN played DotA for about a year. I have to say unless you're either a Blizzard maniac and can't stand any other RTS control scheme, or you're extremely habitual, or you're playing DotA competitively, you'll probably like LoL better after 20 or 30 games. All these games have a big learning curve though.

But yes, in closing, League of Legends might be something to look at if you're on the fence about Demigod.

[/QUOTE]

Amazon had/has it since launch for $34. Doesn't that count? That being said, I waited to get it a little cheaper marked down at Wal-Mart to $30. YMMV on that, not sure why it was marked down.

Picked up Demigod, finally the $20 price was enough for me to bite. Thanks, OP, I might not have seen this deal since I never got a "Weekend Impulse Buys" email this time around... :cool:

My Impulse ID is Truthiness if any CAGs want to play.

bread's done
Back