Impulse Weekend Sales: Kudos 2 $5.99; Gish $3.99; Astral Masters $3.99

Serik

CAGiversary!
Sick of only giving money to Steam on weekends? Looks like Impulse may be rolling out weekend deals. On sale now:

Gish $3.99
Description:
Gish isn't your average hero, in fact he's not your average anything...see Gish is a ball of tar. A Sunday stroll with his lady friend Brea goes awry when a shadowy figure emerges from an open man hole and pulls Brea into the ground below. Following Brea's calls for help Gish suddenly finds himself in the subterranean sewers of Dross, a long forgotten city filled with twisting corridors, evil traps and some of the most demented creatures imaginable.
With his gelatinous structure as his only means of defense, Gish must follow the echoing cries of his damsel in distress deep into the earth below. What freakish creatures dwell in this subterranean land? Who is Brea's captor? And just how far down does the rabbit hole go? Life isn't easy when you're a 12 pound ball of tar...

Astral Masters $3.99
Description:
Channel powerful elemental energies, wield complex spells and summon incredible creatures in Apus Software's, Astral Masters!
Astral Masters is a turn-based fantasy card game along the lines of the popular, Magic: the Gathering. Players can build custom decks using a variety of cards from the realms of earth, fire, water and air, or use the included pre-built decks. Once your deck is ready, go one-on-one against numerous computer opponents in either single matches or the tournament mode, where the stakes increase from round-to-round. Even play against your friends online via LAN or Internet!

Kudos 2 $5.99
Description:
Kudos 2 is the life-simulation strategy game from Positech Games (makers of Kudos, Democracy and Rock Legend). Kudos 2 is a turn-based game that puts you in control of a single character and manages their life from age 20 to 30. You get to pick their friends, their job, and how they spend their free time, but there is a catch! You can only choose to do one thing each day, or two on the weekends. This makes Kudos 2 a game of agonizing choices. Do you turn down an invitation from a friend because you are too tired from work? Do you put more time into your friends or your career? When do you find time to look for a better job, or to spend time with your pet?

Kudos 2 is unlike any strategy or casual game you have played before. The game has a totally original style, and uses artwork by legendary comic artist Jamie McKelvie. Every game of Kudos 2 is unique. Did you become a high-flying corporate lawyer who cruises to the office each morning in a luxury car, but has no social life, or do you become a popular, trendy and much loved guitar-player, who works as a waitress to pay the bills? Will you have the money to splash out on a burglar alarm, or rely on your martial arts (or your faithful pet dog) to protect you from crime?

TangleBee $3.99
Description:
TangleBee is one of the most original casual games we've come across in a long time. Players will journey through 400 levels to help recover the TangleBee's lost queens, who have been captured by spiders. Your job on each level is to untangle the threads that bind each bee to the honeycomb before the spider can reach your honeypot. Along the way, you'll come along queens, which once rescued, give you special abilities such as lightning, rain clouds, bug spray and more. With five modes of gameplay, TangleBee is an experience we think fans of casual and puzzles will really love.

KeepSafe Encryption Software $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these have horrible DRM like Steam? Do you have to be logged in and connected to impulse to play or just the for the initial download? Do you have to run the Impulse software every time you play the game?

Just for the initial download. Once you've downloaded and installed the game (unlike Steam, you can select the directory) you never have to see the Impulse client again, unless you want to check for updates.

This is how it's worked for Supreme Commander, the only Impulse game I currently have.

[quote name='Serik']Just for the initial download. Once you've downloaded and installed the game (unlike Steam, you can select the directory) you never have to see the Impulse client again, unless you want to check for updates.

This is how it's worked for Supreme Commander, the only Impulse game I currently have.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I'm definitely buying Gish, I highly recommend it.

pretty good prices i think i am going to get all of them!
CAGpixel.JPG

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Do these have horrible DRM like Steam? Do you have to be logged in and connected to impulse to play or just the for the initial download? Do you have to run the Impulse software every time you play the game?[/quote]

Have you tried offline mode?

No, seriously, have you? Did it come up with problems for you? Or is it the resources that steam takes up?

[quote name='ddrpower']Have you tried offline mode?

No, seriously, have you? Did it come up with problems for you? Or is it the resources that steam takes up?[/quote]
Yeah, I don't get the distaste for Steam, it's also like an IM for all my gaming acquaintances (People I don't know IRL) so I keep it up 24/7

How is their weekend support? Steam's weekend support is a joke (in other words it doesn't exist). If there is a problem do you have to wait until the sale is over before you're contacted because nobody works the weekends?

mogamer,

I can't speak specifically for weekend support, but Stardock in general treats its customers very well. I visit several Stardock forums and employees (sometimes the CEO himself) will regularly respond to help topics and requests. When their European distributor botched the localization for GalCiv2, Stardock went outside their contract and provided support anyway.

Their devs also hang around an IRC channel if you're desperate :D

I wish i kind of got this when it was 5 dollars on Steam...
Does impulse let you download games as much as you want?

I know you only need the client for the initial download but if you delete it, can you launch the client again and download it as many times?
Oh and i see that Gish is cut down from 20 bucks? So its freaking 20 dollars on impulse originally? its 10 on steam..what's the reason for the price difference

[quote name='eastx']Can we get some screenshots please? And maybe less red text in the games' descriptions? Just askin'.[/quote]

Fixed the red text, but is it really that hard to click on the URL and visit the store page to see the multitude of screenshots? :D

AFAIK, Impulse gives you unlimited downloads on any PC. You can read a primer on the service here.

Thanks Serik. Even Impulse's main page, which lists the sale products at the top, doesn't show any pictures. You have to navigate to their individual pages. It's a hassle.

[quote name='Serik']mogamer,

I can't speak specifically for weekend support, but Stardock in general treats its customers very well. I visit several Stardock forums and employees (sometimes the CEO himself) will regularly respond to help topics and requests. When their European distributor botched the localization for GalCiv2, Stardock went outside their contract and provided support anyway.

Their devs also hang around an IRC channel if you're desperate :D[/QUOTE]

I bought GalCiv 2 for the second time when I picked up the Ultimate Edition at PAX 08. Brad Wardell (the CEO of Stardock) signed my case for me. Swell guy, thanked me for buying his game and was glad that I enjoyed it.

Do these have horrible DRM like Steam? Do you have to be logged in and connected to impulse to play or just the for the initial download? Do you have to run the Impulse software every time you play the game?

You do not need Impulse connected or logged in to play, you just need it download, install, and update the game if needed. After that, you can play all you want. :)

Spencer
-Stardock

bread's done
Back