In addition to FYE's "massive" STORE CLOSINGS...

Devin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Wouldn't it be great if when people bitch and/or rave about "their" local FYE (or any store for that matter), that they would actually give the location of the store they're specifically refering to? Boy, that'll be the day! But here's a good start.
How many times have you read posts where people say (for example), "Halo 2 *LE* only $15.99 at my local Target", or "Nintendo DS in stock at my Circuit City", or even "Many FYEs in my area closing down" and the original poster not give the slightest hint of the location of his local store? Too many times...

Furthermore, in addition to FYE's "massive" STORE CLOSINGS (I mock the word "massive" because there's been like less than 8 FYE stores that closed nationwide), this thread is dedicated to posting your local FYE that closed as well as it's location and state (hopefully the outcome of this "massive" close-out will be more than 8 locations...). Begin!

FYE Stores Closing Down

FYE (Orland Park, IL) Store #0189
Saturday Matinee (Niles, IL)
Record Town (Boston, MA)
FYE (Brookfield, WI) Store #1397
FYE (Kenosha, WI)
FYE (Madison, WI) Store #0180
FYE (Milwaukee, WI)

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Zman310']Really enjoying those new mod powers, eh Ledhed? :wink:[/quote]

:D[/quote]

use the canned messages!!!

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Zman310']Really enjoying those new mod powers, eh Ledhed? :wink:[/quote]

:D[/quote]

And now for something completely different.

:D

Dead Wisconsin FYE stores:

Madison, WI (already mentioned)

Kenosha, WI (Kenosha Outlet Mall)

Brookfield, WI (Brookfield Square Mall, 2-3 week final selloff now on)

Milwaukee, WI (downtown store gone for several months)

Suncoast Video in The Steamtown Mall in Scranton, Pa just got shut down and their inventory AND shelving got moved upstairs to the FYE.

And, I think I know why people don't mention their stores that may be closing or having some insane special prices. It's so the lurking members who may be local to them don't come in and grab every damned copy of a game or movie that's super cheap and flippable for good $$$.

I let people on here know about a Kmart near me which had 4-6 copies of the original Baten Kaitos for Gamecube back when they were $3-4 each and the next friggin week when I went back to get one after deciding on it, the clerk told me 'one person came in and grabbed them all'.

So, if I seem a little cloak and dagger about locations, it's because I don't want the fucking hoarders coming in and cleaning out MY LOCAL STORES of any good shit. I was routinely able to go to any of my local Kmart or other stores I found deals at and snatch them ANYTIME I wanted, but not since I realized there's lurkers from my area on here who come in and clean them out once they know there's a deal of some sort.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Where am I going to traumatize teenage girls by buying hentai? The last time I did it, it was great. The girl on the cover was all tied up, and the girl behind the counter turned white as a ghost. Good times.

Anyway, none of my local stores have closed or will be closing as of late. They closed a bunch early last year, but what remains seems to be staying.

[quote name='Chuplayer']FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Where am I going to traumatize teenage girls by buying hentai? The last time I did it, it was great. The girl on the cover was all tied up, and the girl behind the counter turned white as a ghost. Good times.

Anyway, none of my local stores have closed or will be closing as of late. They closed a bunch early last year, but what remains seems to be staying.[/quote]

That is one truly fun thing to do at FYE. I would do it just for kicks sometimes. I loved freaking out the employees by doing that or by buying the most offensive stuff I could find in the store.

I think a lot of it is also to preserve anonymity. Not all posters want people to know where they are, and so it's safer to say "I found this in my area-YMMV" even if it sounds less credible than "I found this at Best Buy Store #573 at 2:01 p.m. and was checked out by Melissa, here's a scan of the receipt." Not that the second approach is any less YMMV-Melissa might be at lunch when you go in. =P

That having been said, the FYE at the Battlefield Mall in Springfield, MO is no more. It closed for good on the 16th. I heard about good deals here and there, but there was nothing earth-shattering even early on. Game discounts never fell below 40 percent, which surprised me since I was under the impression that all FYEs (even the ones staying open) were phasing out games. I guess they're shipping the remainder off wholesale or something.

bread's done
Back