In Case you care for Comparison, new PC build DONE

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hello all PC CAG'ers, Just finished my new PC build last night, this was a budget build I gathered the parts of this month from Newegg.com sales and shell shockers total cost was about 475 before mail in Rebates. I am no longer a "PC" gamer this purpose of this machine, is doing everything one does other than game like "Ripping, Raring, unraring, hosting, media sharing .NET developement, SQL server and general spare time diversion from Console Gaming and other normal life stuff"

"So Far" Everything is smoking fast.

Used the following

Asus M3A78 PRO
AM2 9950 Agena Quad Core Phenom Black Edition
8 GB of (4x2GB) G Skill DDR 2 800mhz memory
Seagate 500gig SATAII 7200.12 (new single platter drives)
Sapphire 3870 Single Slot DDR3 vid card
Liteon 20x DVD Burner
APEVIA Cheapy Case
1x80mm APevia 4led fan
1x120mm Apevia clear 4 led fan

currently Running Generic 430Watt PSU that came with case (thankfully will even run this rig)

If I push it with BurnIn Tester I have gotten 42c on Proc and 38c degree on mobo.

Currently Running a CRT so preliminary game testing is at 1024x768@32bit and 85mhz

Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate

Results
Unreal Tournament 3 demo with pretty settings "no scientific, I know" never drops below 61 FPS

FEAR 2 Demo ran silky smooth got to look into how to get FPS, it was late people.

Unrared a 7.52 ISO that was in 95 parts, in less than 4minutes

Windows Experience Rating is 5.9 on everything.

let us know how well that cpu overclocks

i'm always interested in what amd has to offer, and I recommend them to people who won't ever mess with overclocking, but I haven't heard much about how well they do overclock when you try it.

It looks great, any issues so far?
cool.gif

[quote name='msduckland']It looks great, any issues so far?
cool.gif
[/quote]

NO hardware issues thus far, the ATI drivers .12 version has issues with 8 gigs or ram, so I just run .11 version.

Installed Prince of Persia 2008 for a test run and it runs flawlessly.

Got visual Studio 2008 installed in about 10 minutes and Developers Edition Sql Server 2008 installed in about 15 minutes.

So, I am happy right now and hopefully trouble free.

As to overclocking everything I have read is this Processor can overclock on Stock Heat/Fan to about 3~3.1 ghz a core and with those expensive super cooling setups it can reach 3.9ghz a core. However I don't overclock, I just sell it off when the equipment gets to slow for me.

bread's done
Back