In Game XMB Almost Confirmed

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
It seems that Sony is always listening to us, and that their "we are listening to the consumers and we care for them" is a true sentence indeed, spoken by Ericl Lempel. Today, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. confirmed that an In-Game XMB Overlay is coming in the Next Major Update (you all know what I'm getting at). Yes everyone, you heard it at PSU first. In-Game XMB Overlay will be in the next update, but we don't know to what extent.

In a rather exhausting and relieving way, Ericl Lempel said, "Also, I noticed a lot of your comments were directly related to accessing XMB features in-game. We understand this is something you want and we are working on it. For the sake of keeping all the comments below on topic, please understand that we hear this request and are working toward a solution. When I have some more info to share on this, know that I will do so here on this blog."

The response came shortly after a user named "DarkKing" Spammed about 255 topics all consisting of a repetition of the following from top to bottom:

"WE WANT IN-GAME XMB AND CUSTOM SONY YOU SAID YOU CARED
WE WANT IN-GAME XMB AND CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS SONY YOU SAID YOU CARED
WE WANT IN-GAME XMB AND CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS SONY YOU SAID YOU CARED" (These have since been removed).

http://www.psu.com/In-Game-XMB-Overl...s--a753-p0.php

Sweet, custom songs.

[quote name='Apossum']now someone needs to spam 255 topics about PS1 games :roll:[/QUOTE]

No need for those rolling eyes, sweetheart. If that's all it'll take to get some more PSX games, spam away. :lol:

"Also, I noticed a lot of your comments were directly related to accessing XMB features in-game. We understand this is something you want and we are working on it. For the sake of keeping all the comments below on topic, please understand that we hear this request and are working toward a solution.
Key point bolded. He says nothing outside of XMB features. There was a thread (or post?) earlier exposing the selection of in-game music and display options from the kiosks at E3. Don't get too excited.

Also, repost: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146116

[quote name='mykevermin']No need for those rolling eyes, sweetheart. If that's all it'll take to get some more PSX games, spam away. :lol:[/QUOTE]

my eyes are rolling until I get Intelligent Qube and Rival Schools :)

[quote name='Richlough']So now it will be like the way the 360 was on day one ?[/quote]

Nope on day one 360 couldn't handle its own firmware it froze everytime you checked your guide button for a new message or an achievement. 360 had slow downs with the guide button and froze up all the time. This will be like the 360 after its much needed patches. :D

[quote name='Richlough']So now it will be like the way the 360 was on day one ?[/quote]Haha, did you even get a 360 on day 1?
Those patches were much needed, my console was glitchy as hell.

One thing about my PS3 that I can say is that it's never frozen on me. (nor overheated, hmm)

[quote name='dallow']Haha, did you even get a 360 on day 1?

One thing about my PS3 that I can say is that it's never frozen on me. (nor overheated, hmm)[/QUOTE]As much as I support Sony stuff, my PS3 has frozen around 6 times total, since I got it in late December. However, I also have PS3 console # 971 (meaning it was one of the earlier ones off the production line). It's very random as to what it froze to. Other than that, it's the console I've left on for the longest (although I don't do any Folding) and still works.

Anyway, I pretty much knew this was coming in Firmware update 2.0. It somewhat pissed me off when people were yelling at Sony for not having it yet. Since I've worked with electronics and software before (due to being my major), it can be very difficult (especially when combining it together). You may fix/add one thing, but another thing stops working. Also, every previous PS3 game and several newer games need to be tested, to assure the In-Games XMB works.

In game XMB and custom soundtracks is pretty much what I've wanted since day one. If they add these two things I would be a very, very happy PS3 owner.

[quote name='panasonic']Nope on day one 360 couldn't handle its own firmware it froze everytime you checked your guide button for a new message or an achievement. 360 had slow downs with the guide button and froze up all the time. This will be like the 360 after its much needed patches. :D[/QUOTE]

Wait...that all still happens to my 360 today :lol: Receiving a notification and pressing the guide button at the same time gives the thing a heart attack. It's one of my biggest qualms about the system-- the dashboard and guide button aren't reliable.

anywhoo, update 2.0 should rule.

Will you guys be upset if there is no in-game music feature with the next big update? What if they just mean you can access friend's list or system options?

Think I am the only one who still doesn't think it will be in there, just by going on what Sony has said about it and looking at their track record (leaving it up to the game devs).

[quote name='NamPaehc']Will you guys be upset if there is no in-game music feature with the next big update? What if they just mean you can access friend's list or system options?

Think I am the only one who still doesn't think it will be in there, just by going on what Sony has said about it and looking at their track record (leaving it up to the game devs).[/QUOTE]

not really. I rarely use it on the 360 (only during Hexic, pretty much.)

[quote name='dallow']Haha, did you even get a 360 on day 1?

One thing about my PS3 that I can say is that it's never frozen on me. (nor overheated, hmm)[/QUOTE]

Yeah , I did , that's why I said it . How else would I have known ?

[quote name='Richlough']Yeah , I did , that's why I said it . How else would I have known ?[/quote]Through lies.
How's that launch 360 holding up? Hopefully you got lucky like me and it's still ticking.

Have been some close calls though.

[quote name='dallow']Through lies.
How's that launch 360 holding up? Hopefully you got lucky like me and it's still ticking.

Have been some close calls though.[/QUOTE]

My 360 is just fine ... so far .;)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Will you guys be upset if there is no in-game music feature with the next big update? What if they just mean you can access friend's list or system options?

Think I am the only one who still doesn't think it will be in there, just by going on what Sony has said about it and looking at their track record (leaving it up to the game devs).[/QUOTE]

Nah. I may be alone, but the only game I use custom music for is WWE Wrestling Games. I like to use authentic themes for CAWs. The last game to feature this was WWE Raw 2 on the Xbox (released in 2001?). SvR 2007 (360) didn't feature it, so I'm doubtful they'll be kind enough to include it in SvR 2008.

How does custom music work when implemented at the firmware level? Does it overlap with in-game music? I'm rather confused about it, but, if it lets me use custom entrance themes for SvR 2008, I'll be a happy camper.

bread's done
Back