In Need of PC Power Supply

LV-426RS

CAGiversary!
I need a power supply. I know very little about the internals of PC's. I've got a video card NX880GTS that requires a min. of 400w power supply. The PC has two HDD's, two optical drives, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Processor and the only thing being powered by the USB is the wireless mouse and keyboard reciever. What is the best power supply I can get for around or under $70?

Thanks

Oopsies... you're right. Ignore my last post OP.

That 70% efficiency ratings gotta hurt the power bills though.

I'm going to hijack this thread, as I was planning on making a similar one myself.

I'm looking for a power supply of 500+ W that is modular.
I don't know anything about rails and such and just what makes a good power supply.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='LiquidNight']I'm going to hijack this thread, as I was planning on making a similar one myself.

I don't know anything about rails and such and just what makes a good power supply.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

Look into the Ultra X2, they are a great company and you can get a life time warranty on the PSU if you register it online. I do not thinkg Newegg has the X2, check tigerdirect.com.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I'm going to hijack this thread, as I was planning on making a similar one myself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

I reccomend Seasonic. I'm using this unit right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151029

Don't let the customer reviews fool you, it just isn't as popular because it's more expensive with the only real gain being modular (they have a very similar non-modular model for $20-30 cheaper which has over 70 very positive ratings). If you google the model/make of this PSU you'll find it's received excellent reviews and a few editor's choice-type awards.

Plenty of 12V to go around (which is what you want), very quiet, and although I haven't done any overclocking, the reviews which convinced me said it's an excellent over-clocker. Oh, and efficiency rating up to 85%. Highly reccomended.

That SeaSonic looks good- has 4 +12V rails (vs the Corsair's 3).

And modular is the way to go. I know you lose some power due to a detachable wires on a modular PS but you'll be glad you don't have wires all around you case (something I've had to deal with, luckily my case has plenty of hiding room).

bread's done
Back