In need of Six Flags deals or coupons

AnchorsAway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
anyone know of any fast food places doing promotions, or if Coca-cola is still doing the discounted admission with empty coke cans?

its about $250 for 4 people and a lodge, just trying to make the trip fun for my wallet too :)

I was going to recommend the Coke cans. I don't think you can get a reduced price on lodging. The Entertainment books have some reduced admission coupons in them. Certain employers or organizations offer cheaper admission too, ask people you know if their employers have this and then have them get the tickets for you.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']there should be buy 1 get 1 free discount with a fill up at speedway. But now is that really saving that much money?[/quote]

If he is driving there, certainly.

I just got back from Six Flags Magic Mountain yesterday and they're definately still doing the Coke cans promotion. In fact, I have one of those coke cans in my hand right now (bought too many, haha) and the promotion doesn't end 'til October.

[quote name='AnchorsAway']sweet guys thanks, unfortunately I won't be going anytime soon. Girlfriend just broke up with me :cry:[/quote]

:shock:

What the fuck happened!?

haha good question, after 3 years she decided she wasnt ready for a relationship... and doesnt really want to see me more than a few times a year.

ohwell, time to pawn the $300 ring and buy a date with a hotter chick to take to six flags

[quote name='AnchorsAway']anyone know of any fast food places doing promotions, or if Coca-cola is still doing the discounted admission with empty coke cans?

its about $250 for 4 people and a lodge, just trying to make the trip fun for my wallet too :)[/QUOTE]

Just a warning, I'm not sure which SF park you are going to but be prepared for ripoff prices everywhere in the park. New management took over the chain this year and they raised prices like crazy. Besides the fact admission went up $10 - $12 in most parks, parking is $15 for a lot of SF parks and the food prices are even worse. 1 slice of Papa John's pizza? $6.50!, a large soda? $4! (these prices appear consistent within the chain).

Probably not as good of a deal as the coke cans, but if you bring a gas fillup receipt, that is good for $15 off admission as well (not sure how long that lasts for)

[quote name='AnchorsAway']after 3 years she decided she wasnt ready for a relationship... [/quote]

Damn that's one indecisive chick.

the grocery store I work at offers discount tix.... 20 bucks I believe. Also, check out your local park and rec department. They usually have cheap tickets for anything and everything.

[quote name='AnchorsAway']after 3 years she decided she wasnt ready for a relationship.[/quote]

Same shit happened to me this past month :(. (except 2 years, not 3).

[quote name='dracula']season pass for the win[/quote]

That's the best way to go....get a season pass. They are selling them where I work for $64.99 (I think) for the season. If that's the case, its a steal.

TBW

[quote name='AnchorsAway']haha good question, after 3 years she decided she wasnt ready for a relationship... and doesnt really want to see me more than a few times a year.

ohwell, time to pawn the $300 ring and buy a date with a hotter chick to take to six flags[/quote]

That happened to me about 10 years ago. Dated a chick for three years in college, we were even living together. She up and decided that she just didn't respect or love me anymore and that was it. Up and moved out. I saw here a total of about three times after she left and I haven't even seen or talked to her in years....good for me. Needless to say, I was a little shocked...along with all of our friends and most of her family. Oh well, it was the right thing.

Best advice I can give is to move on and don't take too much anger/frustration out on the next one.

TBW

that xbox club has them for 28 a piece if you have a friend in the mliitary they can get them for 25-28 bucks i got mine for 25.55 through the military

The guy who took over Six Flags used to be the head of programming on ESPN. Blame him for the raised prices and Playmakers.

About the food prices, pack a cooler or a couple of them and just go eat in the parking lot when you're hungry. It's probably a long walk but worth it. Six Flags doesn't charge you to get back in.

Luckily they don't but they almost did. Earlier in the year before the parks opened for the season, they said same day re-entry is not permitted. Once you left the park, that was it, you couldn't get in. Once it was posted on a bunch of coaster/theme park forums the complaints started pouring in (I wrote a letter as well), and they changed the policy back to allow re-entry. Rumor is they might try to start the no re-entry policy next year and see how the public reacts to it.

I'm not surprised that they haven't tried blocking re-entry and wouldn't be surprised if they try it again. It almost forces you to buy ridiculously overpriced food or cut your trip really short. I'm sure a lot of other people like to stay for the whole day when they go to a major park, and in the summer you're going to get thirsty and probably be really hungry by the end of the day.

This policy would never last all summer though because someone will pass out or die or dehydration because they didn't want to leave or pay $4.00 for a bottle of water. I guess technically they have water fountains to counter this but it still won't fly.

bread's done
Back