[In-Stores 9/9] Clubhouse Games, Hotel Dusk, Planet Puzzle League Reprints On Amazon

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
I was not sure if I should post this here or not but considering how rare and pricey Clubhouse Games and Hotel Dusk have been I thought the deals section was the better place. Amazon.com is now taking preorders for what appears to be reprintings of Clubhouse Games and Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for the DS.

Clubhouse Games is one of the rarest DS games out there. Both are listed at $29.99(the price it was when it came out originally) with a rumored release date of September 8(it now says"3 to 6 weeks"). A seller on the Amazon Marketplace is listing new copies of Clubhouse Games at just under $40 with the line "fulfillment by Amazon". That listing was added after this topic was posted. You can preorder your copy/copies at the links below.

UPDATE: Planet Puzzle League, the Tetris Attack clone is getting a reprinting too with a release date of August 19th. The release dates for Clubhouse Games and Hotel Dusk: Room 215 are both set for September 11th.

Clubhouse Games

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Planet Puzzle League

UPDATE 2: Clubhouse Games and Hotal Dusk have been relisted on Circuit City.com, both for the price of $20. You can find the listings below.

Hotal Dusk

Clubhouse Games

UPDATE 3:
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195618"]speedy1961's weekly ads posting has confirmed the re-releases for Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games will be available on the 9th. They are both listed in Target's and Best Buy's weekly ads for the week of the 7th for only $20 each. It's now 100% confirmed.[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe when the Clubhouse Games reprints start shipping we can start a CAG Poker Night.

If anyone is looking for the first Phoenix Wright from someplace other than GameStop, walmart.com now has a "available in-store" feature where you can enter your zip code and see if a Wal Mart has it nearby. Think bestbuy.com but not on every item.

[quote name='Rozz']It already had one large reprinting in 2007. Chances are, the used copies at your Gamestop are brand new but have been opened (and the case has been plastered with stickers).[/quote]

Last year during their summer sale, I went to a GS and they had copies of Phoenix Wright in the sale bin. The sale might've been over but they still had that huge bin with games in it along with the big sign still saying there was a sale (there was no expiration date listed anywhere). I brought a copy up and they wouldn't sell it to me for the sale price because it wasn't listed in their system as new anymore. They would only sell it as used, which was much more than the sale price. Then, they proceeded to take the other copies left in the bin. :roll:

So anyway, yeah, you could probably find a "new" copy at GS.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']rare? i heard both sucked[/quote]

LOL
I wouldn't expect you to understand why Hotel Dusk rocks
Also, Clubhouse Games might even be too complicated for you :(

Finally, more copies of Clubhouse Games. I'm so sorry I didn't pick this one up before. Don't know why, I just didn't. Hopefully we'll be getting some more re-prints of rare games in the future.

[quote name='BlueSwim']And as long as their the newer stickers, a couple of seconds with a blow dryer will warm the glue enough to not leave any sticky stuff behind, or at least not much.[/quote]

They're actually those huge stickers from the Gamers' Day sale 2007, where they take up nearly half the case (not joking). The employees ripped some of them off though and they left a massive gooey imprint. The new stickers they use for games are great though, come off very easily and often don't leave any goo behind.

[quote name='105years']how is clubhouse games complicated i dont want 2 sound mean but u must suck @ games if u think clubhouse games is hard.also my pawn shop had 3 copies of hotel dusk at $5 2 of em were complete 1 cart only.i picked up all 3. sum1 in line ask me if i culd spare 1 i said no wait till sum1 else trades it in.i ended up ebayinmg them making @ least $35 each, just a heads up.[/quote]

Congratulations, sir. :applause: After only a day of being here, you have shown yourself to be a real winner!

And for anyone on the fence about these two games, both are enjoyable additions to any DS owner's collection. Clubhouse game in particular can be a great time waster on any trip.

[quote name='Maromi']Goo Gone is your friend; it'll take off any sticker residue, no matter the age.[/quote]

It leaves a little grease stain if you look at the case in the light though... It's not too bad, better than getting the stickers off, but it never does look like a brand new case to me even with Goo Gone.

Im glad it's getting reprint. I looked all over for a copy in the clearance sales... couldnt even find it new... now I'll finally get to play it (Hotel Dusk, that is). I did manage to pick up two used copies (one complete and one catridge only to play) of Etrian Odyssey used though for 17.99 -20% each. The game is quite fun.

[quote name='BlueSwim']How would you guys feel about a Clubhouse Games based Poker Night here on CAG?[/quote]

That would be awesome =). Only problem is the ds only accepts crappy wireless WEP. Why they didn't add WPA support is beyond me.

[quote name='BlueSwim']How would you guys feel about a Clubhouse Games based Poker Night here on CAG?[/quote]

i suck at it, but i'd still be interested. seems like it would be hard to organize, though.

[quote name='allyourblood']i suck at it, but i'd still be interested. seems like it would be hard to organize, though.[/quote]

It would only take 1 post on the CAG Blogs to get everyone together. Make the post the HUB for the evening's games. Set a ground rule or two like "Put the letters CAG before your name" or something like that and BOOM! CAG Poker Night.:lol:

EDIT: I blogged about the CAG Poker Night here.

[quote name='daminion']Did you just copy every game that was mentioned in this article? :)[/quote]

Uhhhh.... :whistle2:|

that list and a couple others that I've read before. :lol:

I just updated the OP, the release dates for both are the 11th of September. You can also add Planet Puzzle League to the reprint list.....Wait a minute, I already did.:lol::lol::lol:

Wow....these are the only games my wife plays on her DS. She still plays Clubhouse Games online. I remember commenting last month on how I was surprised so many people still play it.

Wow, I was browsing the DS games at my GS and they actaully had a gutted copy of Hotel Dusk, but it doesnt really matter much now.

I wonder how wide of a release the re-prints will have? I just checked GS.com and Best Buy.com and they do not have any mentions of a re-release.

BTW, Were working on getting a Clubhouse Games based CAG Poker Night going. If your picking up the CHG re-print and are interested, sound off here.

[quote name='Shady3011']I never knew Planet Puzzle League was rare. I've seen it around in a few stores in my area.[/quote]

I don't think it was uber rare, just not very common. Still an awesome game though.

Are these reprints going to be sold by other stores besides Amazon?

I just picked up a cart only Hotel Dusk about a month ago at Gamestop. :(

Also, I have Dr. Mario/Puzzle League for the GBA. Is Planet Puzzle League that much of an upgrade?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Are these reprints going to be sold by other stores besides Amazon?

Also, I have Dr. Mario/Puzzle League for the GBA. Is Planet Puzzle League that much of an upgrade?[/quote]

I have no idea about an in-store release. I don't think we'll know until the reprints hit.

If you like Puzzle League on the GBA(which I have played) you should have a good idea what you'll get with PPL. PPL has online multi-player, single card download play if you have a friend with a DS but only 1 copy of the game, and the pieces are a little bigger in PPL too. If anything I mentioned strikes a chord with you then yeah, it's worth it. The bottom line is that PPL didn't break anything that worked in the other versions of Puzzle League.

I doubt that Gamestop will carry these since they make so much more money off the used copies. They never carried the DDR reprints that went for $19.99 each (yet they still didn't drop the price of their used copies which were going for $29.99, which is OVER MSRP for a used game).

Clubhouse Games is $19.99 /w free ship at buy.com. Shouldn't the regular price be $29.99?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger :evil:

[quote name='motuza']Planet puzzle league is rare? I had no idea.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems a bit odd that a game that's not really all that rare from what I've seen would get a reprint, but whatever.

[quote name='eau']Clubhouse Games is $19.99 /w free ship at buy.com. Shouldn't the regular price be $29.99?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger :evil:[/quote]

Shoot. I went ahead and did.

[quote name='eau']Clubhouse Games is $19.99 /w free ship at buy.com. Shouldn't the regular price be $29.99?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger :evil:[/quote]
Now it's $27.99 with free shipping. I really should have bought this when it was on sale at FYE for $19.99. I really thought it would be around longer and go lower... :(

[quote name='MorPhiend']Now it's $27.99 with free shipping. I really should have bought this when it was on sale at FYE for $19.99. I really thought it would be around longer and go lower... :([/quote]

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't launch it at $20 like the Brain Age games. It seems like the perfect casual game(it isn't, SILENCE HATERS!!!).

[quote name='MorPhiend']Now it's $27.99 with free shipping. I really should have bought this when it was on sale at FYE for $19.99. I really thought it would be around longer and go lower... :([/quote]
Tell me about it. I was going to order it this morning but imagine my surprise when I loaded up the product page at buy.com.

[quote name='motuza']Planet puzzle league is rare? I had no idea.[/QUOTE]

I keep looking for this game. Not so much that it is rare, because I know where I can get it, but that I don't want to pay more than $20 for it. So, places like Best Buy sold out a long time ago, my local trade-in store NEVER has used copies in, and the places where it is still available still want $30 plus tax for a game that should have launched for $20 as part of their "Touch Generations" line.

I'm talking brick and mortar here.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Clubhouse Games and Hotal Dusk have been relisted on Circuit City.com, both for the price of $20. You can find the listings below.

Hotal Dusk

Clubhouse Games
[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, but unfortunately you cannot pre-order. You can only be notified when they are available. They will likely change the price by then. :(

[quote name='MorPhiend']Thanks for the heads up, but unfortunately you cannot pre-order. You can only be notified when they are available. They will likely change the price by then. :([/quote]

Maybe not, check out these Wal Mart.com listings I just found. They too say both games are $20.

Hotel Dusk

Clubhouse Games

I just canceled my Amazon 29.99 pre-order to take advantage of the Best Buy 19.99 price of Hotel Dusk. I will also pick up Clubhouse games at the same time this week.

[quote name='Luckychunk']I just canceled my Amazon 29.99 pre-order to take advantage of the Best Buy 19.99 price of Hotel Dusk. I will also pick up Clubhouse games at the same time this week.[/quote]

If you can take your DS online please feel free to show up to the CAG Poker Night we're starting with Clubhouse Games. It starts Tuesday night. I'll be posting a CAG Blog with the details in just a few.

Going to have to pick up clubhouse games now since I initially passed on it when it was $34.99 oh so long ago.

Both of Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games are availiable for $19.99 each on Circuitcity.com now.
Order $24 or more to get free shipping!

My local Best Buy had both Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games in stock for 19.99. I just couldn't pass up Clubhouse Games :). Is Hotel Dusk good?

[quote name='evyrew']My local Best Buy had both Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games in stock for 19.99. I just couldn't pass up Clubhouse Games :). Is Hotel Dusk good?[/quote]

I've heard good things about Hotel Dusk. I'm going to pick it up next time I see it. Don't forget the Poker Night, it will be starting in about 3 hours or so.

bread's done
Back