In the Groove Sale

Level Jumper

CAGiversary!
Just to let everyone know, I was at Best Buy today looking around and happened to be looking down at their dance pads when I saw an "in the groove" pad. I grabbed it and it was bundled with another pad and a copy of the game. I started to put it back thinking it would be at least $60 or $70, but when I looked at the price on the shelf, it said $29.99. $29.99 for two dance pads and a copy of the game. The dance pads aren't the highest quality, they're like the pads that come with most DDR bundles, but still at $29.99 it was a deal. Just thought that I'd post in case someone else was looking to pick this up. I don't know if this was just at my store or a nationwide thing.

Nationwide.

They had this as a sale item on Black Friday, but the price never went back up for some reason.

It really is a great bargain.

[quote name='Level Jumper']The pads seem to be better quality than the standard DDR mat actually.[/QUOTE]

it has the same feel and look as DDR:Mario Mix, too!

Wow, I don't remember this from Black Friday or I would have grabbed one. I'll take a look next time I'm at BB but I don't remember seeing any of these. The game is for PS2?

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, I don't remember this from Black Friday or I would have grabbed one. I'll take a look next time I'm at BB but I don't remember seeing any of these. The game is for PS2?[/QUOTE]

Its for PS2.

It had a very tiny little blurb in the Black Friday ad... the only reason I remember it from BF is because that was the day I grabbed mine, and was excited to see such an awesome deal on it :D

this was bullshit on BF...i came in there and was the 10th guy in line...NOONE was at the VG section when i got there..i didnt find the bundle and asked the guy there, he said "we dont have anymore or we didnt get any in"

BS! might check later today though :)

[quote name='Level Jumper']The pads seem to be better quality than the standard DDR mat actually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those pads are actually quite good.

[quote name='rudeboie']Yeah, those pads are actually quite good.[/QUOTE]

I'll third that. These bundles are "difficult" to find since Best Buy removed the listing from their website. I was lucky to find one last one when the $10 off coupon was still valid and picked up another bundle in addition to the one Red Octane had for ~$50 back during Thanksgiving.

Is this the Red Octane ITG pad? Orange and gray with the non-slip sorta sticky bottom? I love that pad, its sitting on my floor right now.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Is this the Red Octane ITG pad? Orange and gray with the non-slip sorta sticky bottom? I love that pad, its sitting on my floor right now.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Technically, this is a repost, though I personally don't consider that to be the sin others make it out to be. In actuality, I'm glad the OP took the time to remind us that this deal's still valid if you can find it. But for the sake of completeness, here's the old thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76603&highlight=groove

Quite impressively, swetooth has a rant about not finding this deal on BF in the old thread that almost exactly mirrors the one in this new thread. It's almost like deja vu! ;)

I remember seeing the ad for Black Friday, but I wasn't willing to be at BB at the crack of dawn to have a most likely futile shot to get one of them.

And then, a week later, I was in BB and there was one on the shelf, leftover or even possibly returned by someone. I snagged it and used a GGC. Beautiful!

I wouldn't make a trip to BB to look for one of these. It's pure luck if you happen to find one.

[quote name='Level Jumper']Are the GGCs like regular GCs or do they do something special? If they're special, how do you get one?[/QUOTE]

GGC's have a $5 dollar off any $19.99 or higher game on the back of them, other then that they are just regular gift cards.

I ask because I'm standing here with my friend who's worked at BB for 2 years and he had no idea what they were and neither did I. Thanks.

[quote name='D. Monic']Technically, this is a repost, though I personally don't consider that to be the sin others make it out to be. In actuality, I'm glad the OP took the time to remind us that this deal's still valid if you can find it. But for the sake of completeness, here's the old thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76603&highlight=groove

Quite impressively, swetooth has a rant about not finding this deal on BF in the old thread that almost exactly mirrors the one in this new thread. It's almost like deja vu! ;)[/QUOTE]

yes i did :p

and i went again today and STILL none!

they had pump it up exceed for 39.99, but it only comes with one mat...

Awesome deal for an awesome game. I just opened up ITG a few weeks ago (got it from the Red Octane $19.99 sale) and it's an amazing game, everything the newest DDR should have been: Great songs (from music artists that haven't had their songs in DDR in years like Missing Heart and E-Rotic), lots of gameplay difficulty levels and just an overall fun game to play.

They never even got any bundles at my local BB. Fine with me though. I would've picked one up for the nephew, but I've already got the game.

By the way. I've gotten an apology about the load times.
That bug was fixed right after pressing. Sequels, mixes, etc. won't be as bad.

[quote name='Roufuss']Its for PS2.

It had a very tiny little blurb in the Black Friday ad... the only reason I remember it from BF is because that was the day I grabbed mine, and was excited to see such an awesome deal on it :D[/QUOTE]

Off topic, I didn't even have a PS2 on Black Friday. My wife saw Destroy All Humans on sale and thought it looked cool and wanted to play it so she bought it. She figured we had to have a PS2 because there's 15 consoles in the basement. So that's why I went out and got a PS2 Slim. Already had an Xbox and GC and I'm not into RPGs, so had never really had a reason to get one. Now I've got a stack of Eyetoy, Karaoke, DDR, and PS2-exclusive games.

Bought this a couple of weeks ago.. still plenty of them on the selves too.. plus i had a $10 off coupon so i only paid $19.99+tax - sweet!

bread's done
Back