In Vegas from now until Tuesday

no_chocobo

CAG Veteran
We're in Vegas for an internet conference until tuesday.... where should we check out for good arcades/pinball? What about anything else nerdy we can check out?

IIRC, there's an arcade somewhere on the strip.. I think it's in a store that's either connected to or right next to the M&M store, take an escalator downstairs and there's a ton of awesome arcades

[quote name='no_chocobo']just found out there is a pinball museum here.... i think i know where we are headed[/QUOTE]

I haven't been, but that was going to be my suggestion.

[quote name='Scorch']IIRC, there's an arcade somewhere on the strip.. I think it's in a store that's either connected to or right next to the M&M store, take an escalator downstairs and there's a ton of awesome arcades[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DCpinoy']I think what Scorch is referring to is Gameworks.[/QUOTE]

Terrible idea.

Pinball Hall of Fame on Tropicana is where the OP needs to visit.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Not nerdy, but the buffet at the Bellagio is pretty epic.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the Wynn Buffet or Wicked Spoon Buffet at Cosmo.......Bellagio's buffet isn't shit anymore.

There is a video game bar down on Fremont Street that has a bunch of different arcade games in it, called Insert Coins.

Man the video gaming didn't even happen, ended up just gambling between work stuff. Did find a pinball themed slot machine we did pretty well (until the roulette table took it all away).

Food wise, we had an amazing dinner at a place called 9 in Palms. If you EVER have a chance to go there.... do it. 35-day aged ribeye with 25yr balsamic glazed mushrooms.

[quote name='no_chocobo']People who suggested The Chicken Ranch, Crazy Horse Too, etc..... GROSS. Really? ... Really?
My fiancee (who was on the trip with me) is an HIV tester.... lets just say the whole prostitute thing is a BIG part of her company's business.[/QUOTE]

Legalized and regulated brothels are supposed to be pretty safe and practice safe sex standards with condoms with the girls getting tested regularly. From various stories shared on the internet, most higher end call girls also seem very concerned about staying disease free and get tested regularly. HIV and any STD should be big concerns for anyone involved in the sex business, but I'd imagine actual street hookers and probably a lot of those "strippers" on the flyers passed out on the streets would put you at a higher risk of HIV and STDs than a girl at a regulated brothel. But that's not to say every brothel is "clean" and up to compliance standards with its girls and whatnot.

bread's done
Back