Inception $13.99 @Amazon

Not that it means you'll like it...but it was nominated for a ton of Oscars. (then again, so was The English Patient...yick!)

Very original, very well acted, I'm sure you could find someone to buy it from you for $10 if you didn't like it...

[quote name='chrisnsally']Not that it means you'll like it...but it was nominated for a ton of Oscars. (then again, so was The English Patient...yick!)

Very original, very well acted, I'm sure you could find someone to buy it from you for $10 if you didn't like it...[/QUOTE]

Well, I actually have the Netflix of it sitting on my table for a week now.

I don't understand 2 disc Blu-Rays, there's more than enough space on a single layer disc for the content (especially the Inception special features, which there isn't very much of), why don't they make it one disc?

Also, Inception is a pretty good movie. Not the best I've ever seen, but the special effects (or lack thereof) are excellent, and the plot is really good.

[quote name='ROB64']I don't understand 2 disc Blu-Rays, there's more than enough space on a single layer disc for the content (especially the Inception special features, which there isn't very much of), why don't they make it one disc?[/QUOTE]

I thought that with lossless audio you could very well fill up a single blue. But I may be wrong.

M

Thanks for the heads up. Rented this a while back after wondering what the hype was and fell in love with it. It also looks absolutely amazing on my TV, so I'm pumped to have it now and at a price far below what I would have been willing to pay for it.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I thought that with lossless audio you could very well fill up a single blue. But I may be wrong.

M[/QUOTE]You certainly can fill up a BD with a movie that has a high bitrate as well as lossless audio and not have much room for special features, if they're in 1080i or 1080p.

I have no issues with a movie that's multiple discs, as it's not that costly to expand a movie to two discs to make sure there isn't compression issues with making the movie have a lower bitrate to fit it onto a single disc. TV shows have this issue all the time trying to get 22-24 episodes onto four discs when they should be on 5 or 6 discs. Same goes for half-season length shows getting crammed onto two discs when it should be three.

Think there may be a Blu-Ray 3D release set for the end of the year. I know that's a while, but it's not like the movie was just released last week anyway. So those of you interested may want to hold out instead of double dipping.

mkm@ Inception is not in 3D .it was never released in 3D just IMAX and 2D.If they convert it to 3D in couple of years thats different story .
Thanks batmundo good find .Picked it up from bb

[quote name='shrike4242']You certainly can fill up a BD with a movie that has a high bitrate as well as lossless audio and not have much room for special features, if they're in 1080i or 1080p.

I have no issues with a movie that's multiple discs, as it's not that costly to expand a movie to two discs to make sure there isn't compression issues with making the movie have a lower bitrate to fit it onto a single disc. TV shows have this issue all the time trying to get 22-24 episodes onto four discs when they should be on 5 or 6 discs. Same goes for half-season length shows getting crammed onto two discs when it should be three.[/QUOTE]

This! A million times this! I bought a season of Burn Notice on Blu and it had the most grain I've ever seen. It looked like it was filmed in Afghanistan.

Edit: And I bought this deal :) I had rented the film for a dollar near Christmas so I received $4 off the total = $9.99!

[quote name='chrisnsally']Not that it means you'll like it...but it was nominated for a ton of Oscars. (then again, so was The English Patient...yick!)

Very original, very well acted, I'm sure you could find someone to buy it from you for $10 if you didn't like it...[/QUOTE]

And Crash was best movie...

*Gags at the thought*

[quote name='pythoncancer']mkm@ Inception is not in 3D .it was never released in 3D just IMAX and 2D.If they convert it to 3D in couple of years thats different story .
Thanks batmundo good find .Picked it up from bb[/QUOTE]

I never said it was released in 3D. I said that there's a chance it's going to be released in Blu-Ray 3D later this year. There are plenty of articles about this being a possibility. Somehow tied to HBO On Demand. But for what it's worth, I didn't hear about it from reading an article on the internet. I heard it directly from a friend that works at WB. And that's about as specific as I'll be getting on that part, because I don't what my friend getting in trouble.

But hey, you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. Go ahead and buy it now if you'd like. Just if I do turn out to be right, realize that I'll be searching for this old thread to reply 'Told You So'. :lol:

My first blind buy for the year. I've heard many good things about this movie from my friends so I doubt I will dislike it.

Speaking of blind buys, I've never seen Fight Club. Is it worth blind buying? :whistle2:k I know my sisters like it.

[quote name='evergoo']My first blind buy for the year. I've heard many good things about this movie from my friends so I doubt I will dislike it.

Speaking of blind buys, I've never seen Fight Club. Is it worth blind buying? :whistle2:k I know my sisters like it.[/QUOTE]

I watched my netflix of this last night and am buying this today at lunch time. I plan on picking it up at Best Buy since they have the 3 disk combo pack for the same price as Amazon's Blu only version.

Loved Inception when it came out over the summer. In my top 5 for movies last year for sure.

[quote name='evergoo']Speaking of blind buys, I've never seen Fight Club. Is it worth blind buying? :whistle2:k I know my sisters like it.[/QUOTE]

Fight Club is awesome. Fincher is a fantastic director. He's directed some of my favorite movies (Seven, Zodiac and more recently, The Social Network). Even my sister likes this movie... she hates every movie. Definitely check it out.

Looks like they price matched all the Best Buy stuff that I spot checked.

I might pick up Salt and The Town unless you guys have reasons to talk me out of it.

[quote name='batmundo']*looks like they're matching Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Matching Best Buy except that Best Buy is selling the single disc for this price, while this is the two-disc. Amazon is the way to go on this one.

This movie is such an AWESOME MIND fuck! I dont buy many movies anymore because of Netflix, but there are just some movies that you HAVE to own. This is one of those movies. Its not something that you will watch and forget. It will stick with you and eat at you until you watch it again. I have seen it twice and still had to buy it. Its a must buy at this price.

[quote name='arcane93']Matching Best Buy except that Best Buy is selling the single disc for this price, while this is the two-disc. Amazon is the way to go on this one.[/QUOTE]

wait? what? I thought I just read on page 1 that BB had the 3-disc..damn all these different number of discs editions! :bomb: too...much...research to have to do for a damn movie.

I got the 3 disc when it first came out for 18 and it's really pointless to me. DVD and digital copy of the movie I have in blu ray? I have no use for them at all. All my digital copies and dvd movies (from blu rays) just sit there never being played.

It's a great movie but I think prices will get lower. I am thinking back to The Dark Knight. That movie was awesome and now the blu ray can be had for like $5 sometimes. Most likely over produced to meet demand but the demands' gotta run out sooner or later. Still, this blu ray is a great price for the time being.

I just got the three disk version at Best Buy for 13.99. It comes with a blu of the movie, a Blu special features disk, and a DVD. So the first two disks are the same as Amazon and the third disk is in addition to what Amazon is giving. I advise everyone to pick this up at Best Buy.

The code to download the digital copy can also be used for 100 points for the WB rewards:
http://insiderrewards.warnerbros.com/

also you get 100 points for joining and 200 points for using code WB23. You can get free movies with the program like with disney movie rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, also just picked up Inception and The Town Triple combo-pack for $13.99 each, no problems. What I thought was funny, on an promo endcap lining the registers, they had this weeks hot deals and both versions (single disc, and 3-pack) were right next to each other with $13.99 stickers each. I feel sorry for some suckers who don't notice. On the receipt, it shows an original price for both at $29.99 with a $16.00 Discount applied. Not too bad at all.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I just got my copy from amazon, and it is the same one. THREE DISK and NO TAX.[/QUOTE]

IMO anyone buying a movie described as a two disk version is taking a risk if they assume they will get a 3 disk version. It could be that when Amazon runs out, they'll send out the 2 disk version. It's not like you can guarantee that everyone will get it.

[quote name='typical guy']IMO anyone buying a movie described as a two disk version is taking a risk if they assume they will get a 3 disk version. It could be that when Amazon runs out, they'll send out the 2 disk version. It's not like you can guarantee that everyone will get it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it is nice to let people know that there is a chance....

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the 3 disk at BB today. Being that I have to pay tax at Amazon in my state anyway plus the added bonus of having the flexibility of returning things should I decide to not keep it or should I find a lower price over the next 30 days, generally I pick BB over Amazon. Now, if Amazon beats this price over the coming Presidents' Day, I'll gladly go with them.

Thanks OP! I've been looking for a good price for this amazing movie and I was looking for an item to give me free shipping on Kingdom Hearts! Thanks again OP!

Just got mine in today from amazon and to my surprise it was the 3 disc version with a lenticular slipcover. Are they all supposed to be like that?

M

[quote name='typical guy']IMO anyone buying a movie described as a two disk version is taking a risk if they assume they will get a 3 disk version. It could be that when Amazon runs out, they'll send out the 2 disk version. It's not like you can guarantee that everyone will get it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there actually is a two-disc version. There's a single disc version that's just the movie blu-ray, and there's a three-disc version that's the movie blu-ray, the special features blu-ray, and the DVD/digital copy disc. Why on earth would they make a third version to confuse the market even more? I think that when they call it the "two disc" version, they're actually referring to the fact that there are two blu-rays, and disregarding the DVD.

[quote name='arcane93']I don't think there actually is a two-disc version. There's a single disc version that's just the movie blu-ray, and there's a three-disc version that's the movie blu-ray, the special features blu-ray, and the DVD/digital copy disc. Why on earth would they make a third version to confuse the market even more? I think that when they call it the "two disc" version, they're actually referring to the fact that there are two blu-rays, and disregarding the DVD.[/QUOTE]

correct.... the dvd/digital copy is not considered part of the blu ray.... it's considered a first pressing bonus that's only included with copies that were in the first pressing. once that pressing runs out the digital copy is no longer included

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I got the 3 disc when it first came out for 18 and it's really pointless to me. DVD and digital copy of the movie I have in blu ray? I have no use for them at all. All my digital copies and dvd movies (from blu rays) just sit there never being played.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with you. I got suckered into thinking I needed three copies of the same movie but now I'm prefectly happy just buying the bluray by itself.

Awesome deal and here's to watching this movie over and over again! (especially the hallway fight :bouncy: )

[quote name='FadeToOne']Looks like they price matched all the Best Buy stuff that I spot checked.

I might pick up Salt and The Town unless you guys have reasons to talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

I would like to talk you out of purchasing SALT on the grounds that it is not a good movie at all.
I rest my case.
Thank you for your time.

Awesome price for INCEPTION and THE TOWN, though!

[quote name='El Gray']I would like to talk you out of purchasing SALT on the grounds that it is not a good movie at all.
I rest my case.
Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

He's right, Salt was a stupid movie. It just seemed like the planned out a bunch of action scenes they could put in the movie and then they got drunk to come up with some dumb shit they could use to loosely tie it all together.

Salt script writer 1: and then! there's this crazy Russian dude! and he BREEDS CHILDREN TO BECOME SUPER SPIES. Like he teaches them how to join the CIA and shit.
Salt script writer 2: .... woooooaaaaaaah ..... that's fucking awesome
Salt script writer 3: I think we got this shit hammer'd out, let's go get some mo' Old English forties.

[quote name='El Gray']I would like to talk you out of purchasing SALT on the grounds that it has Angelina Jolie in it.
I rest my case.
Thank you for your time.
[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Reminder if anyone has rented this on Amazon video on demand, they gave out a $4 credit for it a while back. I rented it when they had a sale for $1 and got a $4 promo credit towards the BR or DVD. It takes it off automatically at checkout if it applies, so no code needed.

Looks like you also get a $5 VOD credit for this too. I'm kinda liking their service esp. since they seem to give out on demand credits like candy.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Reminder if anyone has rented this on Amazon video on demand, they gave out a $4 credit for it a while back. I rented it when they had a sale for $1 and got a $4 promo credit towards the BR or DVD. It takes it off automatically at checkout if it applies, so no code needed.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool. Do any other movies have that offer?

EDIT: Found it myself: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1288348342&pf_rd_i=16261631

I ended up getting Inception for only $10. I had a free Amazon video on demand credit that I had used to rent Inception. Renting Inception gives you a $4 credit off the purchase, so $10 triple pack. :D

bread's done
Back