Inception BD/DVD/DC - $17.99 @ Amazon.com

can anyone who got this early tell me if theirs had a sticker with the movie's name on top? wondering if this'll be another release without one

[quote name='bsesb2003']Are people really buying these now -- I try to stay away from buying individual movies -- take up space and really, do you watch it again once it is put away? Why not just rent?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with certain titles, I do. Inception classifies as one of those movies I will easily watch over and over again, just like the Matrix. It's that good and worth me breaking my policy of waiting for movies to hit sub $15.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Are people really buying these now -- I try to stay away from buying individual movies -- take up space and really, do you watch it again once it is put away? Why not just rent?[/QUOTE]

A blu-ray is a space problem for you? Do you live in a shoebox?

Broke my rule for blu rays (less than $15). Need this one and I doubt prices are going to be better until much later. Thanks.

[quote name='Ardrid']Used some slick Gold Box manipulation and decided to grab this for $17.09. I currently have an order with WBShop for $25 (along with the Ultimate Matrix Collection for $26), but I think I'm going to cancel the Inception portion of the order. Even if they tack shipping back onto the order (hoping they forget that part :)), I still get UMC for about $32, leaving me with $49 out of pocket for both movies instead of $51[/QUOTE]

How did you get the matrix or that price?

Thanks OP. I heard this was a great movie. I'll take this deal while I have the chance and add another great blu-ray to my already stacked collection.:)

[quote name='shrike4242']This is likely an early price match to the Target pricing coming up next week, though if you haven't pre-ordered it, I'd do so at this price, and if you have, make sure you check to get your price adjustment:

http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Blu-ray/dp/product/B002ZG981E[/QUOTE]

You "stay away from buying individual movies." To me, that infers that you buy multi-film boxsets instead. How much space does that save you if any? And even with boxsets, doesn't the same "why not just rent?" argument apply?

I passed on Inception in theaters (too expensive and I can't replay), and now I'll be getting 3 formats + behind the scenes features for just $17.99.

Can't complain about that.

Just swung by the local Blockbuster an they have the DVD version available. I did an instore exchange for it. I have the BD preordered but just in case I don't like it...

So I pre-ordered and it shipped on Friday. So I waited until yesterday to send off an e-mail asking about the pre-order price guarantee. Got one back saying that it must be frustrating to see a lower price but since my order shipped, it doesn't apply. It literally says on the product page "we will give you the lowest price until the end of the release date". Sent another, less cordial e-mail back and awaiting response but wondering if anybody else had this problem.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']So I pre-ordered and it shipped on Friday. So I waited until yesterday to send off an e-mail asking about the pre-order price guarantee. Got one back saying that it must be frustrating to see a lower price but since my order shipped, it doesn't apply. It literally says on the product page "we will give you the lowest price until the end of the release date". Sent another, less cordial e-mail back and awaiting response but wondering if anybody else had this problem.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has always sent me the difference in the form of a refund within a day or two if the price drops after they ship.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']So I pre-ordered and it shipped on Friday. So I waited until yesterday to send off an e-mail asking about the pre-order price guarantee. Got one back saying that it must be frustrating to see a lower price but since my order shipped, it doesn't apply. It literally says on the product page "we will give you the lowest price until the end of the release date". Sent another, less cordial e-mail back and awaiting response but wondering if anybody else had this problem.[/QUOTE]

That happens a lot. You need to hammer it into their heads that you're talking about the pre-order price guarantee which goes through 12/7/10 at 11:59pm PST. Quote the text off their site.

You'll likely get an email back that as a "one time courtesy" they're going to match it but in the future you're out of luck.. blah blah blah. whatever.

It will probably come back automatically at some point Wednesday (and sometimes they really screw up and send you the refund twice) but it's good to stay on top of it.

I tried emailing them, too, but the guy said wait until the 9th and call us back if you don't get a refund. I already got the $1.50 or so difference from ordering Eclipse.

[quote name='Justin42']That happens a lot. You need to hammer it into their heads that you're talking about the pre-order price guarantee which goes through 12/7/10 at 11:59pm PST. Quote the text off their site.

You'll likely get an email back that as a "one time courtesy" they're going to match it but in the future you're out of luck.. blah blah blah. whatever.

It will probably come back automatically at some point Wednesday (and sometimes they really screw up and send you the refund twice) but it's good to stay on top of it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, within an hour got essentially that exact quote and my refund.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']Just got my in the mail today XD

For those that have it, any idea what snapping a photo of that sticker will do?[/QUOTE]
it sends a dumb 15 second video, not worth the hassle.

[quote name='cavie2002']it sends a dumb 15 second video, not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good to know, I was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='cavie2002']it sends a dumb 15 second video, not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

how dumb are we talking about here?

Was gonna get the steelcase @ FYE but fuck it. Too much money just to buy a fucking case that has the same shit that Amazon is selling right now. Yes, I have anger issues, fuck!

Its $32.99 right now or $29.69 for membership, you also get $7 Mail-In Rebate, this brings down to $25.99 ($22.69 member). If you pm to Target for $17.99 with $7 MIR, then $10.99 is a steal! YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss having an FYE. And circuit city (despite horrible CS). And the fact that my best buy carries about 1/3 as many products as they used to. And I've never had a target within 2 hours of driving distance.

*sigh*

Update:

It's Wednesday and it's STILL not here. Something is up. It shipped on Saturday and I have Prime...99% of the time it's here by Monday, but AZ said to just be patient. I had to contact again today though, if it's not here by Wednesday I don't know what the deal is.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']Just got my in the mail today XD

For those that have it, any idea what snapping a photo of that sticker will do?[/QUOTE]

I recieved a code to unlock a digital comic on the special features disc.

Is it just me... or are the special features lame-ish? I have a feeling there's going to be a definitive version coming out some time. Then again for 17.99, it's a pretty good deal.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Update:

It's Wednesday and it's STILL not here. Something is up. It shipped on Saturday and I have Prime...99% of the time it's here by Monday, but AZ said to just be patient. I had to contact again today though, if it's not here by Wednesday I don't know what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. Package currently in limbo.

[quote name='newtype06']Is it just me... or are the special features lame-ish? I have a feeling there's going to be a definitive version coming out some time. Then again for 17.99, it's a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Nolan is supposedly not a fan of special features. I heard he wants his movies to speak for themselves so I doubt a definitive version will be out anytime soon.

My br STILL hasn't arrived, and it's time-sensitive material. *sigh* Gonna have to go buy it from walmart I guess and return the replacement from AZ when it gets here. I'm chalking this one up to a lost item in the mail.

[quote name='mr_bungle']My br STILL hasn't arrived, and it's time-sensitive material. *sigh* Gonna have to go buy it from walmart I guess and return the replacement from AZ when it gets here. I'm chalking this one up to a lost item in the mail.[/QUOTE]

This same thing happened to the last few items I've ordered from amazon. "Estimated delivery time Dec 4th" shit still isn't here today.

[quote name='mr_bungle']My br STILL hasn't arrived, and it's time-sensitive material. *sigh* Gonna have to go buy it from walmart I guess and return the replacement from AZ when it gets here. I'm chalking this one up to a lost item in the mail.[/QUOTE]
Yup, mine's not here yet either. Maybe it'll show up in today's mail, but I'm not holding my breath. Also had a game that was to be delivered Monday that is yet to arrive also. Both were supposed to be 2-day shipping, so WTF??

Or maybe your secrets were inside that Inception Blu-Ray and someone's extracted them from within your dream.

Ordered mines Tuesday night and got it today before noon. Can't wait to re-watch this movie in blu-ray. Amazon did a really good job packaging this game, unlike my previous 360 games.

bread's done
Back