Incoming Tax Refund Xbone or Ps4 Bundle search...

Praehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey All,

Those of us in the US are about to be gifted with our yearly tax returns, or slammed with paying more; and that got me thinking.  I am luckily one of the former, and not the latter. So I was thinking, this year instead of doing the sensible thing, saving, investing, etc, I'd treat myself to next gen. So I decided to poke my fellow CAGs and see if they had any suggestions.

I'm honestly in the middle right now as far as next gen goes. I currently have, WiiU, PS3, andX360. I am leaning slightly toward ps4 due to the lower cost, and the fact I dont have to buy additional charge packs to get my controllers to have rechargable batteries. This keeps the amount of batteries I have to buy to a minimum. 

I was hoping to find an Xone,or ps4 bundle, but most of them seem like a joke. It the same price as if I just went into a store and bought it all seperately. So, has anyone seen any specials, or incentives for leaning one way or another? Or purchasing from one place or another?

I'm interested in mostly cross gen titles, so most of my wants are not exclusives, but thats not to say I wouldnt take a crack at exclusives either. So How did you guys decide which way to go?

Ideally, Im looking for a system, extra controller, and enough games to give me some variety. (2+ minimum.)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Xbox One is selling for the regular $500 price, but you get a free game to chose from at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-Console-with-Your-Choice-Bonus-Game/34908649

That being said, it was on Newegg yesterday for $500 w/ Call of Duty Ghosts, but buying from Newegg means no tax for most states. Either way, bundles on the Xbox One are starting to pop up, you may just want to wait for something better if you want to go with the Xbox One. That being said, the Xbox One is a joke, at least for gaming. The Xbox One's eSRAM is too small for developers to optimize many of their games to even take advantage of full 1080p, while the PS4 has no trouble taking games to 1080p and beyond. The PS4 is rarer to find, but has been increasingly less rare in recent weeks. You may need to wait longer for a sale or a good bundle for the PS4 is all.

I would buy it on which system suits you more. PS4 for the best gaming experience with a few added multimedia features, or Xbox One for an all-in-one media hub that plays next-gen games.

As someone who currently owns both next-gen consoles, I say put it towards a gaming PC because, at this point, neither is really worth it. Put next year's tax refund towards next gen consoles, if you're still so inclined at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who currently owns both next-gen consoles, I say put it towards a gaming PC because, at this point, neither is really worth it. Put next year's tax refund towards next gen consoles, if you're still so inclined at that point.
Yeah, that would have my original idea, but I already replaced my PC due to a lightning strike, so I'm actually good there. Its just nice to have another option while my family is on the pc for whatever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One is selling for the regular $500 price, but you get a free game to chose from at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-Console-with-Your-Choice-Bonus-Game/34908649

That being said, it was on Newegg yesterday for $500 w/ Call of Duty Ghosts, but buying from Newegg means no tax for most states. Either way, bundles on the Xbox One are starting to pop up, you may just want to wait for something better if you want to go with the Xbox One. That being said, the Xbox One is a joke, at least for gaming. The Xbox One's eSRAM is too small for developers to optimize many of their games to even take advantage of full 1080p, while the PS4 has no trouble taking games to 1080p and beyond. The PS4 is rarer to find, but has been increasingly less rare in recent weeks. You may need to wait longer for a sale or a good bundle for the PS4 is all.

I would buy it on which system suits you more. PS4 for the best gaming experience with a few added multimedia features, or Xbox One for an all-in-one media hub that plays next-gen games.
I just saw that, ironically the choices for free game don't include the three launch titles Im interested in.

bread's done
Back