Incorrect PSN card code format?

Oaxan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
A little while ago in a gameshare group of mine, A fellow CAG bought $40 worth of PSN cards from Barnes and Noble. We found out that the codes are radically different then the regular ones and cannot be used.

Instead of being made up of :
4 letters and numbers - 4 L&N - 4 L&N like normal PSN codes
They have 3 numbers - 3 numbers - 4 numbers.

Both cards were activated, say they're for PSN and cannot be redeemed.
He's tried contacting Sony for weeks with no helpful responses and we think they might be for some other FastCard service.
Google hasn't helped at all.

Help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oaxan made a small error here. The incorrect format is 3 numbers-3 numbers-4 numbers, not 3-3-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='randomdud']Oaxan made a small error here. The incorrect format is 3 numbers-3 numbers-4 numbers, not 3-3-5.[/QUOTE]
Oh, right. I was going on memory, sorry 'bout that.

[quote name='Scorch']Post pictures of the cards.. the front, not the back.. I want to see what they look like[/QUOTE]
IMG_20110722_063449.jpg

[quote name='Diebythesword']I have the same card and they have the right set of codes (4-4-4). Have you tried guessing for the right combo?[/QUOTE]
It's unlikely the code is actually partially put on the card as the codes are randomly generated, so 10 digits out of 12 being numbers is almost completely impossible. It's 10/36 or so to the 10th power to only get ten numbers out of 36 possible choices (26 alphabet, 10 numbers), so I don't think this would work, but it might work for other cases like this.

Approximately: 2.7351112277912533887121746361168e-6 , so it's infinitely small pretty much.

Thanks for trying to help.

bread's done
Back