Incredible Wal-Mart Exclusive Deal on 1st & Ten

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hopefully some of you will remember this show. 1st & Ten was an HBO comedy series about a football team. It ran in the 80s and 90s.

Anyway, Season 1 and Season 2 are scheduled for release in January.

However... Wal-Mart has an incredible exclusive deal for the WHOLE SERIES of this show... all 80 episodes.

The best part... the list price is only $19.99! And the complete series will be available at Wal-Mart on November 15, a full two months before the other releases!

Read more here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4420

Wow, but they bring up a good point about the compression, and I don't imagine they can fit many (any) extras in. Still, if that information is correct, I'll probably pick it up for a little cheesy nostalgia, even if it means shopping at Walmart. Since it is Walmart, I am a little curious if it will be censored or not. I would hope not - it's pretty tame by today's standards, anyway.

It is available for pre-order, btw:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4180074

Delta Burke was in this, and it's hard to imagine now, but she was incredibly hot (and thin). A really bad show, but this was in the early days of both pay cable and my adolescence, so I took whatever T&A I could get (no, DB didn't do nudity, damnit!).

[quote name='guessed']Wow, but they bring up a good point about the compression, and I don't imagine they can fit many (any) extras in. Still, if that information is correct, I'll probably pick it up for a little cheesy nostalgia, even if it means shopping at Walmart. Since it is Walmart, I am a little curious if it will be censored or not. I would hope not - it's pretty tame by today's standards, anyway.

It is available for pre-order, btw:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4180074[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect any extras with a show that age and that obscure, anyway. Maybe the discs will be DVD-18/double-sided dual-layered. Even if they are just double-sided, it's possible to fit them in decent quality with good encoding.

Anyway, like you said it's worth $20 for the cheesiness. I'm sure that it won't be censored. I mean, if WalMart can sell other late-night fare from HBO like Oz and Sex & the City uncut, they'll sell this.

[quote name='adamsappel']Delta Burke was in this, and it's hard to imagine now, but she was incredibly hot (and thin). A really bad show, but this was in the early days of both pay cable and my adolescence, so I took whatever T&A I could get (no, DB didn't do nudity, damnit!).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember the younger Delta Burke. Also, I think this show did have nudity in it, too. I mean, I don't remember much about it, but it was about football...

Also, another 80s staple, Shannon Tweed was in this show I believe. I think she took over Delta's role or something...

Plus this show has the terrific 80s thespians Donald Gibb and Tony Longo. Plus, the Cryptkeeper is the kicker! How can you go wrong?! :rofl:

Yeah I can't imagine this boxset being censored seeing that Wallyworld sells far worse. Then again, this is the same Wallyworld that won't sell Parental Advisory CDs so who knows....

[quote name='demomanTNA']Yeah I can't imagine this boxset being censored seeing that Wallyworld sells far worse. Then again, this is the same Wallyworld that won't sell Parental Advisory CDs so who knows....[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'd censor the actual show - maybe the box will be censored, like Penn/Teller Bullshit, but dont see the show itself being changed at all.

wow... I remember this show (didnt care for it though)... but since HBO is releasing this (as well as some other old shows like Dream On are popping up in stores)... I could still hold out hope that Ill see Not Necessarily the News come out on dvd, which is still a LOOOOONG shot as it was the first HBO original comedy series

bread's done
Back