Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='arbiter']Glenbook isn't a Simon Mall...I know because I tried to spend a Simon gift cert there once. I'd bet they're raising the rates to try to become more upscale to compete with Jefferson Pointe.
It also looks like they've taken a strategy of chopping up the big stores when they leave into more smaller spaces. They got rid of the "orchard" area, and made several smaller stores near the food court area in the last remodel.[/QUOTE]That's true Glenbrook isn't a Simon Mall. I look at Simon Mall's website every once in a while, to check out Mall Directories, to know what's there, and Glenbrook Mall wasn't listed, so I don't think it is.

To compete with Jefferson Pointe, that's kind of a laugh. I've seen Jefferson Pointe do well every once in a while, but the Mall doesn't really get too busy (paritially because of its tiny parking lot). I've been to Jefferson Pointe around the time it opened, and it seemed more busy before, than it is now.

[quote name='Samurai T']To compete with Jefferson Pointe, that's kind of a laugh. I've seen Jefferson Pointe do well every once in a while, but the Mall doesn't really get too busy (paritially because of its tiny parking lot). I've been to Jefferson Pointe around the time it opened, and it seemed more busy before, than it is now.[/QUOTE]

That's so true. Most of the time whenever I have seen JP packed, it was because of one of those movies, that everyone and their mom wants to go see, was playing at the Rave. Any other time, it's got its fair-share of customers, but not as much as glenbrook.

OK, I'll be heading up to around West Lafayette this weekend or so and I'm just wondering if there are any Circuit City locations, Best Buys, or local TRUs I should hit? I'll probably be getting up there a little after noon but my friends won't be free until later in the afternoon and I'll have time to kill. Any overall suggestions?

Anyone in Fort Wayne score big on the BB guides? I went and only picked up two copies of Shadow of the Colossus. I'm debating if I should pick up more if there's any.

[quote name='erehwon']Anyone in Fort Wayne score big on the BB guides? I went and only picked up two copies of Shadow of the Colossus. I'm debating if I should pick up more if there's any.[/QUOTE]

i didnt see any of the guides at NOrthcrest best buy this morning.. went over there to renew my Rewards card

got 30,000 points for renewing (so it like free for another year)

I've been watching new DK Bongos at North Vernon (southeastern IN) Goodwill. They started out at $25, went to $12.50 and today were $6. At $6 I decided to give them a try. This may have been the last one though. They also have a Madcatz beat pad for PS2, but it was $5 last I looked. I forgot to look today; it may be $5.

PS-Does anyone else hate the Columbus Circuit City? It's the most worthless store I've ever been to.

[quote name='amos_82']Glenbrook jacked up their rates so high that Babbage's will close tomorrow!! I was walking around earlier this morning and the employees were boxing up product.[/QUOTE]

They are closing the store, but it probably has something to do with the GameStop/Babbages buyout of EBgames. It would just be silly to have two of the same stores that close to eachother. I don't think they can pull off enough business as Starbucks to get away with the close proximity.

[quote name='Kapwanil']OK, I'll be heading up to around West Lafayette this weekend or so and I'm just wondering if there are any Circuit City locations, Best Buys, or local TRUs I should hit? I'll probably be getting up there a little after noon but my friends won't be free until later in the afternoon and I'll have time to kill. Any overall suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Check out GameXchange. They have tons of stuff that you wouldn't normally find, and it's locally owned. I always go there if I don't want to spend a fortune for games, guides, or movies.

[quote name='AfroPig']where is this GameXchange at? Nearby stores I mean, I'm not good with the streetnames down here.[/QUOTE]It's on State Rd. 26. It's located by a KFC. It's closer to the highway though.

I've been to GameXchange a few times. I've been able to find some Turbo 16 Grafx games there.
[quote name='Kapwanil']OK, I'll be heading up to around West Lafayette this weekend or so and I'm just wondering if there are any Circuit City locations, Best Buys, or local TRUs I should hit? I'll probably be getting up there a little after noon but my friends won't be free until later in the afternoon and I'll have time to kill. Any overall suggestions?[/QUOTE]The Circuit City and Best Buy are basically right next to each other. They're on U.S. 52, close to the Tippecanoe Mall. Toy's R Us is kind of hidden though, although it's basically across the Mall. That's a very old TRU though, because they still have the tickets to purchase games and it's really run-down.

[quote name='amos_82']Glenbrook jacked up their rates so high that Babbage's will close tomorrow!! I was walking around earlier this morning and the employees were boxing up product.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet this is also because there is now an EB and Gamestop in the same mall...and they're owned by the same company.

I used to work at a chain that had non-compete rules where they would never put two stores within a mile of each other, and if one store moved or they built a new one, they would close or relocate the old one. They would often just transfer the employees.

I'd bet the EB is doing better business, and there are several in town, so they don't want to dilute the brand with a Gamestop. It also makes advertising cheaper, because they can just run one EB ad and it'll cover all the stores.

There's a store named Videogame Exchange in Kokomo...not sure if it's part of the same chain as the Lafayette store or not...I was there a few days ago while visiting my family (they all live in Kokomo/Greentown). They had pretty much every game for every system I could think of...huge inventory. Their prices on most stuff wasn't too bad...not cheap...but cheaper than the national chains. Saw Tengen Tetris for $25...most guides seemed to be around $6...lots of cheap Gameboy games. Noticed they had almost every big box PS1 game in the $6 range if anyone is collecting those. My brother trades/sells games there and they give decent prices. He traded in some Time Crisis games with the gun he got from Game Crazy and got like $27 cash each.

Also saw some stuff I don't see at the big chains much anymore: huge NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSone selection. Even saw some Neo Geo pocket games and more obscure stuff.

[quote name='Rictor']There's a store named Videogame Exchange in Kokomo...not sure if it's part of the same chain as the Lafayette store or not...I was there a few days ago while visiting my family (they all live in Kokomo/Greentown). They had pretty much every game for every system I could think of...huge inventory. Their prices on most stuff wasn't too bad...not cheap...but cheaper than the national chains. Saw Tengen Tetris for $25...most guides seemed to be around $6...lots of cheap Gameboy games. Noticed they had almost every big box PS1 game in the $6 range if anyone is collecting those. My brother trades/sells games there and they give decent prices. He traded in some Time Crisis games with the gun he got from Game Crazy and got like $27 cash each.

Also saw some stuff I don't see at the big chains much anymore: huge NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSone selection. Even saw some Neo Geo pocket games and more obscure stuff.[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to check that place out, but haven't really had the chance. (I live in Peru) Where is that store located, street wise.

You know where Hills used to be? Same street...opposite side of the road, just past Wendys. I forget the name of that street...it might be Washington Street.

A note to those that were going to go to the Gamestop I mentioned to check out the 50% off games...don't bother. I was there today and the kid that works there said that they got in trouble from corporate for doing that sale and they aren't going to be doing it again. I was finally going to grab Wario Ware Twisted too as it was still sitting there in the bin (but the 50% off tag was gone).

So I went to the TRU on 38th today...

I had forgotten how much of a ******* pit 38th street was and still is. Then I got to TRU and found out what a real pit looks like. From the outside you would think the building has been condemned for 20 years.

Anyway, there's not much left worth buying at the current prices. I went specifically for 360 stuff, but all they had were some faceplates (still too expensive at $12) and some standard AV cables. There was one memory unit behind the counter. They also had copies of THAW, Perfect Dark 0 standard and limited editions, one copy of Kameo, and some racing game I didn't care about. Also a few 3 months subscription cards on the floor and behind the counter.

Apparently they consider games with accessories included as games, and as such they're only 20% off. They still had plenty Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, some dancing game for Xbox, and Taiko Drum Master, but they were only 20% off, so nothing too dramatic there.

Most of the console games left were junk. Some decent stuff in there if you haven't played them before, but nothing really great for the price. I couldn't tell if the former green tagged stuff was still ringing up at the green tagged price plus the 20% off, but they definitely weren't marked that way.

There were, however, plenty of DS games and a few DS systems. The sign said systems were 20% off (I only saw the DS and about a bajillion GB micros, no other systems). Lots of PSP games, too.

They also have four or five gray GC Wavebirds, $17.xx each. A decent pickup if you don't have one. I would have grabbed another, but the GC is basically dead and I never used it for multiplayer anyway.

Tons and tons of junk accessories. They have a lot of EA Sports Xbox controllers that I wouldn't use if I were paid to do so. Also a lot of bottom-tier, third party GC controllers in some sort of kit with some other garbage. And they have a boatload of old, crusty Xbox Live starter kits that come with Crimson Skies, so you know the codes inside are at least a year past expiration.

Guides are not apparently considered accessories, either. All "magazines" as they were labelled were marked at 20% off. They have 800 back issues of Nintendo Power if you're into that sort of thing.

Can't think of much more than that. The signs said all fixtures and furniture were for sale, but as far as I could tell, no one had claimed the GC kiosk or any of the promotional fixtures within the gaming department (almost all the glass cases, strangely enough, had been sold). I probably should have asked if that stuff was for sale, but I wasn't going to buy it even if it was.

And yes, that dude that works there does look like Craig. Even more so, though, he SOUNDS like Craig. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Yeah, "Craig" is a nice guy. He used to work at the Castleton TRU actually. Always amused me how he'd come around the corner and in that friendly "Craig" voice he'd ask, "So what brings you around our friendly neighborhood today? If you have any questions just let me know!" All he needs is that pharmacy get up and he'd be good to go as a replacement.

That lot TRU is on is terrible though. The big lot out front looks like it got hit by mortar shells.

Only one more 360 memory card huh? Might pick that up if they still have it when I go next time.

[quote name='Rictor']You know where Hills used to be? Same street...opposite side of the road, just past Wendys. I forget the name of that street...it might be Washington Street.[/QUOTE]

Ended up finding it the other day, corner of Lincoln and Rainbow.

Nice little store. Ended up picking up a cart only Final Fantasy Adventures (GB) for a friend. Got myself Silent Hill 2 (Xbox) and the Beyond Good and Evil strategy guide for around $16. Almost picked up the guide for Silent Hill (PS) but ended up passing it up. Kicked myself for it later, as the EB in Markland had a mint/complete copy of it, non GH to boot.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']So I went to the TRU on 38th today...

Can't think of much more than that. The signs said all fixtures and furniture were for sale, but as far as I could tell, no one had claimed the GC kiosk or any of the promotional fixtures within the gaming department (almost all the glass cases, strangely enough, had been sold). I probably should have asked if that stuff was for sale, but I wasn't going to buy it even if it was.

And yes, that dude that works there does look like Craig. Even more so, though, he SOUNDS like Craig. Seemed like a really nice guy.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I've tried to get the Gamecube Kiosk and the display posters and they won't sell them. Supposedly the Gamecube kiosks are going back to Nintendo, which is what other TRU employees have been reporting in the main TRU thread. As for the display posters, I may try again next time I'm there as the manager wasn't around when I asked and he knows me so I might be able to get a couple of the cooler ones.

Make sure you hit up Game Crazy if you go to the 38th St. TRU as they're in the same parking lot.

Which EB? I drove around to 3 or 4 EBs today on the west side and Castleton and they had all either been cleaned out of penny guides or threw them away. Did buy two guides at a Gamestop on 86th St. but the guy that worked there said he was just getting ready to clean all the penny guides out and toss them away. There were quite a few penny guides still at that store but none I wanted. They had a Zelda Windwaker guide there but it rang up full price somehow...must have been a different brand than the one on the penny list.

Also, is some one here on the board wiping out all the TRU stores of penny guides or are they just really on the ball when it comes to tossing them out? I drove to 3 TRU stores and didn't find one...I figured my best bet was East Washington St. because that one is almost as run down as the 38th St. one that's going out of business, but they didn't have any either. They did still have the labels on the racks though, so it looks like one person might have come in and grabbed them all. I found pretty much every guide I wanted from the lastest drop in a store, on this site, or on GTZ though, so I'm fine. Kind of ticked off that I paid $5 for the Advance Wars DS guide on here and then found a copy for a penny today though.

Anyone ever try to trade any guides to Half Price books? They sell them for half cover price. My guess is they give about 25 cents each in trade credit though, which is what they do with comic books. I'd love to go in there and trade some new penny guides for the older guides they sell if they gave a decent trade value for them.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That lot TRU is on is terrible though. The big lot out front looks like it got hit by mortar shells..[/QUOTE]

Considering what part of town it's in, that wouldn't surprise me. I swore off going to Laf Square Mall about two years ago when I pulled in the parking lot and some guy was taking a whiz right in the middle of the spot next to where I was pulling in. I felt like saying, "Dude, the mall is 25 feet away. There are restrooms in there!" But I decided I'd rather not get stabbed, shot, or perhaps urinated on...

RD

BTW...has anyone got any deals from the Greenwood Circuit City? I was in there today, and had them ring up some of the sale games listed elsewhere on this site. No dice on ANYTHING coming up at the prices posted. Very weird, because I've always done really well there in the past...hmmm...

RD

[quote name='[email protected]']Considering what part of town it's in, that wouldn't surprise me. I swore off going to Laf Square Mall about two years ago when I pulled in the parking lot and some guy was taking a whiz right in the middle of the spot next to where I was pulling in. I felt like saying, "Dude, the mall is 25 feet away. There are restrooms in there!" But I decided I'd rather not get stabbed, shot, or perhaps urinated on...

RD[/QUOTE]Haha. I haven't stepped foot in Lafayette Square Mall in years now. Only reason I stopped by was if I couldn't find a particular thing at the other Champs in other areas. They seem to have a good selection at that one. Aside from that though, there's not much at that mall for me to look through.

It's kind of annoying though, that Circle Centre is now turning into a "hangout" mall. Tons of kids just walk around the damn place not really doing much of anything. And I hate it when they walk in one big line side by side taking up most of the walkways. It's not like they own the damn place.

So I usually keep my shopping there during weekday lunch hours. At least then it's mostly business folk who are just in the food court.

Edit: As far as the CC thing goes, best place I've had luck w/ is the CC up in Clay Terrace. I hate the Greenwood store as they're just so poorly organized.

[quote name='[email protected]']BTW...has anyone got any deals from the Greenwood Circuit City? I was in there today, and had them ring up some of the sale games listed elsewhere on this site. No dice on ANYTHING coming up at the prices posted. Very weird, because I've always done really well there in the past...hmmm...

RD[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got a few clearance games there. They had a clearance rack or bin when I was there a few weeks ago. What you have to watch out for, are the clearance games with new UPC stickers on the back. Those are the only ones that don't ring up on sale usually or ring up on sale but lower than the prices posted in this thread. For instance, I was going to grab Tekken Tag Tournament because it was a $3.95 game, but it had the UPC sticker on it there and rang up at like $9.95 so I skipped it. I do remember getting Zelda II GBA there for $6.95 or something like that...it was on an endcap and the price tag still said $15.00.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's kind of annoying though, that Circle Centre is now turning into a "hangout" mall. Tons of kids just walk around the damn place not really doing much of anything. And I hate it when they walk in one big line side by side taking up most of the walkways. It's not like they own the damn place.[/QUOTE]

Circle Center is actually a lot better than it used to be, especially since they kick the kids out at night now. I remember back in the mid 90s there were gang fights in the mall and they tightened security a lot because the rich people that do most of the shopping there didn't feel safe. I remember having to show my ID to a cop to get into the Sega arcade and seeing cops posted at every entrance and all over the mall. Police presence isn't nearly as high anymore but I haven't had any problems at that mall. The scariest part used to be the people that hung out in the parking garage...just sitting on the stairs all day and hanging out...haven't noticed that much recently either. Can't really think of a reason to hang out in a parking garage unless you're waiting for a little old lady to mug.

No matter how bad it gets, the G-wood CC is still better than the one in Columbus. It is truly the worst electronics store I've ever been to.

[quote name='[email protected]']Considering what part of town it's in, that wouldn't surprise me. I swore off going to Laf Square Mall about two years ago when I pulled in the parking lot and some guy was taking a whiz right in the middle of the spot next to where I was pulling in. I felt like saying, "Dude, the mall is 25 feet away. There are restrooms in there!" But I decided I'd rather not get stabbed, shot, or perhaps urinated on...

RD[/QUOTE]

Dude was probably trying to mark his parking space for when he gets a car.

I was at the Cash Indiana pawn shop in Lake Station, IN the other day and they had 4 NES systems at $20 a piece. They're probably still there but I doubt if they will be for long. They also had quite a few good games including Bubble Bobble and Mike Tyson's Punch Out for $4 each.

Damn, I'd take those games at $4 each...probably pass on the NES systems at $20 though...pretty easy to find those for a couple bucks at garage sales in Indy.

so how does the Ft. Wayne CC look in terms of the clearence games? I'm going home this weekend and want to know if I should even bother stopping by there.

[quote name='AfroPig']so how does the Ft. Wayne CC look in terms of the clearence games? I'm going home this weekend and want to know if I should even bother stopping by there.[/QUOTE]
I've only stopped by there once in the last few weeks and didn't see much, though I didn't look too hard.

[quote name='AfroPig']so how does the Ft. Wayne CC look in terms of the clearence games? I'm going home this weekend and want to know if I should even bother stopping by there.[/QUOTE]

i say they have very few items .... i stopped today and grabbed

Tony hawk 4 cube (last copy)

WOrld championship poker DS (last copy)

they had that hiden tiger game and maybe 1 or two more but nothing to go WOOOOOOOOOOOO about... they never did

they do have VF 4 but it rings up 19.99

Target Glenbrook had a few clearanced copies of Time Splitters Future Perfect on Xbox at $13 and some odd cents ($13.48 I believe). Very solid game at super price.

Snagged two off an end-aisle near PC games area (of all places).

Little else of any consequence for the Box. Did spot a number of clearanced titles for PS2, along with a couple puzzle-type DS games, Meteos and another, for $21 and some odd cents. Decent price but no blowout.

Glenbrook Target also did have one core Xbox 360 console behind the glass in electronics for the better part of an hour before it sold (I took a pass on it but the first I've seen actually in stock).

The Indy 38th St TRU is now cleaned out of games. If anyone on CAG was part of the last rush of cleaners I'm looking for a copy of Jungle Beat W/ Bongos. PM if interested

That sounds very odd, makes me wonder if TRU shipped the stuff to another store or if they sold what was left in mass to some other location.

[quote name='iufoltzie']The Indy 38th St TRU is now cleaned out of games. If anyone on CAG was part of the last rush of cleaners I'm looking for a copy of Jungle Beat W/ Bongos. PM if interested[/QUOTE]

I was in there yesterday, and I asked what was up. Apparently, the games were all ringing up at the wrong prices (reportedly 70% off!) so they pulled everything from the shelves. They still have games, but aren't putting them back out until they fix the glitch. As of 4pm Saturday, they were still pulled...

RD

[quote name='iufoltzie']The Indy 38th St TRU is now cleaned out of games. If anyone on CAG was part of the last rush of cleaners I'm looking for a copy of Jungle Beat W/ Bongos. PM if interested[/QUOTE]

People are crazy...the discount isn't even high enough yet for me to buy 99.9% of the stuff I saw back when stuff there was only 10% off.

If ALL the games are gone, I'd say that the wholesalers that bought the inventory decided to sell it off in a different manner...perhaps as a closeout to another chain like a Big Lots type of chain...or perhaps they auctioned it off. TRU no longer owns any of the inventory at the stores that are going out of business so it wouldn't be transferred to another TRU store.

On an unrelated note, I went to Lafayette today to drop off my nephew at Purdue. Circuit City had a couple bins of clearance games and several better clarance games still ont he racks. Found 1 penny guide (Star Wars Episode III) at Best Buy, and the TRU there had a few $10 games left...nothing great. They use the ticket system so who knows what they actually have in stock. There were 20 Geist tickets but I didn't try buying any copies.

[quote name='briansraregames']I was at the Cash Indiana pawn shop in Lake Station, IN the other day and they had 4 NES systems at $20 a piece. They're probably still there but I doubt if they will be for long. They also had quite a few good games including Bubble Bobble and Mike Tyson's Punch Out for $4 each.[/QUOTE]

If you go back that way, I'd pay $10 shipped for Bubble Bobble if you want to grab me a copy.

Went to the indoor flea market in Lafayette that's across the street from the mall. Don't waste your time. They had a handful of overpriced cart-only NES games and some crappy old sport titles for the modern systems. The video game case was almost empty so maybe they had more games in the recent past or maybe since the case is left unlocked, they only have games in it when some one is there to watch the booth.

Just a quick note that the games are back out at TRU 38th street. Not a lot left, but more than the zero that was out there before. I nabbed F-Zero for the GBA for $7, but didn't see much else that I wanted, other than Nanostray DS that was too pricey for me at $20. 8)

RD

[quote name='Rictor'] On an unrelated note, I went to Lafayette today to drop off my nephew at Purdue. Circuit City had a couple bins of clearance games and several better clarance games still ont he racks. Found 1 penny guide (Star Wars Episode III) at Best Buy, and the TRU there had a few $10 games left...nothing great. They use the ticket system so who knows what they actually have in stock. There were 20 Geist tickets but I didn't try buying any copies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any real gamers working in the customer service section and the majority of the games either have tickets, don't, or the tickets are completely misplaced. It makes it a bit harder to find what you want, unfortunately, but there are still a few gems there. Nothing spectacular if you really have to go out of your way, though.

[quote name='[email protected]']Just a quick note that the games are back out at TRU 38th street. Not a lot left, but more than the zero that was out there before. I nabbed F-Zero for the GBA for $7, but didn't see much else that I wanted, other than Nanostray DS that was too pricey for me at $20. 8)

RD[/QUOTE]

Heh...I bought Nanostray DS at that store before Christmas for $15 on sale. Surprised they raised the price back on it. Probably be a universal price drop to $15 on that title sometime this year.

ever since the 5 dollar sale way back they removed almost all reduced price games and repackage them in the 19.99 type value game packaging. or at least thats what I have seen the last few drops i checked.

Target is running a sale on USB flash drives. I saw several kinds from 64mb up to 256mb for $20 and less.

The Imation USB wristband in 256mb is only $19.99, it's a flexible rubber bracelet with the drive inside it.

bread's done
Back