Indiana Deals Thread

I've been getting really good deals on PC games now that target changed their VG section. Go through the PC stuff and look for red tags. They're marking stuff down once it's past a few months old. I just got Borderlands and Bioshock 2 for $14 each. My brother got Orange Box for 360 for $13.

Ladies, the Target in southport had bioshock collector's edition for $50. I think that they had 2 for PS3 and 1 xbox.

Anyone from Ft Wayne going to the Penny Arcade Expo in Boston this year? March 11-13th.
There is a group taking the trains to Boston. The line from Chicago to Boston goes through the Waterloo station, so there is an option to join up with a group there.

[quote name='VA']Ladies, the Target in southport had bioshock collector's edition for $50. I think that they had 2 for PS3 and 1 xbox.[/QUOTE]

Same goes for Castleton Target.

I almost bought one.

Almost.

There is a PS3 Bioshock CE at the Greenwood store as well.

Does anyone know if any of the local Indy stores still have a console copy of Alpha Protocol after the drop down from $30? There were 5 or 6 at the Greenwood store last Saturday still marked at $30, but they must have dropped again because when I checked yesterday they were all gone and the single PC copy had been marked down to $13.

Also if anyone is interested in the music games, Green Day Rock Band dropped to $13 this past week at the GW store. I grabbed the last copy, but I'm sure there are more in other locations around town. Guitar Hero Van Halen refuses to drop. The Greenwood copies are still laughably expensive at $35.

Let me know if any of you are looking for something particular. I have a pretty good nose for deals

[quote name='VA']Let me know if any of you are looking for something particular. I have a pretty good nose for deals[/QUOTE]

I am actually looking for the cheapest way to get Beatles Rock Band. I can't find the collector's edition anywhere for a decent price. I'm ok with piecing together the non special edition controllers though.

I would prefer the Wii version. I can do PS3 if necessary.

[quote name='ZepZach']I am actually looking for the cheapest way to get Beatles Rock Band. I can't find the collector's edition anywhere for a decent price. I'm ok with piecing together the non special edition controllers though.

I would prefer the Wii version. I can do PS3 if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Only version I have seen recently is the Xbox 360 version...$39.95 at Blockbuster stores new with all the instruments.

Target clearanced theirs out last year.

Brownsburg Walmart has Wiis on clearance for 180 in the clearance section.....not electronics.

[quote name='VA']Brownsburg Walmart has Wiis on clearance for 180 in the clearance section.....not electronics.[/QUOTE]

I would jump if they got down to around $150. I bet we'll see a $150 Black Friday Wii deal this year though.

I hit up FYE in the Castleton Square Mall a couple weeks ago and they had a bin of used DVDs for 50 cents each. Nothing amazing, but some okay movies like Tomb Raider, Million Dollar Baby for 50 cents each. I bought 8 while was there...$4 plus tax, can't beat that. I imagine they are probably gone by now. Good store to check for random clearance deals though.

[quote name='ZepZach']I am actually looking for the cheapest way to get Beatles Rock Band. I can't find the collector's edition anywhere for a decent price. I'm ok with piecing together the non special edition controllers though.

I would prefer the Wii version. I can do PS3 if necessary.[/QUOTE]

I saw just the game for 360 in stock and on clearance at the Westfield Target at 146th and Meridian. I think it was like 10 dollars.

Kindof slow in the thread so I guess I'll ramble on about my day :)

It's been pretty crappy at work for the last couple of weeks so I decided it was time for some retail therapy. Back when I was in Kansas, doing 30-40K miles per year, I could just stop at a few shops in different cities along the way and sometimes get lucky.

For instance, I went through my old posts and looked at my old trips below in St Joseph (MO), Colorado Springs (business trip), or Richmond (VA- once I moved):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2214418&postcount=110
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2664368&postcount=216
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2664368&postcount=217
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5089925&postcount=107
Granted, the big scores always happen at one place and they're so darn rare. But I went for a more conventional "I'm in a part of town I don't always head to so let's see what I can get at a few stores along the way".

I started at the Goodwill Outlet store on Shadeland. Saw a couple of broken PS1 games in there but nothing worth keeping. I got something neat for my wife there for 37 cents. Also, I saw some guy had a yellowed SNES in his cart :D

BTW, for the record- trying to backfill holes in my collection, PSX and SNES seem to be the ones that are disproportionately expensive. I mean, PS2 and NES stuff are like candy and pretty cheap. The N64 is a little expensive but there weren't a ton of games so I've done pretty good proportionally with the collection. But that PSX and SNES... just cost too much for how mass produced they are.

Next up was KMart. I have to admit, they've stepped up their game lately with this whole rewards program and the rep posting in the CAG forum, etc. Good to see more gaming competition because I was worried for a while there that we would just be down to ol' bait and switch Best Buy, pricescrew Gamestop, and "yes we have games but we don't care about games" WalMart. I picked up a copy of :ds: Dragon Quest 6 since it has a $15 reward back. Hard to go wrong with it at $20, in essence.

Next up, I stopped at Target in Washington Square. I was hoping to find the Mario Monopoly, Chess, or Yahtzee on clearance but no such luck. I got some heater/air conditioner filters on clearance which was fortuitous as we just put in our last ones this week.

Next in the mall, I went to the Gamestop. There's just something good about a good EB/GS. I walked up with a $15 copy of :ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (last one, sorry) and the guy at the desk, definitely a gamer, refers to me as "welcome, collector of rare and strange games" and we chat about how it used to be a Babbages- you can tell by the shape. Good stuff.

Finally, I go up to WalMart and picked up their last copy (sorry, again) of :wii: Red Steel 2 with Wii MotionPlus for $20 (and some girl scout cookies at the shoe store next door- I mean, really, they set up at the shoe store instead of the WalMart)

Tomorrow, I'm going to hit up McVan's and then go to Castelton and get my Celebi and try out Pokemon: Black/White.

SI

If anyone is planning on going to Castleton Square tomorrow for the Pokemon thing: Good luck and be patient! I went today and the crowds, parking, and traffic were on par with the weekends before Christmas. You'd probably be best to go near the Sears side of the mall and park there. I got some ok parking near Von Maur- I didn't care as walking's pretty easy. It's just that space was pretty limited.

They had two giant semis with Pokemon logos parked out in front so no mistaking what's going on. Heck, in the lot- there were a lot of non-Indiana license plates. There were quite a few Iowas, Illinois, and Ohios. I downloaded my Celebi at EB- no big deal.

However, there's this scavenger hunt thing where you had to find 5 different stations in the mall and get stamps. So, yeah, imagine putting 5 stations at different points in the mall and kids trying to get between all of them to get stamps with crowds the size of Christmas. Just think about that for a second. If you get them all, you get to spin a wheel for a prize (stylus, some plastic cell phone thing, or plush). Myself, I got a stylus. Anyways, I kept introducing myself as "that guy this hour who is too old to be doing this" which kindof run hollow when there were some cosplayers who came after me at a couple of them.

There was also a big screen set up to watch Pokemon cartoons, somewhere you could download a demo to your DS for Black/White, and giant mascot Pokemon to take pictures with. But, in short- just know what you're getting yourself into if you plan on going. Frankly, I expected a somewhat smaller crowd- I mean, I know Pokemon is hugely popular and I'm sure Black/White will sell another 3M in the launch month. But, wow- this I didn't expect. I thought maybe a steady stream of people but this was pretty crazy and one of the guys I talked to said it had been even worse in the morning.

BTW, I also spent an unhealthy amount on older games at McVan's and Disc Replay today. DR has mostly lower prices but McVan's seemed to buy for more from the people who came in when I was there. Also, the service at McVan's was excellent- I tied up one of the guys on a Saturday afternoon for more than an hour going through stuff and they were really cool about it. Definitely will be going back and have some stuff from other stores being shipped there.

SI

The Blockbuster at Worthsville Road and US-31 in Greenwood is closing. They will continue to rent until Thursday the 24th, then the liquidators take over for an April closing. Good opportunity to get low prices on everything until they jack it up for the liquidation sale.

Does anyone know if the Sears Essentials Kmart in Noblesville honors the weekly deals. Interested in Enslaved for $15.

Located one at Castleton BB. I don't know if they had anymore since I called ahead and had them hold it for me.

On my way home from work the other day I noticed that there is a Blockbuster Video that is closing. It is on 116th street near Allisonville Road. I keep meaning to swing in and see if there is anything good to be found, but never seem to have the time.

Blockbuster about 30 minutes south of Lafayette, IN is closing with 12 days left. (Greencastle?) DVDs are at about $4.99

Blockbuster IN Lafayette, IN is closing and is just at 14.99. BUT there is a HUGE deal going on in the Lafayette, IN Blockbuster.

If you go to the Blockbuster and use their instore computer to sign up for Blockbuster's version of netflix, you get any 3 videos (bluray or dvd) in the store FOR FREE. Bonus is the blockbuster netflix is free for the first month. So you sign up in store, get 3 free videos, and then BAM cancel it once you get home. 3 free Blurays

http://i55.tinypic.com/sbrm6t.jpg

Hi I live in the lafayette Indiana area anyone know of a wifi hot spot that I can go to?

I need to get the liberty ticket and my internet is really slow and I don't have wifi or know anyone who does.

I've been to starbucks, mcdonalds, panera and never seem to have any luck and the employees don't know much on it maybe I'm doing something wrong..

I got a old ds and dsi so it's not my system.

Anyone know of one where it worked for them?

Anyone know how Disc Replay is on trade? I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of cartridge based stuff and I don't want to get completely ass fucked in the deal.

[quote name='doodmandood']I know of the place.

People are dicks there.

Go to disc replay.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame- I'm always in the market for more places to shop. Tho, I have had great luck with Disc Replay and have gone to all of them around town now. Picked up quite a few older collection fillers that I was missing (from $1 NES games to SMRPG to complete my "Big Five SNES Square RPG" collection- FF2, FF3, CT, EB, and SMRPG)

SI

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Anyone know how Disc Replay is on trade? I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of cartridge based stuff and I don't want to get completely ass fucked in the deal.[/QUOTE]

You will be.

Any place is like that.

[quote name='evilmojo12542']walmart on us31 greendwood area had a boatload of $8 used games across all platforms.[/QUOTE]

I must be blind because I couldn't find them at all. I went to the one on 31 and the one on County Line

Target at Washington Square had copies of :wii: Animal Crossing for $12. I decided to pass. I picked up a really small 320GB hard drive for $30, tho :D

SI

Decided to take the long way (aka Washington St) home last night and my night was (Prepare for bad pun. Yes, I mean it. It's really bad. Here it comes. I warned you) EPIC!

First, at the Toys R Us, I picked up:
:wii: $15 Disney EPIC Mickey
:wii: $6 Excitebots ($10 clearance - 30% off)
They still had 5 or so copies of Epic Mickey and they had a lot of copies of the magazine with the coupon. Heck, they had copies of the coupon behind the counter and the person at the desk was very cool and helpful about it. The sticker is covered up with their other promotion (the $20 Epic Mickey charger) so you can't see the price. I think that's why there are still copies left. Excitebots- it was the last one, so sorry about that.

Then I went right down the street to Best Buy and picked up the following, which had multiple copies left:
:wii: $20 Kirby's EPIC Yarn (actually, in my mind, it was $15 since I had a gift card for $5)
:wii: $15 Metroid: Other M

So, again, in my mind, all 4 games for $15 or less. Still copies out there of 3. Great prices to grab these at and they have availability until El Hoardo finds them. Sales on all of them end today, tho.

Also picked up Mega Man 6 from Disc Replay for $10 so I'm pretty happy about that one, too. They had a Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast but it wasn't in the right case- just a standard 4 DVD case and not a Dreamcast case or I might have bit- it was marked at $25.

SI

[quote name='irratebass']Just found this thread, WOW an Indiana thread! Right now I'm in need of nothing, but cheap ms points[/QUOTE]

You post on the Indy Hardcore board, don't you? I knew I recognized the name.

hi everyone im want to ask for those that live at Indiana, what its the best place to get good video games deals. i have a friend that its going to a trip over there for a week so maybe he can buy and get some games for me... mostly ps3 games, psn cards and accesories

thx

Indianapolis Marriot Downtown

350 West Maryland Street

Indianapolis (City)

Indiana (State)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of Disc Replay but mostly for older stuff. They do have newer stuff but I don't really look at it. There are 4 or 5 of them around town- Wash St, NE, NW, Greenwood, Avon- I think.

SI

I'm on a huge JRPG kick, and it's pretty hard to find a few for the 360 recently. I'm looking for Magnacarta2, Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia. I live in Northwest Indiana, aka The Region. I'm looking for these in new or like new condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='eilegz']Indianapolis Marriot Downtown

350 West Maryland Street

Indianapolis (City)

Indiana (State)[/QUOTE]

You might send him to McVan's Video
Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis, Indiana

I haven't had a chance to get down there to visit the store yet, but I've had alot of people say they have a nice variety.

They do have a decent variety but the pricing still is a bit out of hand and if they still have the same employees, I haven't been there in 6 months, were complete jackasses. Granted you can't get much but jackasses when your store is in Broad Ripple.

I was just in there Saturday and the guy who was working was pretty cool- we chatted about vintage games for a bit while I was going through games. But, yeah, prices are a bit high.

SI

Just a heads up for those in NW IN, the blockbuster in Crown Point had a ton of 99c blurays today. I picked up quite a few but there was a whole double sided table full plus 4-5 boxes full on the floor when I left about 2pm.

bread's done
Back