Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='Sinnbox']EDJE is owned by the cofounder of both the Book nook,and SQ, IMHO they have the best prices/Service, There is one located across from ElCamio Reale in Bluffton, and By East of Chicago Pizza in Berne.

I checked the South Town K-Mart for clearance deals today, I found nothing, someone must have wiped it out.

I saw a wavebird for 9.99 at the Cash America Pawn on Colliseum. if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so that's Ed's place, right? Whatever place is his is the one I recommend.

Ya, EDJE is owned by ED, He knows his stuff!! His cousin runs the EDJE in Bluffton, and he runs the one in Berne, they also sell games at the riverside center flea market in Decatur on the first sunday of every month. they have a webiste www.EDJEvideotrader.com, it's kinda lame, but it tells what sales they are having each month.

Hey all. Little more PC help. (recap- now for basic internet stuff and some video processing as well as possibly some H264 stuff. later Starcraft II)

Been looking at a m-atx board w/ on board video for now and pci-e slot for later if needed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188021

a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor or a Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

link for 2.66 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115029

now when picking the guys brain at stone he suggested DDR2 PC5300 667 ram. The board says it takes 533,667 or 800 ram. If I am understanding ram right since its dual sided that would be 667+667=1333. is that correct? The processor has a 1333 FSB as well as the board. Logically I would want the ram to match it to right ¿?

Also I dont know if I would to much worry about overclocking but having all three the same would yield the best results if I did right ¿?

So basically any thoughts on what kind of ram would be good for this setup ? guessing at 2x2gb worth. 256 or 512 for on board video and the other 3.5gb for windows since windows xp 32bit usually only picks up 3-3.5 gigs out of 4 any ways.

Thanks for any and all your help.

[quote name='floormat']Hey all. Little more PC help. (recap- now for basic internet stuff and some video processing as well as possibly some H264 stuff. later Starcraft II)

Been looking at a m-atx board w/ on board video for now and pci-e slot for later if needed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188021

a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor or a Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

link for 2.66 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115029

now when picking the guys brain at stone he suggested DDR2 PC5300 667 ram. The board says it takes 533,667 or 800 ram. If I am understanding ram right since its dual sided that would be 667+667=1333. is that correct? The processor has a 1333 FSB as well as the board. Logically I would want the ram to match it to right ¿?

Also I dont know if I would to much worry about overclocking but having all three the same would yield the best results if I did right ¿?

So basically any thoughts on what kind of ram would be good for this setup ? guessing at 2x2gb worth. 256 or 512 for on board video and the other 3.5gb for windows since windows xp 32bit usually only picks up 3-3.5 gigs out of 4 any ways.

Thanks for any and all your help.[/QUOTE]

That motherboard doesn't look too bad, though I usually avoid m-atx boards unless you really need a smaller board. The one bad thing I noticed about the board is that it is only PCI-Express x16 and not the PCI Express 2.0 x16 spec. For Starcraft II, I'm going to imagine that a high end video card is going to be needed.

As for ram, I usually buy the fastest ram my motherboard will support. I would look at the DDR2 800 ram. That's what newegg has the most of right now and the prices are down pretty well. This Crucial ram is $64 before rebate ($34 after). I would just buy one of the 2 gig kits for now. I don't really think you need 4 gig unless you were planning on going to a high end vista rig.

I don't really know what you were doing with the adding together of ram speeds. I don't imagine that being right. You did also ask about overclocking. If you do overclock, you're going to want some fast, high quality ram. You would also want to do some research on that motherboard to see what options it has in that department. A small board like that might be not very well suited for overclocking.

[quote name='erehwon']That motherboard doesn't look too bad, though I usually avoid m-atx boards unless you really need a smaller board. The one bad thing I noticed about the board is that it is only PCI-Express x16 and not the PCI Express 2.0 x16 spec. For Starcraft II, I'm going to imagine that a high end video card is going to be needed.

As for ram, I usually buy the fastest ram my motherboard will support. I would look at the DDR2 800 ram. That's what newegg has the most of right now and the prices are down pretty well. This Crucial ram is $64 before rebate ($34 after). I would just buy one of the 2 gig kits for now. I don't really think you need 4 gig unless you were planning on going to a high end vista rig.

I don't really know what you were doing with the adding together of ram speeds. I don't imagine that being right. You did also ask about overclocking. If you do overclock, you're going to want some fast, high quality ram. You would also want to do some research on that motherboard to see what options it has in that department. A small board like that might be not very well suited for overclocking.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. I didnt notice that on the PCI express slot. whats the speed differance between the two if you know. Also any pci express vid card should fit in that slot but would just potentially be slower right?

I didn't completely understand the guy at stone when he tried to explain the logic of using 667 for this board when it can take 800. thats what I thought he was saying but it was still confusing.

The board has a Hdmi out so that was a big plus. playing some h264's at a full 1080p would be sweet. My cases can take full boards just seemed like a good bang for the buck.

Thanks for your help.

Any one else have any thoughts on the ram question. What he might have been talking about. Bleh thanks.

[quote name='floormat']thanks for the reply. I didnt notice that on the PCI express slot. whats the speed differance between the two if you know. Also any pci express vid card should fit in that slot but would just potentially be slower right?
[/QUOTE]

I don't really know what the difference is, but I would guess that most cards in the future will be taking advantage of it. I like to pay a little more for motherboards that are a little more future proof. I don't build computers often, so I like having boards that I can add on to for a good while.

That HDMI output is nice, but there are other options. I noticed some video cards come with DVI/HDMI adapters. You could also find cheap DVI to HDMI cables at monoprice.

Most people go with 800 because they plan to set the clock to 667 and then overclock up....so the RAM ends up running near the original spec.

Intel uses a seperate memory controller from the CPU so the FSB to memory clock thing isn't a real issue. I'd go with good DDR667, don't pay extra for the 800 unless you really need it for some reason. Pick a good brand something like Corsair. You don't need the fancy stuff if you're not overclocking. Just look for a good CAS rating. I usually go for Corsair ValueSelect.

Get a 1333 FSB Core 2 Duo if you can, they really perform better than the 1066 of the same clock speed.

If you're running XP or Vista 32-bit, 4GB is the max RAM, but your system will probably only see 3 to 3.5GB of it. I'm gaming on Vista at 2GB and doing fine...but I do have a dedicated video card.

Target in Greenwood/Center Grove had a couple interesting games on clearance. Here they are from the top of my head:

Folklore (PS3) -- $30 -- 2 copies
Blue Dragon (360) -- $30 -- 1 copy
Stranglehold (360) -- $42 -- couple copies
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) -- $14 -- couple copies

There was plenty of other crap there but those stood out. I hope one of you guys can take advantage. I'm cutting back on games so I can buy a house in the area.

[quote name='depascal22']Target in Greenwood/Center Grove had a couple interesting games on clearance. Here they are from the top of my head:

Folklore (PS3) -- $30 -- 2 copies
Blue Dragon (360) -- $30 -- 1 copy
Stranglehold (360) -- $42 -- couple copies
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) -- $14 -- couple copies

There was plenty of other crap there but those stood out. I hope one of you guys can take advantage. I'm cutting back on games so I can buy a house in the area.[/quote]Where's that exactly? I didn't know there's another Target in the Greenwood area.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Where's that exactly? I didn't know there's another Target in the Greenwood area.[/quote]

It's on 135 and Smith Valley.

I stoped by the EDJE Video store in Berne today, It had a sign on the dorr that said closed untill further notice.

I should be deal shopping in Fort Wayne on friday or saturday, ayone know of any deals up there at the moment?

Is that a reduced price for Blue Dragon? I've been waiting for a decent price since release, but I'm not sure it's ever going to happen. I live in the Seymour/ Columbus area so there isn't much competition in my area to cause places to reduce prices.
Because of the area where I live, I was blown away when I saw the selection at Fry's the one time I was able to make it up there. I wish they'd get a Fry's in the Greenwood area.
With gas prices being what they are, though, it's hard to make what used to be my usual trip. It was enjoyable when I could come up to KB Toys, EB and FYE in the mall, 2 different FunCoLands, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Circuit City, Game Rush (or Crazy, whichever one is in BlockBuster) and Video Game eXchange. The trip was capped off by stopping in at the Big K and getting Little Caesar's to bring home. MMM pizza pizza!

I have been looking for a cheap blue-dragon also. The trick for overcomming the gas price issue is to buy enough exrta clearance games to put some on E-Bay!! at least that's what i do.

I could be wrong and I'm sure it's a ymmv, but I thought I saw someone mention on neogaf that they got Blue Dragon for $15 on clearance at Target.

[quote name='ToddG15']I could be wrong and I'm sure it's a ymmv, but I thought I saw someone mention on neogaf that they got Blue Dragon for $15 on clearance at Target.[/QUOTE]

Some people have mentioned BD being $15 at Target, but none of the Targets in Fort Wayne have reached that price. They're still at $30. I went a head and bought it at that price. I'm hoping to return it and pick up one of the other copies once they drop to $15.

[quote name='erehwon']Some people have mentioned BD being $15 at Target, but none of the Targets in Fort Wayne have reached that price. They're still at $30. I went a head and bought it at that price. I'm hoping to return it and pick up one of the other copies once they drop to $15.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if it does drop and you can grab one for me at $15, I'd pay for your lunch at the Target cafeteria thingy.

I havent been to a target in FW forever, I'm looking for games this weekend, If i find any copy's of BD for $15 ill grab some extras for you guys.

P.S Are Disk replay and McVans the only oldschool VG places in FW? The guy at Levs Pawnshop(Horribly over priced games!!) said that he found a place that had some awsome deals, and even some protos for NES.

Well, I'm heading home to Fort Wayne for Spring Break today, so I'll be there for a week.

I actually got an email from SCEA telling me to send a resume to do a SingStar promotion at a TRU (basically, me singing to SingStar 90's). Probably too late now, but I considered doing it for the Lafayette or Fort Wayne TRU location and get paid $100.

Also, not sure if anyone knew, the old Gamestop employee I was talking about (who use to work at Jefferson Pointe not too long ago and is now at the Wabash Landing location in West Lafayette) is Ryan (not sure if anyone remembered him).

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Man, do that promo if you can - that would be fun, and $100? Hell, I'd do it.[/quote]You get to keep the Singstar game, too. Unfortunately, they make you send the PS2 system back.

Indy-area Targets have been a PITA about Blue Dragon - I've only seen it drop past $41.98 at one (the one depascal mentioned - my wife and I hit that place up every Monday), and that one's been stuck on $29.98 for a solid month. Bah.

And there are two Targets in the vicinity of Greenwood - there's the one on Smith Valley and 135, and there's the one a bit up 65 on Emerson and Southport. Great store - they run $5 gift card promo buys all the time - but it's a horrible location.

[quote name='floormat']hey. would any of you local ipfw guys be willing to pick me up a extra copy of the acadmic version of windows xp ¿? let me know. thanks.[/QUOTE]

unless they changed it this year. They crackdown on it few years back. YOu have to take a class that requires the programs to be able to buy them. YOu used to have to take a sheet from the teacher sayin you need that program (i think people were buyin and resellin on ebay )

[quote name='slidecage']unless they changed it this year. They crackdown on it few years back. YOu have to take a class that requires the programs to be able to buy them. YOu used to have to take a sheet from the teacher sayin you need that program (i think people were buyin and resellin on ebay )[/QUOTE]

oh ok didn't know. pick upped a copy of 98 when I went there several years back. didn't know things had changed. pretty lax back then. Thanks for the update.

Last time one of my friends bought software at IPFW they were tracking ID's and you had to show a current schedule. Each student could get 1 copy of Office and XP per year. I think other programs were restricted to a relevant class.

Floormat, check Newegg.com, you can buy an OEM copy of XP for $80 to $90, but you don't get any support from MS if you have problems. You may also be able to buy an extra copy on ebay...but that gets dodgy, because the key may be activated. But occasionally you'll find someone who put a different OS on and sells the license that shipped w/ their machine.

[quote name='arbiter']Last time one of my friends bought software at IPFW they were tracking ID's and you had to show a current schedule. Each student could get 1 copy of Office and XP per year. I think other programs were restricted to a relevant class.

Floormat, check Newegg.com, you can buy an OEM copy of XP for $80 to $90, but you don't get any support from MS if you have problems. You may also be able to buy an extra copy on ebay...but that gets dodgy, because the key may be activated. But occasionally you'll find someone who put a different OS on and sells the license that shipped w/ their machine.[/QUOTE]

good thought. had not really thought about new egg for the software. as long as its like any normal copy of xp i shouldn't need any support. Thanks.

Last I heard the Key that IPFW gives out with their Cd's is a multimachine key, I have used my IPFW key on 3 machines and it verifys everytime.

Site license keys are usually not limited. I don't know the details, but I think the school has to pay based on the number of discs they sell, or a bulk rate for unlimited activations based on the estimated number of users.

Either way, I think they've just told Microsoft "We're x size and need XP licenses" and MS quoted them a dollar amount, then IPFW can make as many discs as they need off their site key.

I dropped by the Target at Glenbrook. The NGS and Folklore dropped to $30. I was tempted to pick up a copy for when I get a PS3, but decided to wait.

The Hollywood Video In Mishawaka on McKinley Ave. is closing. Everything in 70-80% off. Just bought about three games and some movies. The games were all 4-5$ and the movies were 3-5$. There were still some good games left for DS, PS2, Xbox (original). The manager said they would be closing this weekend. Of course, all the fixtures are for sale...if you need a candy rack or something.

[quote name='englishsandwich']The Hollywood Video In Mishawaka on McKinley Ave. is closing. Everything in 70-80% off. Just bought about three games and some movies. The games were all 4-5$ and the movies were 3-5$. There were still some good games left for DS, PS2, Xbox (original). The manager said they would be closing this weekend. Of course, all the fixtures are for sale...if you need a candy rack or something.[/QUOTE]

if you go back and see any DS games for 5 or under (besides ping pals. sprung or older sports game) let me know i buy them off of you + shipping + extra for your time

Ps2 Rpg games (let me know before buying on ps2 games)

BUt i will buy almost any ds game besides the ones i said

Will also toss in a 1 month 2 games at a time 30 day pass to gamefly.

Target on Coldwater has some PC stuff marked down.
I noticed Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Universe at War, and the expansion for SW: Empire at War. I think most of them were $12.99, but I'm not sure about Quake Wars.

Southtown Wal-Mart has Wii Classic Controller Glove / Points card packs for $10 on sale. (a bunch left, maybe 20 or so). They have Classic Controller / glove packs for $10 as well. Looked like there were maybe a dozen controllers left.

I need an arcade stick for original xbox.
If someone sees a used one somewhere or has one to trade or sell, let me know.

[quote name='arbiter']I need an arcade stick for original xbox.
If someone sees a used one somewhere or has one to trade or sell, let me know.[/quote]

A couple people have the SF stick on the trade forums. It's not great but there aren't any great mass produced sticks for the original Xbox.

The Indianapolis Star has the Meijer coupon in it today. It's $5 off any video game $49.99 and up.

I might use it on Rainbow Six if I don't drag myself all the way up to the Fry's in Fishers.

Living in Indianapolis and I'm looking for either a Sega Saturn RF adapter or RCA adapter. I prefer the RCA one, but relatively not picky. I just pulled my Saturn out of storage and my original adapter is practicly useless.

[quote name='arbiter']I need an arcade stick for original xbox.
If someone sees a used one somewhere or has one to trade or sell, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I have a Nuby (I think, will check if you are interested) one that has been used only once, still in box. Will let go for cheap!

[quote name='jp0213']Living in Indianapolis and I'm looking for either a Sega Saturn RF adapter or RCA adapter. I prefer the RCA one, but relatively not picky. I just pulled my Saturn out of storage and my original adapter is practicly useless.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, I gave my Saturn cable to the one who bought my Saturn recently. Don't remember having another one.

I'm going out to the Lafayette CC just after 2pm looking for Hot Shots Golf: OoB. I might go to GS again today and get ripped off trading in a few games no one has picked up.

Atomic Hobbies and Games is discounting all their consoles. They are going to only carry games and no hardware. They told me on wednesday that they had a Saturn for $25. I thought someone here might be interested.

Disc Replay has some Saturn games in. Mostly common stuff. They had 3 or 4 tg16 hucards too.

I also decided this week that I'm going to start collecting old games again. I used to have about 130 Atari carts but I sold them when I graduated. So starting over I'm looking for old systems if and games if anyone is trading, selling, or junking them.

I have my nes torn open. I'm going to have to order a new 72 pin connector.

[quote name='arbiter']I also decided this week that I'm going to start collecting old games again. I used to have about 130 Atari carts but I sold them when I graduated. So starting over I'm looking for old systems if and games if anyone is trading, selling, or junking them.
[/QUOTE]

I have a boxed Colecovision with 2 expansion modules, Super Action Controllers, and 20 or so games, along with a boxed Vectrex and 4 or so boxed games to sell.

I also have a Microsoft Strategic Commander sealed that I want to get rid of.

PM's sent and thanks guys!

I should clarify. I collect games to play them. So I'm not hung up on boxes. I have kids...and they get to play the classics too! :)

[quote name='arbiter']Atomic Hobbies and Games is discounting all their consoles. They are going to only carry games and no hardware. They told me on wednesday that they had a Saturn for $25. I thought someone here might be interested.

Disc Replay has some Saturn games in. Mostly common stuff. They had 3 or 4 tg16 hucards too.

[/QUOTE]
What other kinds of hardware did they have? It's been awhile since I've gone there. I doubt they have any of the more obscure systems, which is what I have left to look for.

I think I have almost all of the systems from the major game companies, except the 32X. I only have two systems that are of the more obscure type: JVC X'Eye, and a Vectrex. I'm wanting to find the Sega Nomad, CDX, and the Turbografx-16. I would love to find some of those systems, but I'm more focusing on games right now. I'm really wanting to collect for the snes, saturn, and ps1. I'm especially wanting to get some of the Working Designs games for the ps1. Those are going to be hard to get complete.

diggin in my basement last week found an atari jag. complete with box .... with A Vs Pred. game

wonder if AVP is still worth a pretty penny

too bad it wasnt a Dreamcast for 25. I got around 4 Saturn systems just lying around

[quote name='erehwon']What other kinds of hardware did they have? It's been awhile since I've gone there. I doubt they have any of the more obscure systems, which is what I have left to look for.

I think I have almost all of the systems from the major game companies, except the 32X. I only have two systems that are of the more obscure type: JVC X'Eye, and a Vectrex. I'm wanting to find the Sega Nomad, CDX, and the Turbografx-16. I would love to find some of those systems, but I'm more focusing on games right now. I'm really wanting to collect for the snes, saturn, and ps1. I'm especially wanting to get some of the Working Designs games for the ps1. Those are going to be hard to get complete.[/QUOTE]I've told a bunch I'm selling my Turbo 16 Grafx w/ 5 games; however, one person kind of has it on hold right now and we'll see if he decides to go with it.

I use to have a Sega Nomad last year, but sold it off.

bread's done
Back