Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='arbiter']Disc Replay has loaded up on a ton more stock. The manager says they're doing a crazy amount of business. They're hiring more staff, and are going to expand the store into the shop next door soon.

The volume of games and systems they have in stock has gone way up.

I picked up Panzer Dragoon II Zwei for Saturn there yesterday.[/QUOTE]

im very very shocked they are sticking around. wonder how the video game place on lima is doing. Never is a single car in their parking lot

[quote name='Rictor']Nah, I hate El Sol. It's La Hacienda. El Sol seems more like Spanish food than Mexican to me...especially with seafood on the menu. I guess it depends on what part of Mexico your in whether they specialize in seafood or not but all of Spain specializes in seafood. I can't stand Spanish food though.

No me gusta El Sol, pero me gusta La Hacienda.[/QUOTE]

Both times I've been in Mexico I ate kick ass seafood every day.

La Hacienda is great if you're into recycled salsa. I swear, every time it's sweeps week, one of the local news stations has a story about that place pouring old salsa back into the main batch.

(I still eat there though. LOL)

[quote name='Captain Wrong']La Hacienda is great if you're into recycled salsa. I swear, every time it's sweeps week, one of the local news stations has a story about that place pouring old salsa back into the main batch.

(I still eat there though. LOL)[/quote]

That's good to know.

Since I'm leaving in two more days, I may as well spill all about Bloomington. There are rarely any posts about the area, and after this little retrospective it may be for good reason. ;)

Best Buy
Typical video game stock, nothing special. Above-average help, quite nice. They sometimes have clearances, although they are few and far between and rarely have gems in there. Not bad, but not worth the trip.

EBGames [College Mall]
Excellent store, overall. Fantastic manager and staff for the past three years. While their Used games waver in quality here and there, the most important aspect is that the location is where RPG fans are turning in their top titles. It tends to be more Atlus and NIS as of late, but if you're looking for something in particular they may have it eventually. I got Nocturne from them for a song well before the reprint, picked up Suikoden 2 before the PS1 clearance (once again, for nearly nothing), and they recently had a few FES, Atelier Iris (original), and other uncommons and rares in stock. Definitely worth a trip if you're in the area.

GameStop [College Mall]
Just like EBGames only far fewer rare RPGs overall. However, their Used DS section tends to house gems every now and again. PSP selection is also quite good.

Target [College Mall]
Game selection is usually a letdown, but their clearances aren't half-bad. The only problem is that the good titles will take forever to reach half-price, and are usually a few weeks behind the current trend in other stores. Don't expect titles to hit the 75% level, if ever. They usually go to Goodwill well before that.

K-Mart
Nothing on sale, nothing good on clearance, easily skippable. Just don't bother.

Sears [College Mall]
Rarely anything on clearance. If so, it's at a ridiculous price anyway. Not worth the time. Good stock overall, though, just in case you're looking for a new title that sold out everywhere else. Then again, how often does that happen?

Wal-Mart
Only been there once but wasn't impressed. Standard selection, few things on sale, nothing special.

Blockbuster Video
Never been, so not sure.

Movie Gallery
Good on rentals, poor on sales. Don't bother.

And that's it. Nice arcade in College Mall as well, although I don't know if it will last. They're all about quality upkeep and acquisitions, though, so it's quite possible that they may be the ones to take the plunge on a SF4 cab in the future, if not shell out for the next King of Fighters.

BTW, when people are talking Disc Replay, which one are we talking? I kinda lost the thread here and I know there is one on the East Side.

I'm looking to trade some games and DVDs in possibly as I don't have time to mess with eBay/Amazon/etc. and it's not all that exciting stuff but I'd like to get something. Anyone trade stuff there?

I know of one on Washington St. and on US 31 by Walmart but those are the only two disc replays near me I know of.. yeah which one is getting a ton of business and plans on expanding?

[quote name='chadthechosen']I know of one on Washington St. and on US 31 by Walmart but those are the only two disc replays near me I know of.. yeah which one is getting a ton of business and plans on expanding?[/quote]

I'm guessing there's one in FW as well, considering the guys who are talking about it.

There are three in Indianapolis: 31 and Southport in the W-M complex, the one on Washington, and one in the Castleton complex facing Best Buy. The one up by Castleton has a lot of good stuff, but it's all priced accordingly (which is why they still have so much of it).

As for the guy who was asking about trading stuff there: I've traded some low-value stuff there, and I usually get about 40% of what they sell it for in store credit, (it'd be 30% less than that in cash). It's usually a bit better than Gamestop, especially on low-value stuff, but if you're near a GS that's doing the +50% through the end of this month (like the two on Emerson and Southport), it'd probably be worth it to dump higher-value games there for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='falcon815']if you're near a GS that's doing the +50% through the end of this month (like the two on Emerson and Southport), it'd probably be worth it to dump higher-value games there for now.[/quote]

Can you tell me more about this? Sorry, I haven't been here in a while and I can't exactly search for it. The Southside is a little drive for me, but if it's worth it, I'll make it.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Can you tell me more about this? Sorry, I haven't been here in a while and I can't exactly search for it. The Southside is a little drive for me, but if it's worth it, I'll make it.[/quote]

Sure. There are six local Gamestops with a coupon flyer that includes +50% bonus on up to 5 games in a single trade-in. (The flyer also includes a one-time use 10% off a new game, and +$30 on a traded-in system, excluding the obvious GC/GBA). These six stores are:

The two on Emerson and Southport (NE and SE corners).
The two on west 86th (within a couple blocks of each other - by Wal-Mart, and in College Park with Panera and Trader Joe's).
The two on east 82nd (one in Castleton Square Mall, one further west on 82nd).

Just go in to any one of those six stores and ask for a copy of their coupon flyer. Like I said, it's good through the end of the month.

[quote name='arbiter']Speaking of Books, if you're into comics, and near Ft. Wayne, check out Discount Comic Book Service. www.dcbservice.com It's in the office park just to the north east of the intersection of Washington Center Rd and Hillegas. They're in the first building on the left as you drive in from WCR.

It's a mail order house for comic books, but they have a retail store. They sell most everything at 35% off retail if you walk in, or 40% if you preorder via web. (they say put "(Local)" after your name when creating your account.)

They have a large amount of "damaged" Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels that normally sell for 50% off. Usually they just have a dogeared corner or a crease in the cover. Last week they were running a special for 75% off, they weren't sure how long they would run it.

I'd call and check the hours before you stop in though, I think they're only open Wed-Sat and it's weird hours like 11 to 8 or something.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for telling me about this place. I went today and picked up several from that damaged section.

I picked up:
Crisis on Infinite Earths
The Road to Civil War
Black Panther: Civil War
New Avengers: Civil War
Star Wars 30th Anniversery Collection 6 and 11
Star Wars Dark Empire 1
Star Wars Dark Forces Jedi Knight

I think I did pretty well. I'm just going to have to keep checking back to see what they get. I want to complete the Dark Empire set since I've been wanting to read that for a long time.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']BTW, when people are talking Disc Replay, which one are we talking? I kinda lost the thread here and I know there is one on the East Side. [/quote]

I was talking about the one in Ft. Wayne, but they're a chain so they should have similar trade values...though management may vary.

The one in Ft. Wayne is just off Coldwater north of the intersection of Coldwater and Coliseum. (big intersection in front of Glenbrook Square Mall)
They are in the strip mall near Shoe carnival, located on the end, right between Quizno's and Clothing Mentor & Plato's closet. (which is a good place to ditch your lady friends while you shop)

Southside Indy people - do not bother with the 'Greenwood' CC if you're looking for FE: Radiant Dawn. I don't think they even had any to begin with.

For that matter, they disassembled the clearance bin and just threw everything in it onto the shelf without organizing it. The DS section is a complete disaster area, not organized by title or price... some $40 games are unprotected and some $15 games locked away. It's a mess and a half. Clearance games ARE mixed in on the shelf, but I didn't have the patience to look for FFXII:RW or anything else with the shelves as jammed as they were.

[quote name='falcon815']Southside Indy people - do not bother with the 'Greenwood' CC if you're looking for FE: Radiant Dawn. I don't think they even had any to begin with.

For that matter, they disassembled the clearance bin and just threw everything in it onto the shelf without organizing it. The DS section is a complete disaster area, not organized by title or price... some $40 games are unprotected and some $15 games locked away. It's a mess and a half. Clearance games ARE mixed in on the shelf, but I didn't have the patience to look for FFXII:RW or anything else with the shelves as jammed as they were.[/quote]

I was there yesterday and the clearance games were in a bin at the front of the store in front of the service desk. I saw Bleach Wii, one of the Super Mario GBA games, Tony Hawk for PS3, and that's about it for the current drops. Tons of stuff from previous drops, such as crappy Wii games (move tie-ins, Nights) and crappy PS3 games.

You are right that there was no Fire Emblem though. Strangely, I didn't see Destroy All Humans either, which you would think they'd have a stack of. There were several copies of Destroy All Humans and one or two copies of Dragon Quest Monsters at the Castleton CC on Thursday. I got the last Fire Emblem and probably only because it was shelved in the wrong section.

[quote name='arbiter']I'd call and check the hours before you stop in though, I think they're only open Wed-Sat and it's weird hours like 11 to 8 or something.[/quote]

11-8 is actually fairly standard comic store hours across the country. That's the hours for all the comic shop in Indy, I believe, except the downtown store which is open earlier and closes earlier. It's because comics are a low profit or no profit business, so they can only afford to staff the store 9 hours a day. They pick that time period because the two big rushes for the day are lunch hour and after work (5 pm - 8 pm). There would be a morning before work rush if more stores could afford to staff a morning shift.

[quote name='jlseal']La Hacienda is teh awesome. I forget which fajita platter I got the last time I was there, but it had enough for 2 people and was goooood.[/quote]

If you want to try a little of everything, get El Combo and split it with another person. Get get like 5 pounds of food.

Burrito, taco, enchilada, chille relleno, tostada, beans, rice, and I think some more stuff. It's like $10 or $11. You can find coupons for this place in those coupon packs everyone gets in the mail in Indy and throws away. Also, those free coupon books that you can pick up in restaurants and businesses around town in the same places they rack the free newspapers.

i picked up finall fantasy revenant wings for ds thursday night at greenwood store and was a bitch finding it the ds games like said earlier just tossed together in no order.

Is it me or are all of us in Greenwood (proper or the Greenwood section of Indy) or Ft. Wayne? I mean, I don't expect many cheap asses in Carmel but that's alot of competition for what's turning out to be slim pickings.

there are a lot in greenwood, i live about 4 miles from cc of meridian st and i just do not seem to impressed at that store. on another note was just at gamestop on east st some nice deals but computers dead so i struck out

You guys are always welcome to throw me a friend request if you want to play Gears. The community is still going strong. I'm also getting CoD4 off of Goozex any day now.

[quote name='arbiter']I was talking about the one in Ft. Wayne, but they're a chain so they should have similar trade values...though management may vary.

The one in Ft. Wayne is just off Coldwater north of the intersection of Coldwater and Coliseum. (big intersection in front of Glenbrook Square Mall)
They are in the strip mall near Shoe carnival, located on the end, right between Quizno's and Clothing Mentor & Plato's closet. (which is a good place to ditch your lady friends while you shop)[/quote]

That's cool that they are expanding, they grew fast, probably due to the fact that they are cheaper then McVans and give better trade credit. I'm not sure how they determine TIV's and Price, they were dirt cheap the first 6 months, but now they are doing the McVan %10 more than ebay price scheme. They had a stack of about 10 copies of FFVII marked $70 apiece last time i was in there they were like $20 when they opened.

The Disc Replay manager says the prices come down from the corporate office in Indianpolis. He says sometimes they're too high, and sometimes too low. He also says sometimes the games list doesn't get updated for weeks, and sometimes they'll push 2 changes in a week. I'd guess whomever does the pricing at the main office probably surfs eBay and Google Shopping to find prices.

[quote name='arbiter']The Disc Replay manager says the prices come down from the corporate office in Indianpolis. ... I'd guess whomever does the pricing at the main office probably surfs eBay and Google Shopping to find prices.[/quote]

eBay for sure - I saw one of them checking finished auctions for a game a friend of mine traded in. Also, last year, they had a sealed copy of PS1 Valkyrie Profile at the one on 31 in the Wal-Mart complex, priced right at $200 (pretty much the going eBay rate at the time). I think they may have just eBayed the sucker in the end.

They also have some kind of reference book printed out for how much to give on certain older cartridge titles. There was a header with some game collectors' website given on it, but it's been so long that I can't remember what it was.

--

As for the Gamestop on south East street, yeah, that one's usually decent. I like the employees there, Emily in particular - she's knowledgable and not the usual Gamestop brand of pushy. I don't get to that one much anymore, though, since I'm not driving to work now. The closest ones to me are the one in the mall, and the one across the street; of those two, the one across the street in the 1/2 Price Books complex is infinitely more organized and well-staffed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='depascal22']Is it me or are all of us in Greenwood (proper or the Greenwood section of Indy) or Ft. Wayne? I mean, I don't expect many cheap asses in Carmel but that's alot of competition for what's turning out to be slim pickings.[/quote]

Man, I've had poor luck in Indy for years. One day I discovered a possible reason when I noticed I was standing in line at Meijers behind the guy who runs Video Game Xchange (used to be one on the South Side, still is on the West Side.) He had just about cleared the shelves of anything worth getting. Sure enough, next time I was in his store, there were all those games, with a nice little mark up.

Nowadays, I'll check Target clearance, if I'm there. Other than that, it's just not worth my time and driving all over town (I'm on the Northeast side) to maybe find one game I'm halfway interested in. YMMV.

[quote name='arbiter']The Disc Replay manager says the prices come down from the corporate office in Indianpolis. He says sometimes they're too high, and sometimes too low. He also says sometimes the games list doesn't get updated for weeks, and sometimes they'll push 2 changes in a week. I'd guess whomever does the pricing at the main office probably surfs eBay and Google Shopping to find prices.[/quote]

I think that 90% of them may come from the main office, but I know for sure that once i was in there and I saw a game and i mentioned to my friend that it was cheap. the guy overheard me then looked on ebay and changed the price.

Would the Indy CAGs mind posting if they see any Wii Fits in TRU, or even possibly Best Buy? I wanna pick one up since I have the 20% off coupon at TRU and haven't been lucky enough to find one. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Would the Indy CAGs mind posting if they see any Wii Fits in TRU, or even possibly Best Buy? I wanna pick one up since I have the 20% off coupon at TRU and haven't been lucky enough to find one. Thanks.[/quote]
I saw Wii Fit at Best Buy Greenwood Sunday afternoon. No clue if it'd still be available though.. Sorry, it's probably not much help.

[quote name='ToddG15']I saw Wii Fit at Best Buy Greenwood Sunday afternoon. No clue if it'd still be available though.. Sorry, it's probably not much help.[/quote]It's alright...good to hear some feedback. At least it's something positive to know that they are out there while I continue my fruitless search.

*awooga* *awooga* Heavily YMMV deal strikes southside Indianapolis.

For any southsiders looking for FFTA2, head to Target on Sumner. Multiple copies await at $27.98. No more stores on the southside have it clearanced yet, as far as I can tell. This Target also has Ninja Gaiden DS, Zelda PH, Pokemon D/P all 30% off. Also, tons of points cards. I took 6 and there are still at least 15 left.

For any southsiders looking for Madden '08 on PS2, 47 copies await at Smith Valley and 135 Target. :roll:

[quote name='depascal22']Is it me or are all of us in Greenwood (proper or the Greenwood section of Indy) or Ft. Wayne? I mean, I don't expect many cheap asses in Carmel but that's alot of competition for what's turning out to be slim pickings.[/quote]

I am on the west side of Indy and I work in Noblesville, so I tend to shop everything from Avon and Plainfield all the way north to Castleton, Carmel and Fishers. It's one of the few perks of having a long commute.

I only make rare trips to Greenwood these days. I use to live on the east side and work in Greenwood and Castleton. When you have a car with good gas mileage and you're used to driving 100 miles a day, driving 20-30 minutes to Greenwood from the west side is no big deal.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Man, I've had poor luck in Indy for years. One day I discovered a possible reason when I noticed I was standing in line at Meijers behind the guy who runs Video Game Xchange (used to be one on the South Side, still is on the West Side.) He had just about cleared the shelves of anything worth getting. Sure enough, next time I was in his store, there were all those games, with a nice little mark up.

Nowadays, I'll check Target clearance, if I'm there. Other than that, it's just not worth my time and driving all over town (I'm on the Northeast side) to maybe find one game I'm halfway interested in. YMMV.[/quote]

He's not the only dealer in Indy. There are plenty of flea market video game dealers and Ebay resellers as well. Also, Brian's Rare Games from northern Indiana drives down to Indy when there are good clearances. I remember him wiping out a few Game Crazies back when we still had Game Crazies and they had awesome clearances. I miss the Game Crazy and TRU on 38th Street. I could always get their before anyone else since it was only a 10 minute drive for me...I'd just pop in right as they opened the door and grab whatever I wanted...never missed out on any of the clearance deals back then.

[quote name='falcon815']*awooga* *awooga* Heavily YMMV deal strikes southside Indianapolis.

For any southsiders looking for FFTA2, head to Target on Sumner. Multiple copies await at $27.98. No more stores on the southside have it clearanced yet, as far as I can tell. This Target also has Ninja Gaiden DS, Zelda PH, Pokemon D/P all 30% off. Also, tons of points cards. I took 6 and there are still at least 15 left.

For any southsiders looking for Madden '08 on PS2, 47 copies await at Smith Valley and 135 Target. :roll:[/quote]There's a shit load of games at that location. I hope a few of them stick around for the next round (looking at you Zelda PH), but I did pick up Company of Heroes today there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']There's a shit load of games at that location. I hope a few of them stick around for the next round (looking at you Zelda PH), but I did pick up Company of Heroes today there.[/quote]

Yeah, I picked up some points cards and PQ2 for PSP. Vaguely hoping Bioshock makes it to 75 - that'd be cool.

I just wonder why that store in particular ended up with all those clearance games. They don't even have the case space for all those copies to begin with - their DS shelves are half the size of Emerson/Southport and Smith Valley/135.

[quote name='falcon815']Yeah, I picked up some points cards and PQ2 for PSP. Vaguely hoping Bioshock makes it to 75 - that'd be cool.

I just wonder why that store in particular ended up with all those clearance games. They don't even have the case space for all those copies to begin with - their DS shelves are half the size of Emerson/Southport and Smith Valley/135.[/quote]That store has always been the gold mine for me in the past for clearances here in Indy. They always seem to have more stuff clearanced than the other Targets around town. I'll keep an eye on the Bioshock for you and let you know of stock and price updates. I already own it so that's one less person you'll have to compete with.

[quote name='arbiter']Has anyone seen a Wii Fit in Ft. Wayne recently?[/QUOTE]

I saw some at target on Monday. I can't remember if it was the Glenbrook or Maplecrest one.

[quote name='arbiter']Has anyone seen a Wii Fit in Ft. Wayne recently?[/quote]

I know the Movie Gallry in Bluffton gets them in almost weekly, and always has one or two on hand when i'm there.

i need $$$$ freeded up on my credit card today so im going to be taking back

2 Fire emblems and 2 DRagon quest Wii games to CC at 11 am

get there if you want them

Please do not ask to buy these off me cause i need the money off my CC today cause im giong to get hit with a 100+ vet bill today (new puppy is sick)

The US31 Target is all out of Kane and Lynch (360) and Zelda PH (I really wanted the latter, too). They only reached 30% clearance. Damn. Any of the southside stores have any more of the Zelda's in stock? I'd really love one.

BTW falco, that same store only has the one copy of Bioshock at $19.98 as does the Castleton Target. Don't think they're gonna make the 75% level. The US31 store in particular seems to clear out at the next round from past experience.

Good Lord, they're out of Zelda already? They had at least 7 copies on Monday.

Smith Valley and 135 had nothing but Madden 08 on PS2 this Monday - they didn't have a single DS clearance game. Emerson and Southport, it's possible... I'll check there tonight, my wife and I are heading there anyway.

Might have to stop and get that Bioshock tonight too, I guess. Then again, they only had two copies on Monday, so one left by now is pretty good... I might wait 'til Monday.

When you say point cards at Target, are you talking about Wii Point cards or Xbox 360? I didn't see these mentioned in the Target clearance thread but have only read a few pages back. How much are they?

After Christmas I remember several of us getting Wii Point cards for $6-7 a pop at the Wal-Mart in Noblesville. Sadly, I have almost used up all those points thanks to pricey WiiWare games ($10 for Dr. Mario?).

[quote name='Rictor']When you say point cards at Target, are you talking about Wii Point cards or Xbox 360? I didn't see these mentioned in the Target clearance thread but have only read a few pages back. How much are they?

After Christmas I remember several of us getting Wii Point cards for $6-7 a pop at the Wal-Mart in Noblesville. Sadly, I have almost used up all those points thanks to pricey WiiWare games ($10 for Dr. Mario?).[/quote]

I really wish I'd been driving to work at that point - I could have zipped up there and gotten in on that. Those points card bundles were STILL on an endcap at the Southport Wal-Mart as of a couple months ago... at full price.

But at Target, what I was referring to was the sale on 1600 MS point cards last week - they were $15. Good enough for me, considering how rarely one can find MS points at a discount.

Speaking of Target, Steve was right; Bioshock was gone at 31 and National on Monday. Oh well. So was any trace of FFTA2, for anyone who cares. All that's left on the DS side is a stack of Pokemon D/P a mile high... like the 66 copies of PS2 Madden '08 that Smith Valley and 135 had last Friday. (I don't know where they found MORE.)

blockbuster on dupont

new games (at least they say they are new)

Nintendowords 14.99

pokemon time or darkness 24.99 new (34.99 everywhere else)

so maybe the pokemon is getting a price drop

anyone want a guest pass for Team Fortress 2?
I think it's good for 3 days.

Valve issued a batch of them...I'd need your steam account name to send it to you.

If anyone is interested there was 1 eye of Judgment bundle left for $30 at Walmart Maplecrest...

Indy/Fishers/Zionsville CAGs. The Best Buy on N. Michigan Road has a bunch of current-gen titles stickered at $9.99, including VF5 Online, Area 51, Lost Via Domus, Virtua Tennis 3, and a whole bunch of others. They're not top of the line titles, but there's a few decent games to find on the end caps. They also had a couple copies of Odama (GCN) with the mic available yesterday, which I found surprising.

[quote name='depascal22']VF5 isn't a top of the line title? Hell, I'm thinking about going up all the way up there just to pick up copies of that for presents.[/quote]It's a great game, but I meant generally, the titles weren't that great.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's a great game, but I meant generally, the titles weren't that great.[/quote]

Just messin with ya.;) Hell, maybe I should check the Greenwood BB to see if I can save the gas.

bread's done
Back